***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
This season is fun. I look forward to every game so much more than last few years. I’m FIRED UP(!!!!!) for this one. This may not be the best Spartan team these parts have seen, but as usual, they are playing better as March approaches.

It’s still Izzo. It’s still traitor Tre and it’s still revenge game for Cam who heard chants of “Max is Better” in East Lansing.

Goal #1, get the crowd ROCKING!! Goal #2, don’t let up on Goal #1.

Let’s pack The Barn, let’s get rowdy, let’s beat Izzo.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This season is fun. I look forward to every game so much more than last few years. I’m FIRED UP(!!!!!) for this one. This may not be the best Spartan team these parts have seen, but as usual, they are playing better as March approaches.

It’s still Izzo. It’s still traitor Tre and it’s still revenge game for Cam who heard chants of “Max is Better” in East Lansing.

Goal #1, get the crowd ROCKING!! Goal #2, don’t let up on Goal #1.

Let’s pack The Barn, let’s get rowdy, let’s beat Izzo.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing Post🥳 and My chili is nuclear ☢️

I’m worried you might not make it till 8!

Love the energy and tonight is the night for a signature W and 4th place in the B10.

Oh and this jam -

I want to see an Izzo meltdown! 😭
That happens whether they win or lose. And he will STILL get calls tonight my guess.

I don't think this Mich St. team is all that great. If ours boys can not turn the ball over and get back on defense, they will be OK. Also fine if there are more dribble drives, inside plays, etc. We shoot MUCH better in there, shoot your threes when they are in the flow of the offense.

Last edited:

Would love if the boys could deal a big blow to Sparty's postseason chances tonight. Their metrics are great, but their resume looks pretty shoddy. Tough schedule, but are just 2-7 in Q1 games and have played just three Quad 2 games. Hopefully a loss in the barn will kick-off a bit of losing streak for them.

I gotta ask. When I watch Gophers play the O plan seems to be, jack, or wait and jack. No usefull movement. What is the plan?
I don't disagree. However, I will say that the Northwestern game looked like a nice improvement in that category as they were more purposeful about moving the ball and feeding the post. Payne and Garcia got a lot of touches. The most frightening thing to me remains to be how we play with a slight lead at the end of a ballgame. It still looks too cautious to me with a lot of dribbling going on.

Question for the Peacock folks... I'm not gonna be able to watch the game until halfway through. Does Peacock give an option to watch from the start when I click on it or will it take me directly live?

I hope our starters are conditioned to play lots of minutes and limit the ticky tack fouls tonight as I like the shortened bench approached used in the NW Game. Fox has proven he can give us some valuables minutes off the bench giving Payne and/or Garcia a rest and then use Carrington for defenses purposes. Ola- Joseph is legit just hoping the NW game was an off game as we need his toughness inside. Play 8 vs Michigan State!

Lots of tickets available, but the prices are crazy on the Gopher website. $38 minimum including fees. Better to buy a Cub 4 pack or multiple games. $100 to sit center court about 25 rows up. It will be interesting to see what the actual attendance is tonight.

Lots of tickets available, but the prices are crazy on the Gopher website. $38 minimum including fees. Better to buy a Cub 4 pack or multiple games. $100 to sit center court about 25 rows up. It will be interesting to see what the actual attendance is tonight.
This is what drives me crazy about the current administration. Throw out a promotion, FFS! Build some excitement! Get the barn packed.

This is a massive game. A "W" creates a viable pathway to the postseason. Let's get some reinforcements in those seats! The boys deserve it.

Question for the Peacock folks... I'm not gonna be able to watch the game until halfway through. Does Peacock give an option to watch from the start when I click on it or will it take me directly live?
Not an expert, but I could not watch the last peacock game live, and I could not start at the beginning. It was live only until the completion of the game, and then available to rewatch, but not immediate, it was something like the top of the hour after the game.

Looking to see improvement closing out the first half. For whatever reason our guys love to stand and watch the ball for long periods of the game.

They need to have better turnover differential this time around. 19-5 @mich state (without Hawkins). It's kind of surprising looking back they only lost by 10 with a -14 turnover margin. The game will look very different with Cam (hopefully) not in immediate foul trouble and Hawk playing.

I hope our starters are conditioned to play lots of minutes and limit the ticky tack fouls tonight as I like the shortened bench approached used in the NW Game. Fox has proven he can give us some valuables minutes off the bench giving Payne and/or Garcia a rest and then use Carrington for defenses purposes. Ola- Joseph is legit just hoping the NW game was an off game as we need his toughness inside. Play 8 vs Michigan State!
Agree with you 100% on the shortened bench. To me tonight feels like a "play 8, trust 7" (circa Jim Molinari quote) kind of game:

Trust
Hawkins
Mitchell
Payne
Christie
Garcia
Ola-Joseph
Fox. ...

with a dash of Carrington for defensive minutes on Hoggard/Walker/Akins/Holloman.

I don't need to see anyone else get minutes in this big of a game.

Not an expert, but I could not watch the last peacock game live, and I could not start at the beginning. It was live only until the completion of the game, and then available to rewatch, but not immediate, it was something like the top of the hour after the game.

Sounds about right. I missed a nonconference game (Maine I think) that was on Peacock. I was able to watch the replay later that night after returning home. I'd say that I started the replay about an hour and a half after the live game ended.

They need to have better turnover differential this time around. 19-5 @mich state (without Hawkins). It's kind of surprising looking back they only lost by 10 with a -14 turnover margin. The game will look very different with Cam (hopefully) not in immediate foul trouble and Hawk playing.

They lost by 10 but Michigan State led by only two (66-64) with 2:54 left. The final score obscures the fact that the game was very close (with multiple ties) throughout most of the second half.

*Michigan State's last 8 games-- 5 wins, they have turned over their opponents 22.7% of possessions. In their 3 losses, they have turned over opponents 9.7%. Take care of the ball and MN will win.

MSU made 3's at 38% (only 77 attempts) their last 5 games, while MN is 11th best in D1 limiting 3PT attempts (only 28.8% of possessions).

MN makes 2's at a 55.4% rate and holds teams to only 46% made 2's.

Unlike previous years, Izzo's team is a average to below average rebounding team on both ends.

They give up a ton of free throw attempts (14th highest % in D1), and defend opponents free throw % badly (haha), 13th worst in D1 with opponents making 77% FT's. Should be another good FT shooting day for Gophers!

Last edited:

Sounds about right. I missed a nonconference game (Maine I think) that was on Peacock. I was able to watch the replay later that night after returning home. I'd say that I started the replay about an hour and a half after the live game ended.
You can rewind all the way to the beginning if you start during the middle of the game. I usually mute, avoid looking at the score, and rewind all the way to the start. It’s definitely a pain in the as that you can’t start from the beginning during the broadcast.

Shouldn’t this be at the top?

I mean there is a game tonight!

Top Bottom