***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD***

If Pitino is back next year I may need a season off from watching Gopher hoops. It will be Monson's last year all over again.

IU shot 58%. Pathetic defensive effort. This team has no identity.
Nice offensive games by Tre and Mash, but this team is going nowhere.
The number of too-easy baskets was staggering. You can't do that and expect to win; it's too much to overcome.

82 points is too many to give up and win. I was curious to see what they’d do on defense because IU is not a very dynamic offensive team. Didn’t do enough.

Tale of the tape. They made the threes and we did not.

Exactly. Three point shooting has been a HUGE problem for this team. Hit a league average and this team has a few more wins.

Pitino will be back only because of budget cuts for other sports. Indiana ran a real nice curl play multiple times that shows great coaching by Archie Miller. I didn’t see a set play like that for the Gophers that can stop a huge run.

A team with the ability to beat almost any team in the country at home and so mentally weak they cannot beat anybody on the road is unbelievable. Bye bye Richard!

IU shot 58%. Pathetic defensive effort. This team has no identity.
Nice offensive games by Tre and Mash, but this team is going nowhere.
The crazy thing is...we were playing excellent D with Ihnen and Freeman in there and then he goes back to Robbins and Johnson and Freeman never saw the floor again. If Robbins doesn't block the shot, his man scores nearly every time. Slow feet. They are never going to win a game against 58% shooting...not when we struggle to shoot 40% and 20% from 3 point range. What a group of brick layers we have.

Pitino will be back only because of budget cuts for other sports. Indiana ran a real nice curl play multiple times that shows great coaching by Archie Miller. I didn’t see a set play like that for the Gophers that can stop a huge run.
Plenty of coaches have been fired and hired during covid....The financial cost of not firing him is much higher for the future of gopher basketball.....A big part of Coyle's legacy is tied to it and he knows it.

The one play to Robbins when it was a six point game and they called an offensive foul.

The crazy thing is...we were playing excellent D with Ihnen and Freeman in there and then he goes back to Robbins and Johnson and Freeman never saw the floor again. If Robbins doesn't block the shot, his man scores nearly every time. Slow feet. They are never going to win a game against 58% shooting...not when we struggle to shoot 40% and 20% from 3 point range. What a group of brick layers we have.

100%

Bring him back will cost them 4000 season tickets lost. That's in the 3 million range. This group should be better than .500 in the BT with better use of the full roster and better shot selection. It's time...and I have been behind him in the past.

I really don't think Pitino is back next year. The defining moments of his tenure will be interesting to look back on.
NIT Champs!

His tenure can be described in two words depending on your outlook on the program. Mediocre or pathetic. I'll take the latter.

I really don't think Pitino is back next year. The defining moments of his tenure will be interesting to look back on.
NIT champs with Tubby's players, a win against Louisville in the tourney and the worst B10 record in the modern era.

We gave up 82 ... who cares about how many 3s you hit ... when you give up over 80 you’re likely to loose.

And it’s not just on the Bigs ... in the 2nd half, far too many times the guards had little trouble making entry passes and got good looks from three. None of this shows up in the box score, but it shows up big in the final score.

That will just lead to deeper budget cuts when they average 5K attendance next year.

Bring him back will cost them 4000 season tickets lost. That's in the 3 million range. This group should be better than .500 in the BT with better use of the full roster and better shot selection. It's time...and I have been behind him in the past.

I highly doubt over 50% of the season ticket base bails if Pitino comes back.

I highly doubt over 50% of the season ticket base bails if Pitino comes back.
They will likely lose some regardless. A lot of pre-Covid habits are broken. Bring back a dead coach walking and it will be very ugly.

The long term habit of buying Gopher tickets ended with Covid. Now you have to give the fans a reason to return. I will. But many will not.

So its hard to quantify how many are due to Pitino. Very few coaches will move the season ticket holder needle. May take years of winning which I don’t believe the next coach will achieve

FWIW I doubt I renew my tickets again, but wife will make that decision. She likes going to games more than I do

Top Bottom