***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

We played soft against a team that struggles from outside and we let them get going making a number of 3s early.
I knew we were in massive trouble when their first two trips down the floor, they shot a 3, and we didn't have a guy within 8 feet of the shooter. That was so weird.

Obviously, but IU isn't a good team(even though they do have a lot of talent). Missed opportunity. We need to be a lot better to beat anyone remaining on the road.

IU also isn't a bad team. They shot over their average tonight on their home court and the Gophers shot well below their average. Played a really bad game on the road. It was bound to happen at some point.

Unfortunately, this is what I expected in this game. Assembly Hall is a different beast and we have guys who had never experienced it before. They looked intimidated and like deer in the headlights.
This is another teachable game for Coach Johnson to have his guys learn. I think these kids will learn and I am hoping everyone returns next year because these guys are going to be good and will be better for having lost these games this year.

I knew we were in massive trouble when their first two trips down the floor, they shot a 3, and we didn't have a guy within 8 feet of the shooter. That was so weird.
If we had survived the first 10 minute surge we'd been fine. Their uncanny three point shooting did us in. When Galloway hit that first 3, I said damn, this may not be good.

If we had survived the first 10 minute surge we'd been fine. Their uncanny three point shooting did us in. When Galloway hit that first 3, I said damn, this may not be good.
Their 3 point shooting wasn't uncanny. We let them have multiple wide open looks.

Well, a chance to show what they're made of Monday--show us they can rebound from this sad performance and not let this turn into a slump.

Garcia and Mitchell need to pull their head out of their ass and fast.

You know, Garcia overall didn't have such a bad game. Unfortunately, his best moments all came after the game was out of reach. Mitchell, on the other hand............

Their 3 point shooting wasn't uncanny. We let them have multiple wide open looks.
They've had problems hitting those, wide open, against Rutgers and Nebby, they couldn't hit the side of a barn. That's been an ongoing theme with them. Trust me, I hear about it all the time. Biggest complaint, a state full of shooters and they never get recruited.

Well, Chad Hartmann, Stinkskyn and Barreiro are free to gloat. Kinda glad we won’t hear Danny go on about a poster.

You know, Garcia overall didn't have such a bad game. Unfortunately, his best moments all came after the game was out of reach. Mitchell, on the other hand............
Cut the gas, Steve. He's been a shadow of his star power offensively since his injury. Tonight he was poor on defense, too.

IU also isn't a bad team. They shot over their average tonight on their home court and the Gophers shot well below their average. Played a really bad game on the road. It was bound to happen at some point.

They shot better from 3, but worse from the FT line and the field overall. I agree we played bad. Even worse is this was one of the easier games left on the schedule.

Lol. I'll take that as a yes then. Imagine getting upset because I stated something that, at this point, is a fact.

Fact? If you're saying that one particular future game will be the hardest or easiest based on a ranking metric, that certainly is not a fact. I didn't believe you were dumb enough not to know the definition of a "fact" but I guess I could have been wrong. What you are describing is a probabilistic prediction.

Top Bottom