***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTH CAROLINA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

How many times do you have to hear pj fleck stand up at the podium and say " this one's on me "

Don't worry daddy fleck We'll stand up and take the blame. And tell everybody it's all on him. And he has to do better for the 400th time. And you'll drop to your knees and suck it all in, just like you always do. Tired of being f****** mediocre. This isn't even mediocre. This is an embarrassment. He should have been fired when he lost to Bowling Green
They need to play better but when you say ridiculous things like "worst coaching staff in the B1G" you sound like an idiot.

I’m shocked. So many gopherhole experts said the offense was going to be so much better this year with Athan and a new OC. They are simply OK at most positions on offense.

Me. Throw myself into the firepit.

If anybody blaming this game on officiating is a fucking idiot We have no quarterback and our coaching staff is the worst coaching staff in the big 10.
At least on the offensive side of the ball, no argument here.

The offense has to get it figured out. The defense didn’t play well but played well enough for the most part.
Defense played pretty well, except for Gousby giving up some big plays and then running out of gas. I have 0 faith in the offense figuring it out though, just wasting another year of good defense

The decision to have Kramer throw that deep ball to the end zone when he hasn't shown the ability to do so at any point during his Gopher career is inexcusable. Taylor had the defense on their heels. Major momentum shift.

BSF has been awful this year. Not sure if he's hurt or read his press clippings, but he seems to have forgotten to block and pass catch.

The offense has to get it figured out. The defense didn’t play well but played well enough for the most part.
The defense gave up 31 points. Over 500 yards. 11/17 3rd downs, and one of those misses converted on 4th down. Big play after big play. Clearly not ready for tempo. Very weak pressure, even when UNC basically said we wont even pretend to run, we're passing it and you cant stop us.

A little better in the 3rd quarter, but right back to crap in the 4th.

The defense got owned

Had every opportunity to tie or take the lead in this game, but costly turnovers, poor defense and inability to keep drives alive lead to it's demise.

The defense gave up 31 points. Over 500 yards. 11/17 3rd downs, and one of those misses converted on 4th down. Big play after big play. Clearly not ready for tempo. Very weak pressure, even when UNC basically said we wont even pretend to run, we're passing it and you cant stop us.

The defense got owned
A big part of that was the offense being so bad. They had some bad defensive possessions for sure. Just think with just an average offense we have a chance there.

The one TD was on the coaches for trying to sub and that put the defense in a really bad situation.

The defense got owned
This

I'm seeing the defense played well or did ok. WTF?

Couple blown coverages really hurt. On offense everyone is blaming the coaches, but the execution isn’t there.

Yeah, these players just aren’t playing well right now down to the basics. Meet the new boss same as the old boss. I’m torn on whether AK is fixable as accuracy seems mostly innate but maybe he’s hurt, or he has some yips issues going on. I’m going to hold out hope it’s the latter. We know he can play well but is wildly inconsistent.

Gopher passing lost the game: 11 of 30. Worst showing in many a day. So they called a long pass for Kramer, very low percentage. Would like to see a a lot more of him next week, but PJ will run all day. Winning 7 is beginning to look daunting, 6 a struggle. You have to be able to pass in the clutch no matter how well you run in the big games.

The real damning issues are playcalling yet again and Athan not having any touch or accuracy
Correct. From the little I saw Athan was really off. At least 3 passes to wide open receivers that were way off. Accurate throws and were leading or tied at half.

A big part of that was the offense being so bad. They had some bad defensive possessions for sure. Just think with just an average offense we have a chance there.

The one TD was on the coaches for trying to sub and that put the defense in a really bad situation.

Agreed.

3 for 12 on third down. A 38% completion percentage. Multiple turnovers deep in the other team's territory. Weird play play calls. Even a halfway decent offense that could have held the ball and kicked some field goals at a minimum would have resulted in a close game.

Ak47 ain’t it. Greg harabaugh ain’t it. I will repeat ak47 ain’t it. He’s really bad. Stats don’t lie

Taking Taylor II out of the game on that 3rd and 2 is beyond dumb. However we are not losing this game because the OC and the play calling. This game is on Athan. He has zero touch and accuracy. He needs to improve in a big way fast and PH needs to start recruiting his replacement tonight.
This seems spot on.

So, it looks as though we have traded offenses with last year’s Iowa team. This was a frustrating game, because with a half decent offense that utilized strengths on short yardage plays (to get first downs), we are in the game. But we coached ourselves out of using our strengths at key juncture … or so it seems. Could be a long season if our offensive play calling remains this mystifying and disconnected from the specific, momentary needs of the game. Sigh …
PJ should swap Simon and Harbaugh by game 6 and see what happens. Simon works, great! If he doesn’t work, you know. Play calling, on both sides of the ball is uber important to high end success.

How many times do you have to hear pj fleck stand up at the podium and say " this one's on me "

Don't worry daddy fleck We'll stand up and take the blame. And tell everybody it's all on him. And he has to do better for the 400th time. And you'll drop to your knees and suck it all in, just like you always do. Tired of being f****** mediocre. This isn't even mediocre. This is an embarrassment. He should have been fired when he lost to Bowling Green
Thanks for crawling from under your rock and posting, Sunshine.

You have zero clue bro, but that’s ok.

Top Bottom