***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN BOUNCE BACK IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Will fans continue to defend fleck? He constantly gets outcoached by terrible teams, too conservative. He's a snake-oil salesman

Football is such a momentum game, you take that away and anything can happen, when you play not to lose sometimes you do.
Come on now you know that PJ doesn’t believe in momentum.

Play-calling wasn't dynamic in the second half. How in the world did the Gophers blow a comfortable half-time lead?

The Defense collapsed in the second half.

Last edited:

Just play out the contract with Fleck but stop extending and increasing his pay. It’s a waste of money. He’s mediocre at his peak.
No one “plays out a contract” for a coach in college. The extension is just for show, he’ll never get close to the end of it.

If you’ve been saying it for years, you’re an idiot.
good one. why can't he win in big games? Too conservative? No adjustments? What's been so great? Sure he's won the axe and had a few good seasons using mainly Kill/Claeys recruits?

PJ Fleck needs a dynamic OC.

How in the world did the Gophers blow a comfortable half-time lead?
the defense is what blew it.

It should take NW 12 quarters to put 31 points on us.

We are going to lose a ton of games this year, and where is there any hope for next year?

Been a huge Gopher fan since Mason's first year and a casual fan before that. It's weird that I've seen multiple massive Gopher collapses but never seen a big Gopher comeback win. Ever.

Never seen a defense collapse like that to a totally shitty team. Losing a big lead to really good team is one thing, but collapsing to a dumpster fire like Northwestern is a whole nuther thing. Fucking Northwestern.

Well, his overall record is pretty good but when he blows it, he really blows it.
Overall wins losses sure. Look at the first few years with mostly kill/claeys recruits... Losses like this shouldn't be happening in year 7 of a program. Is development that great? Is coaching that great?

Ok then fire him. May as well try someone else that isn’t an annoying clown who can’t beat Iowa or run any type of competent offense.
Damn, I posted just the other night if PJ went to MSU......then meh

That didn't go over well.

48 hours later, it's all the rage.

Fleck is going to have a losing season in year 7 and this thing is headed off the rails.

I missed most of the game, imagine my shock checking the score at the end of the game after seeing our TD to go up 31-10.

Our best game offensively so far this year (point wise, anyway) and we lose? What is up with our defense this year? How do we suddenly have this big, exploitable weakness in pass defense?

We NEED an OC that can put together a good gameplan and will PUSH BACK on PJ going conservative when we have the lead. Keep your foot on the gas.

Things need to change.

We overworked our single running back, a true freshman, during the game. An injury was predictable. And when you decide to run your offense as a one-legged stool, you are in huge trouble when that leg cracks.

Northwestern ran their offense on a one-legged stool and the Gophers couldn't stop it. It is what it is.

We overworked our single running back, a true freshman, during the game. An injury was predictable. And when you decide to run your offense as a one-legged stool, you are in huge trouble when that leg cracks.

There's a hundred reasons to be irate after that debacle, but this "overworking" our RB theme is not one of them

Damn, I posted just the other night if PJ went to MSU......then meh

That didn't go over well.

48 hours later, it's all the rage.

Fleck is going to have a losing season in year 7 and this thing is headed off the rails.
Yeah let him go. Let MSU pay another coach huge money that they have to buyout in year 3. Good riddance. He’s just not a very good game coach.

Has anyone ever seen another collapse like that with zero turnovers from the collapsed team? That was epic. Epically bad.

Just watched, DVR recorded. Can’t believe what I just watched. Never seen a team play down to inferiority like this.

LOL … Now all the Fleck bashers are coming out of the shadows to do their victory lap.
What exactly should we say about him? It's been 7 years. Any other program in the country Would have dumped him already.

31 carries for a true freshman RB in his third real game. If PJ coached in the NFL then nobody would agree to play for him. Same thing he did to Mo. He's going to run that poor kid into the ground before he has a chance to make a penny. If he was smart he would transfer tomorrow.

For comparison purposes, Bucky is touching the ball 1/3 of the time for Oregon and going to play Sundays.
Very concerning that we are relying a true freshman as our only offense at this level. This is B1G, he's going to always be hurt. Where are the other running backs? Why can't the receivers get separation? And the defense did a David Copperfield..against a rebuilding team. There's has be some serious soul searching, coaching, definitely, they did a disservice to these players, they were ill-prepared. Northwestern made adjustments, we stuck with the same vanilla game plan, run Taylor to death. I'm a PJ fan, but this is year 7, things should be fine tuned and in place to compete at a B1G level.

Top Bottom