***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OHIO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Yikes!
Games: Sat-Tues-Thur- Sat. How will our limited roster hold up to that?🤔
I have a lot of trouble with this line of thinking but if things go south early, this may be a game where Ben waves the white flag of sorts and gives the bench a lot of run to save some legs for the games later this week. Really tough call as that doesn't send the right message but it avoids further fatigue and reduces the risk of injury.

I have a lot of trouble with this line of thinking but if things go south early, this may be a game where Ben waves the white flag of sorts and gives the bench a lot of run to save some legs for the games later this week. Really tough call as that doesn't send the right message but it avoids further fatigue and reduces the risk of injury.

NEVER HAPPEN
COACHES CAN NEVER NEVER DO THAT !!

Roger that. I would hate to see the starters gassed by Thur/Saturday when we have a more probable chance for wins. Time will tell.

Better defense, better offense, better coaching only gives us a chance. Wait and see which third is missing.

NEVER HAPPEN
COACHES CAN NEVER NEVER DO THAT !!
Coaches empty their benches all of the time if things go sideways. If this team is down 20 at the half, I could certainly see a scenario where Ben gets Thiam, Ogele, and the walk-ons 5-8 minutes in the second half. The starters would love to see some of their teammates get into a game and make some contributions. Clem would do this with Hosea Crittenden in the early to mid 90s in games that were not close.

Coaches empty their benches all of the time if things go sideways. If this team is down 20 at the half, I could certainly see a scenario where Ben gets Thiam, Ogele, and the walk-ons 5-8 minutes in the second half. The starters would love to see some of their teammates get into a game and make some contributions. Clem would do this with Hosea Crittenden in the early to mid 90s in games that were not close.
Gone but not forgotten

Right....so CD's minutes seem in line with what he gets in games when Curry plays (although a little lower due to PSU going small) while TT's minutes do not fit with what he has been getting. Which to me confirms the fact that he was unavailable for the PSU game. The only mystery would seem to be why he wasn't available.
I could be wrong, but I don't think he played due to the matchup. Zero minutes might be extreme, but it was not a good matchup for Thompson. Harrar would have dominated Thompson and we wouldn't have been able to grab a board. It would have been a repeat of Ohio State. He's just not ready to matchup physically with that type of player. We wanted to make sure Curry was out there whenever Harrar was because he had the best chance (Harrar still was abusing Curry some).

When they went small, he wouldn't have been able to really guard anyone. They were all much too quick and they would have exploited him off the dribble. I thought they might have tried a zone with him down low, but I think we ran a zone for 2 plays, they hit back to back 3s and we never went back to it.

So, ultimately, I think johnson decided he didn't need him (Curry was playing well and we were matching them at small ball to get Curry some rest) and so he stayed on the bench. I like Thompson but I just don't think he matched up well and what we were doing was working. I think Johnson really wanted that win and didn't want to risk Thompson getting exposed. I expect well see Thompson some tonight even though this is another physically demanding matchup since Ohio State likes to play 2 bigs amd well need to try to match.

IF !!! BUT YOU NEVER ENTER A GAME WITH THAT IN MIND.

Curry pulled the chair. Daniels tried that and they called a foul.

Curry’s shot per touch ratio is insanely high.

What? They didn't call a phantom call on Daniels on that board?

Top Bottom