***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN BOUNCE BACK IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Ok, ok, ok....no need to panic. We took one on the chin. We didn't play well and we have a bad taste in our mouths. But I sure am glad we have a winnable division conference game the week after. This is better than playing Lafayette or another non-conference game right away. Starting off 2-0 in the division, including a road win is a great spot to be in.

Yes, Northwestern is down, but they are also hungry for a conference win and will see a Minnesota team at home with a lack of identify as their opportunity to get some momentum. We cannot and I mean cannot, afford turnovers or not converting when in the Case IH Red Zone.

I expect we'll start AK8 with some short passes to get his confidence going. A few slant patterns and out balls, 5-7 yard range. Get him feeling good, get him in the groove. Once we do that, we'll pound the rock.

Let's take our frustration out on the Wildcats and make it feel like a home game as we know their fans won't be out in big numbers.

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, ok, ok....no need to panic. We took one on the chin. We didn't play well and we have a bad taste in our mouths. But I sure am glad we have a winnable division conference game the week after. This is better than playing Lafayette or another non-conference game right away. Starting off 2-0 in the division, including a road win is a great spot to be in.

Yes, Northwestern is down, but they are also hungry for a conference win and will see a Minnesota team at home with a lack of identify as their opportunity to get some momentum. We cannot and I mean cannot, afford turnovers or not converting when in the Case IH Red Zone.

I expect we'll start AK8 with some short passes to get his confidence going. A few slant patterns and out balls, 5-7 yard range. Get him feeling good, get him in the groove. Once we do that, we'll pound the rock.

Let's take our frustration out on the Wildcats and make it feel like a home game as we know their fans won't be out in big numbers.

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What does "without an identity" mean?

What's the over/under on our number of plays that go for more than 30 yards?

Ron Johnson on Gopher Pregame Show (Fox9) just saying that he thinks Fleck might run it 50 times this game.

J.F.C.

Last week's chili didn't agree with the Billds at all. Having chicken and rice soup for this game. Hoping to embrace 5-alarm chili again going forward from here.

Obviously, need to win. But, really hope we don’t just pound the ball all game. Think we can probably run it 45 times today and come away with a 21-6 win, but thats not gonna help us later in the year if we still don’t have a passing game. Gotta get some confidence, get athan in a rhythm, find some plays and schemes that work for him to get the playmakers involved. Season is still young, and the big 10 is wide open.

1.5; I’d take the over
1.5 is a good number for plays over 30 yards. I’d probably take the under. 1 would be our first? Or do we have 2 so far on the season…not sure if it was 20 or 30 yards I read about.
Love to see us stack a bunch…get something to build on and worry opponents.

All week long the B1G Network has relegated the Gopher game as an after thought.

Top Bottom