***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN BOUNCE BACK IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I've been lambasted here for my Fleck bashing...and some I deserve. He has raised the floor some but the ceiling is the same. The Gophers are laughable and always will be. There simply is no hope. MN sports are a joke.

Why do teams develop a passing game? Helps you come from behind, among other things. PJ has never at Minnesota come back to win after being down 14 points. Never. And only once has come back from a 10 point deficit. NW just came back from a deficit of 21 points in the 4th Q! All because of well designed and well executed passing game. If NW had to rely on a running game only, it never could have made up the ground. If the Gophers had a competent passing game, NE would never have gotten three possessions in the 4th Q. I love what Darius Taylor brings, but our once again uni-dimensional offense is our Achilles heel. I don’t understand how the NW receivers were so open all the time, so I won’t go there.

Last edited:

If you hear some splashing it might be a few people throwing on their life preservers and jumping out of the boat.

That late game face mask penalty was the turning point, but running such a dull offense much of the game didn't help. When the offense had to keep possession they couldn't and when the defense had to stop the passing game, they couldn't. Reminds me of so many Mason losses. Looks like a long season.

That was awful. PJ played not to lose. Why take Darius out in overtime?!?! Could go on and on with the why's...
There's no logical reason. He had to have hurt himself in regulation.

I predicted 7 win season at the beginning of the year and now a 7 win season in is jeopardy!

My 2 favorite players coming into the season 8 and 45. 8 I don’t know why to think and 45 let’s get on the field for God’s sake. Terrible start for both.

I've heard of currencies becoming worthless... but that's nothing compared to the value of my tickets.

That late game face mask penalty was the turning point, but running such a dull offense much of the game didn't help. When the offense had to keep possession they couldn't and when the defense had to stop the passing game, they couldn't. Reminds me of so many Mason losses. Looks like a long season.
This should be and is the biggest criticism of Fleck.

When you play with such a conservative ideology you allow teams to hang around and end up with this result.

AK's performance and the play calling are horrendous.

AK going to get PJ fired. The guy was supposed to be a stud but is not good. Can't hit a crossing route right in front of him. There's a reason why PJ tried to run out the clock in the second half even though Northwestern was totally over selling against the run.

Can't believe what happened to the defense. Rossi is now no longer a hot commodity after this embarrassing game.

Every coach has a signature game that's the beginning of the end. This could be it.

PJ the blowhard. Talks a good game but 7 years in I’m not impressed.

He grabbed his leg/hamstring after his last run.
31 carries for a true freshman RB in his third real game. If PJ coached in the NFL then nobody would agree to play for him. Same thing he did to Mo. He's going to run that poor kid into the ground before he has a chance to make a penny. If he was smart he would transfer tomorrow.

For comparison purposes, Bucky is touching the ball 1/3 of the time for Oregon and going to play Sundays.

He always plays not to lose. It's time to move on, but he makes too much
Football is such a momentum game, you take that away and anything can happen, when you play not to lose sometimes you do.

TBH, I’d be shocked if Darius Taylor stays in MN after this year.

Too many teams out there with more talent and NIL money than us.

We jus lost to the WORST team in B1G

Congrats, we are now the worst team in B1G
If he were to leave, I am done. College athletics will mean nothing to me anymore.

Top Bottom