***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Fact? If you're saying that one particular future game will be the hardest or easiest based on a ranking metric, that certainly is not a fact. I didn't believe you were dumb enough not to know the definition of a "fact" but I guess I could have been wrong. What you are describing is a probabilistic prediction.

Lol. You're calling me dumb and you don't know if playing at Purdue or PSU is harder?

Lol. You're calling me dumb and you don't know if playing at Purdue or PSU is harder?

Yes, and I'm calling you dumb again because your reading comprehension is horrible. I was criticizing your use of the word "fact." I didn't say anything about what I believe.

Stop wasting my time. I'm a senior citizen and my remaining time likely is more limited than yours.

By the way, I notice you type "lol" or "lmao" in many of your posts. I have never used those in my life. Those are tell-tale signs of the inarticulate.

Yes, and I'm calling you dumb again because your reading comprehension is horrible. I was criticizing your use of the word "fact." I didn't say anything about what I believe.

Stop wasting my time. I'm a senior citizen and my remaining time likely is more limited than yours.

By the way, I notice you type "lol" or "lmao" in many of your posts. I have never used those in my life. Those are tell-tale signs of the inarticulate.

Lol. Got it old guy.

Btw, it is a fact, that this was the 2nd easiest road game we have left, according to the metrics. I get you don't like metrics, but it was indeed a fact.

Now I'll just go back to being dumb.

Dude, many of your posts are just condescending insults because you disagree with someone about a basketball team. It'll be okay, we play Iowa Monday. I'm feeling really good about that one. You make great posts when sticking to basketball.

Dude, many of your posts are just condescending insults because you disagree with someone about a basketball team. It'll be okay, we play Iowa Monday. I'm feeling really good about that one. You make great posts when sticking to basketball.

I'd say this is a fact, but I'm not sure what that is now.

Lol. Got it old guy.

Btw, it is a fact, that this was the 2nd easiest road game we have left, according to the metrics. I get you don't like metrics, but it was indeed a fact.

Now I'll just go back to being dumb.
The old guy is REALLY bent out of shape by that fact wow! I don't think anyone said we weren't winning any more road games, simply pointing out the schedule.

Guess that's what happens after a loss and he and a few others can't tell the board about how amazing their opinions are of this team 🤣

Because I asked a question? I'm open to your opinion on why it's best he doesn't start. We are here to talk basketball right, but only on terms satisfactory to you? Noted.
I read in an interview Last season that Payne’s goal was to work on his mindset while coming off the bench. He stated he had never done it, as such he needed to learn how.

Obviously one can’t work on it unless they do not start. So I think that’s why we often see him functionally starting (i.e. coming in almost right away, playing starter minutes) while still not being on the court to begin the game.

The old guy is REALLY bent out of shape by that fact wow! I don't think anyone said we weren't winning any more road games, simply pointing out the schedule.

Guess that's what happens after a loss and he and a few others can't tell the board about how amazing their opinions are of this team 🤣

Yeah, I was just pointing out something that was pretty harmless. It doesn't mean we will only beat PSU and lose the rest. I didn't even imply that, but we do need to play better than we did tonight.

They shot better from 3, but worse from the FT line and the field overall. I agree we played bad. Even worse is this was one of the easier games left on the schedule.

Nonsense. We have eight home games left on the schedule.

Nonsense. We have eight home games left on the schedule.

Sure, but in terms of quality of opponent, IU is near the bottom of the league. If the Nebraska 2nd half Gopher team shows up, I like our chances at home against anyone. If the MD 1st half Gophers show up it could get dicey.

Sure, but in terms of quality of opponent, IU is near the bottom of the league. If the Nebraska 2nd half Gopher team shows up, I like our chances at home against anyone. If the MD 1st half Gophers show up it could get dicey.

Indiana is 4-2 in the Big Ten so far. We have a bunch of games against teams below them in the standings along with eight home games.

Give up on this "Indiana is a bad team" schtick. The Big Ten has been a grind early on in the season and teams are crushing at home for the most part.

Indiana is 4-2 in the Big Ten so far. We have a bunch of games against teams below them in the standings along with eight home games.

Give up on this "Indiana is a bad team" schtick. The Big Ten has been a grind early on in the season and teams are crushing at home for the most part.

IU's B1G rankings:
13th in KenPom
11 in the NET
12th in BPI
10th in T-Rank

In terms of actual quality, they are a bottom tier B1G team.There are 64 P6 schools rated ahead of them in KenPom. There are 80 P6 schools. When I say they are bad, that is my level of comparison. They are a bad P6 team, at this point. And I'm not saying that solely on numbers. I've watched them a bunch, and they struggled against some of the worst teams on their schedule.

They've had a pretty easy start to their B1G schedule. Overall they are 2-5 against Q1/Q2. If they beat Purdue that will change my outlook on them.

I think people are reading too much into me saying IU is bad, and in a roundabout way slighting this team because of it. I'm not, they've just performed like a bad P6 team this year. They are no different than a team like Boston College.

IU's B1G rankings:
13th in KenPom
11 in the NET
12th in BPI
10th in T-Rank

In terms of actual quality, they are a bottom tier B1G team.There are 64 P6 schools rated ahead of them in KenPom. There are 80 P6 schools. When I say they are bad, that is my level of comparison. They are a bad P6 team, at this point. And I'm not saying that solely on numbers. I've watched them a bunch, and they struggled against some of the worst teams on their schedule.

They've had a pretty easy start to their B1G schedule. Overall they are 2-5 against Q1/Q2. If they beat Purdue that will change my outlook on them.

I think people are reading too much into me saying IU is bad, and in a roundabout way slighting this team because of it. I'm not, they've just performed like a bad P6 team this year. They are no different than a team like Boston College.
Does Boston College have multiple NBA prospects on their team?

Does Boston College have multiple NBA prospects on their team?

No BC doesn't. And I agree IU has NBA talent. But that NBA talent also beat Morehead St by 1, Wright St by 9, Army by 8, Louisville by 8 and FGCU by 6.

It's okay to admit they are a bad P6 team, at this point. There's a ton of evidence to suggest it. They've looked like shit in about 10 of their games this year.

No BC doesn't. And I agree IU has NBA talent. But that NBA talent also beat Morehead St by 1, Wright St by 9, Army by 8, Louisville by 8 and FGCU by 6.

It's okay to admit they are a bad P6 team, at this point. There's a ton of evidence to suggest it. They've looked like shit in about 10 of their games this year.
I think you're trying too hard to put labels on things and I highly doubt you have watched 10 Indiana basketball games this year.

Two things evident on this thread:

1. Gophers played very poorly last night.

2. The gopher hole moderators need to be more active to prevent all the posters who want to hijack threads with stupid pissing matches over nonsense.
This^^^^^^^

IU's B1G rankings:
13th in KenPom
11 in the NET
12th in BPI
10th in T-Rank

Boston College is 10-5 (1-3) in conference and has nowhere near the talent level that Indiana has. Not to mention that two of Indiana's losses are to top five teams in UConn and Kansas....with another against a top 20 Auburn team. The other two losses? Big Ten road games. Indiana is nowhere near bad. That's a stupid thing to say.

Also....Indiana is ranked 35th in RPI. So what qualifies as a good team? Got to be top 25?

Last edited:

I think you're trying too hard to put labels on things and I highly doubt you have watched 10 Indiana basketball games this year.

This.

Fans are angry about a road loss at Indiana? The program isn't dead anymore!

Also this. Clearly the program has made big strides between last year and this year if this was a game that people were expecting us to win.

This.

Also this. Clearly the program has made big strides between last year and this year if this was a game that people were expecting us to win.

Who was expecting us to win last night? Most were expecting an 'improved' Gopher team to be competitive on the road with a chance to win against an Indiana team who's not as good as the last two seasons, yet they were blown out.

Outside of Michigan, who is the worst team in the B1G right now, the Gophers haven't been competitive on the road this season.

Granted, every team is inconsistent, but man, it's been frustrating watching this team. If this were a product I ordered on Amazon, I'd return it, because there's obviously a short circuit somewhere. The second-half team in the Nebraska game was unstoppable. The team I saw last night played worse than last year's abomination. That thread asking what this team is: good goddamn question.

One way or another, the premise of this team being talented balances on Garcia being a star and a future pro. He's not that right now.

Boston College is 10-5 (1-3) in conference and has nowhere near the talent level that Indiana has. Not to mention that two of Indiana's losses are to top five teams in UConn and Kansas....with another against a top 20 Auburn team. The other two losses? Big Ten road games. Indiana is nowhere near bad. That's a stupid thing to say.

Also....Indiana is ranked 35th in RPI. So what qualifies as a good team? Got to be top 25?

Amongst their contemporaries, they are bad. I brought up BC, because they are similarly rated. They are also bad. If you want rank them among all of CBB, they are average. They aren't close to an ncaa tournament level team at this point. I'm well aware of their losses.

RPI doesn't rank the quality of the team. It's an obsolete ranking at this point too. It's not even included on the ncaa team sheets.

Top Bottom