***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It certainly did. We shot 3-20 from three, 15%. If we shoot a modest 35% that would be 7-20, an additional 12 points.

Why is 35% modest? They were averaging 32% from 3 against teams with somewhat of a pulse (B1G + SF + Mizz) coming into that game, now they are averaging under 30% after the Indiana game.

They only take smart kids while we take the ones who are well spoken.
Or they developed a system and look for specific players that will fit that system and the players coming into the program know that they have an opportunity to develop and play whereas at MN they don't.

Or they developed a system and look for specific players that will fit that system and the players coming into the program know that they have an opportunity to develop and play whereas at MN they don't.
CBJ isn't developing a system? Or just isn't doing it as fast as you'd like?

Try watching the games without being a cynical asshat and you'll see what he's trying to do. Or you could watch the multiple interviews where he gives his vision of what he wants to instill. It's not perfect, therefore in your mind does not exist.

I watch every game, you're the one who posts like an asshat. I just post what I see.

So it should be easy for you to explain what his system is, yet you haven't. So what is it?

I watch every game, you're the one who posts like an asshat. I just post what I see.

So it should be easy for you to explain what his system is, yet you haven't. So what is it?
Let's discuss during the Iowa game so you can see it play out. Pictures will probably help you understand. I know you don't like coming around when the Gophers are winning, but you should give it a try.

Let's discuss during the Iowa game so you can see it play out. Pictures will probably help you understand. I know you don't like coming around when the Gophers are winning, but you should give it a try.

I'm always around, good or bad, and have been for over a decade. But since you can't explain or answer a fairly simple question, that tells me you don't actually have one. Or that you don't know what Ben is actually trying to run. Which is no surprise.

You think winning the auto bid is the same as being an at large quality team? As as example, Texas Southern won't sniff the tournament, but yeah they might win the auto bid. If SF doesn't win the auto bid, they won't sniff the tournament IMO. My whole argument is that they won't be good enough to get an at large bid. I never pivoted off my original stance.

Even with Gonzaga getting the auto bid nearly every year.....the WCC has had at least two teams make the NCAA Tournament in each year for at least the past five.

So yeah....to say that they won't sniff the tournament despite looking like a top three team in the WCC is ridiculous. The WCC isn't the SWAC.....but good try attempting to equate the two.

Even with Gonzaga getting the auto bid nearly every year.....the WCC has had at least two teams make the NCAA Tournament in each year for at least the past five.

So yeah....to say that they won't sniff the tournament despite looking like a top three team in the WCC is ridiculous. The WCC isn't the SWAC.....but good try attempting to equate the two.

That's a great stat, but doesn't really mean anything in the context of this year. The league didn't perform well OOC this season. The league has one Q1 win OOC. Last year it had 7.

That's a great stat, but doesn't really mean anything in the context of this year. The league didn't perform well OOC this season. The league has one Q1 win OOC. Last year it had 7.

How many of those wins were Gonzaga's? I bet most years.....the wide majority of the Q1 OOC wins are Gonzaga.....and yet the conference still manages multiple bids every year.

You brought up NET to bash Indiana as a bad team. Newsflash! SF was 37 prior to last night's win. I guess that's bad too? Wouldn't sniff the NCAA with that, huh?

I'm always around, good or bad, and have been for over a decade. But since you can't explain or answer a fairly simple question, that tells me you don't actually have one. Or that you don't know what Ben is actually trying to run. Which is no surprise.
I'm no expert, but I see up tempo offense. Drive and dish with Hawkins. Pick and roll. High-low with the posts. Seems to ultimately want players who are long and can play/defend multiple positions. I think he's establishing a toughness and this team fights. He's talked about dominating the paint.
I'll admit roster dictates a lot and I don't think he has the type of player he wants at every position yet. I think he's still learning how to take a bit of what he's learned everywhere he's been and make it his own. Far from a finished product, but I'm starting to see the vision. I know it sucks because we'd prefer not to go through the growing pains again, but it's reality.

How many of those wins were Gonzaga's? I bet most years.....the wide majority of the Q1 OOC wins are Gonzaga.....and yet the conference still manages multiple bids every year.

You brought up NET to bash Indiana as a bad team. Newsflash! SF was 37 prior to last night's win. I guess that's bad too? Wouldn't sniff the NCAA with that, huh?

Gonzaga had 4 of the 7. But beating Gonzaga won't mean as much b/c they are down this year, like it would have in past years. They also don't have BYU who's been a quality team.

Yeah, SF has a good NET(sits at 41). And yeah, I don't think they'll sniff the tournament. Their best win is us, as of now. 12 of their 13 wins are Q3/Q4. If they make it as an at large team, I'll say I was wrong. I hope they do b/c I'd prefer them over a middling team in a P6 league.

Gonzaga had 4 of the 7. But beating Gonzaga won't mean as much b/c they are down this year, like it would have in past years. They also don't have BYU who's been a quality team.

Yeah, SF has a good NET(sits at 41). And yeah, I don't think they'll sniff the tournament. Their best win is us, as of now. 12 of their 13 wins are Q3/Q4. If they make it as an at large team, I'll say I was wrong. I hope they do b/c I'd prefer them over a middling team in a P6 league.

Many years Gonzaga ran the table. You keep acting like the WCC is some kicking can conference, which is not the case. They tend to field multiple competitive teams each year.....and whether Gonzaga is a top five team or not is beyond the point.

Face it. During our game against SF.....you diminshed them as having no shot to make the tournament......and went as far as to point to their previous year record as proof that they weren't any good. Now you're pivoting off that because you can't admit that you have some weird obsession with diminishing every team the Gophers play. I just don't understand you odd Johnson haters that want so badly to knock this team. It's bizarre.

Many years Gonzaga ran the table. You keep acting like the WCC is some kicking can conference, which is not the case. They tend to field multiple competitive teams each year.....and whether Gonzaga is a top five team or not is beyond the point.

Face it. During our game against SF.....you diminshed them as having no shot to make the tournament......and went as far as to point to their previous year record as proof that they weren't any good. Now you're pivoting off that because you can't admit that you have some weird obsession with diminishing every team the Gophers play. I just don't understand you odd Johnson haters that want so badly to knock this team. It's bizarre.

Again, this year is not indicative of what they have been as a league. This year they are the 11th rated conference. This is the first year they've been outside the top 10 since the NET was formed. I don't think it'll be a multi bid league, if it is I'll say I was wrong.

I don't think SF has a chance to make it, unless they get the auto bid. Getting the auto and making it as an at large are two different things.

I don't have a weird obsession with the Gophers opponents. Me thinking IU and Missouri are bad is hardly some wild take at this point in the season.

BYU is no longer in the WCC, and that hurts the depth of good teams a lot. The bottom 2/3 of that conference is more woeful than they have been in a while. SF won't lose many games because they're 200 spots better than most of the teams.

I'm no expert, but I see up tempo offense. Drive and dish with Hawkins. Pick and roll. High-low with the posts. Seems to ultimately want players who are long and can play/defend multiple positions. I think he's establishing a toughness and this team fights. He's talked about dominating the paint.
I'll admit roster dictates a lot and I don't think he has the type of player he wants at every position yet. I think he's still learning how to take a bit of what he's learned everywhere he's been and make it his own. Far from a finished product, but I'm starting to see the vision. I know it sucks because we'd prefer not to go through the growing pains again, but it's reality.

Good response

Why is 35% modest? They were averaging 32% from 3 against teams with somewhat of a pulse (B1G + SF + Mizz) coming into that game, now they are averaging under 30% after the Indiana game.
If you want to pick and choose games you should just stick with Indiana. We shot 15%.

You don't see any of that? Or you don't think he'll be able to figure it out and sustain it?

I agree with some of it, length and defending multiple positions, strong in the paint, etc but I don't really agree with being up tempo. They are more up tempo this year, but I think that's just more to do with the type of player Hawkins is.

I don't think that he will be able to recruit enough B1G talent, or keep that talent together long enough to compete at a high enough level.

Well, lesson learned.
Absolutely no reason to visit an in-game thread days after the game just because new posts keep pushing it to the top of the feed.
3-page pissing matches aren’t good reading for anyone.

Well, lesson learned.
Absolutely no reason to visit an in-game thread days after the game just because new posts keep pushing it to the top of the feed.
3-page pissing matches aren’t good reading for anyone.
Good times. It is easy to acknowledge this team has more talent.

Again, this year is not indicative of what they have been as a league. This year they are the 11th rated conference. This is the first year they've been outside the top 10 since the NET was formed. I don't think it'll be a multi bid league, if it is I'll say I was wrong.

I don't think SF has a chance to make it, unless they get the auto bid. Getting the auto and making it as an at large are two different things.

I don't have a weird obsession with the Gophers opponents. Me thinking IU and Missouri are bad is hardly some wild take at this point in the season.

You are well documented as being a Johnson is a disaster guy. A weird obsession with marginalizing wins and Gophers opponents because you so desperately want to be right about Johnson. You could make the case that Missouri is bad. San Francisco @ 41 in the NET isn't bad. Indiana's worst loss is @ Rutgers. Hard to say they are bad with the inconclusive evidence we have right now.

Much like the other Johnson haters.....you have an agenda. It's weird to put so much effort into hating on a team that you claim to be a fan of. But I get that some people's ego (and disaster prediction) is more important.

Top Bottom