***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Battle is offensively talented but losing him might be a net positive. Good night he takes terrible shots, plays no defense and does not seem to even care. And CBJ just looks at them and says nothing. What a trash product

Battle shoots below team average on 2s and 3s

I bet they were under 50% on successful passes.

How can Hoiberg, in his post-game, honestly say that "I gotta give Ben a lot of credit, his guys competed their butts off, every play..."? OMG, Fred.

Battle and Cooper combine for 12 turnovers. On a positive note the Gophs were 11 for 11 from the free throw line

How can Hoiberg, in his post-game, honestly say that "I gotta give Ben a lot of credit, his guys competed their butts off, every play..."? OMG, Fred.
Every coach says this. It's meaningless. Pat Fitzgerald told us Tim Brewster was a wonderful coach doing a great job about 2 weeks before he was fired.

Stupid take. He plays out of necessity.
Of course he plays out of necessity.

It was more a bash of our perimeter freshman than anything else. I don't notice much difference when he is out there as when he's not.

If I were Hoiberg, I'd want Ben to stick around too.

Johnson will obviously be back next year, they're not going to fire him. Our only hope is somehow he keeps Christie in the fold and he can recruit a few guys out of the portal who can handle the ball and SHOOT! Can't believe we can't find a few guys who would jump at an opportunity to walk in and start at a Big Ten program. And if they watched this team, if they don't think they could start immediately, we don't want them.

Johnson will obviously be back next year, they're not going to fire him. Our only hope is somehow he keeps Christie in the fold and he can recruit a few guys out of the portal who can handle the ball and SHOOT! Can't believe we can't find a few guys who would jump at an opportunity to walk in and start at a Big Ten program. And if they watched this team, if they don't think they could start immediately, we don't want them.
He needed to do that this year and filed. Why do you think he’ll be able to do that next year.

A big difference between what Nebraska was able to do today that MN hasn’t been able to do all year is they always had an answer after MN went on a run. They were able to limit the Gophers runs.

Of course he plays out of necessity.

It was more a bash of our perimeter freshman than anything else.

Think I'm just going to go back to not responding to your scatterbrained posts. Not worth the time to figure out why you quote me with such a tangential thought.

Every coach says this. It's meaningless. Pat Fitzgerald told us Tim Brewster was a wonderful coach doing a great job about 2 weeks before he was fired.
It's a combination of professional courtesy and self-interest. Coaches don't want to be bashing each other, and every coach wants their wins to look better. They would rather the narrative be "we beat a well coached team that competed their butts off" then "we got an easy win against an overmatched team that is at the bottom of the standings."

A big difference between what Nebraska was able to do today that MN hasn’t been able to do all year is they always had an answer after MN went on a run. They were able to limit the Gophers runs.
They always went at Cooper or Battle when they needed a basket. They just don't have the athleticism to play at this level.

Think I'm just going to go back to not responding to your scatterbrained posts. Not worth the time to figure out why you quote me with such a tangential thought.
I responded to this scatter brained post.

Stupid take. He plays out of necessity.

Well, no shit, Einstein!

They always went at Cooper or Battle when they needed a basket. They just don't have the athleticism to play at this level.
they go at Garcia and can get past him easily. You need Garcia's scoring because we don't have any, but you have to live with the defense.

We don't have anyone who plays both ends well.

With battle and Cooper, the turnovers supplied a lot of answers. How cbj ever thought Cooper was big 10 caliber is beyond me.

I responded to this scatter brained post.

Stupid take. He plays out of necessity. Well, no shit, Einstein!

You quoted this post (below) first with a dopey tangent comparing Ramberg to the freshman.

When Ramberg is playing minutes....yes....it matters that we have multiple guys out.

No point in wasting time responding to you when you have no interest in posting an intelligent thought.

Top Bottom