***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The song at the beginning of that, “At Last” - Etta James, was the first song I danced to with my wife. Second date. And first song we danced to at the reception.
So funny story. We have a treadmill in the basement that has bluetooth. Whenever it is turned on, my phone automatically connects to it. It has speakers on it so I can play music or do other things from my phone when I'm using it.

Last night I watched that video on my phone at nearly the exact time my wife turned on the treadmill for her to use it. So she turned it on and almost immediately hears "At last....". She thinks I did it on purpose. Damn you Etta James, you put me in the dog house!

MSU was brutal from the free throw line last night. Can’t blame that on the refs :)

Yeah, and we've certainly been there so it's nice that we've had a couple of games this season where that situation was reversed.

They do a fantastic job with these.
Very cool! I keep hearing about how Ben has no fire or intensity, yet at the :45 second mark in the huddle, I saw plenty of both when talking to his players.

I guess for some, unless I can see him screaming, yelling, jumping up and down and waving his arms at officials, looking like a 10-year old having a temper tantrum, on the TV cameras from 100 feet away, he doesn't care.

Is that a thinly veiled attack on Charlie Daniels, Treyton Thompson, and Taurus Samuels?! :)
It really wasn't. I actually didn't have a massive issue with Daniels or Thompson (or if Samuels was used as a PG3).

By do "sh!t", I meant they are stat stuffers on the things outside of of points. It was more of a shot at JOJ and Ihnen. Those are two guys with quite a bit of talent who have lost their minutes to Parker Fox.

If you look at per 40 stats on the things other than points:
Fox: 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 1.5 steals, 2.6 blocks.
Ihnen: 7 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.3 steals, 1.2 blocks
JOJ: 5.4 rebounds, 1.2 asists, .5 steals, .5 blocks

When you come in as that bench player, you're not going to be the focal point of the offense. You need to be able to help the team. If JOJ/Ihnen aren't scoring, and they're not doing that very well, they just aren't doing much else.

When you come in as that bench player, you're not going to be the focal point of the offense. You need to be able to help the team. If JOJ/Ihnen aren't scoring, and they're not doing that very well, they just aren't doing much else.

Mostly agree but the per 40 minutes defensive stats you gave for Ihnen really aren't bad for a bench player. He isn't too bad at stopping drives or shots in limited minutes either although some players manage to get around him.

Very cool! I keep hearing about how Ben has no fire or intensity, yet at the :45 second mark in the huddle, I saw plenty of both when talking to his players.

I guess for some, unless I can see him screaming, yelling, jumping up and down and waving his arms at officials, looking like a 10-year old having a temper tantrum, on the TV cameras from 100 feet away, he doesn't care.
Bud Grant seemed to do okay without jumping up and down like crazy…..

A coach needs to show he is in control, and only complains to the officials when necessary. Johnson does that. on the other hand the Arizona State Coach Bobby Hurley is the example of what not to do as a coach. He complains about every call against his team, then wonders why his players get T’d for complaining too. Complete Lack of demonstrated leadership from him.

Top Bottom