***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Really? You don't know? It's have your non lethal shooters shoot 3s at will while not actually running a play.

This is an embarrassing coaching game

Our "non lethal" shooters are the ones making their shots.

Gach is having a bad game on both ends.

Man I wanted to give Pitino as much of a leash as possible but im losing faith. Just awful offense and questionable coaching game after game.

Illinois is more talented, but you should never have a 2-21 stretch, no matter how bad your shooting ability. That's just a bad offense getting bad shots. And why the hell are we not doubling Cockburn every time he gets the ball? Make them beat us from 3. If they do congrats to them. Better than Cockburn dominating our bigs for fouls and easy layups.

Here is the thing...

We all know this isnt a great overall shooting team. That can be surviveable if you.......can rebound.

But we don't rebound. We don't even try to rebound.

Just when i thought gach couldnt play any worse.

We should shoot more rushed threes. That’s our game.

Here is the thing...

We all know this isnt a great overall shooting team. That can be surviveable if you.......can rebound.

But we don't rebound. We don't even try to rebound.
It's also survivable if you run an offense that gets open shots, not jack contested threes and fade away midranges

Man I wanted to give Pitino as much of a leash as possible but im losing faith. Just awful offense and questionable coaching game after game.

Illinois is more talented, but you should never have a 2-21 stretch, no matter how bad your shooting ability. That's just a bad offense getting bad shots. And why the hell are we not doubling Cockburn every time he gets the ball? Make them beat us from 3. If they do congrats to them. Better than Cockburn dominating our bigs for fouls and easy layups.

Tonight (so far) has mirrored the extent of Richard's tenure here. Been saying the last couple years he's a nice guy we all want to root for, but he's just not good. His teams always look like minor league vs pros, regardless of talent level. We can't even get the ball into the lane uncontested but maybe 2-3 times a game, and other teams will do it multiple times in a row and for most of the game. The difference seems glaring at times.

Top Bottom