***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE AT MINNESOTA BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

We haven't been in this situation yet. Interested to see how we respond.

I know it's crazy, but we hit back to back threes at some point and this is a game again.

We are at home. There will be a moment where we'll have a chance to get back in it. So far, this team has come up big in clutch moments
Going to have to hit three's, no question. Can't win shooting them like they have thus far.

Of course we are playing to win. Just because the roster isn't set up to be great this year it doesn't mean they aren't going to go out and try to win every game. Still have a full second half, if things get out of hand the bench will get their opportunity. But not sure why you would have an issue with not going deep into the bench in the first half of a home conference game.
I said it sucks, Im not saying I hated the decision in real time. Just in retrospect we are going to play our starts 35+ minutes in what will likely be a double digit lost and I just think that happens to be the worst outcome possible for this game.

Ideally we played Michigan State on the road for first game of the year and we went with a deep bench to get everyone ready for the rest of Big 10 play

We aren’t winning games against MSU, Michigan, Purdue etc… but being competitive makes me think we can beat the likes of Rutgers, Penn State, Nebraska and so on.

With this roster I would be thrilled to see them make the NIT.

As far as defense, I see no help defense. Seems like we are willing to go one-on-one against them and I just don't think we have the talent to match. Hopefully we change things up on that end.

I said it sucks, Im not saying I hated the decision in real time. Just in retrospect we are going to play our starts 35+ minutes in what will likely be a double digit lost and I just think that happens to be the worst outcome possible for this game.

Ideally we played Michigan State on the road for first game of the year and we went with a deep bench to get everyone ready for the rest of Big 10 play
I don't know that Johnson will go into any games home or away with that philosophy though. I think he will approach every game with the idea of competing and trying to win. There will be plenty of times this year where it will be clear we are outmatched and I think Johnson will take those opportunities to get the bench guys in.

Basketball is a screwy game, when the shots are falling the underdog can pull off the shocker.

I don't know that Johnson will go into any games home or away with that philosophy though. I think he will approach every game with the idea of competing and trying to win. There will be plenty of times this year where it will be clear we are outmatched and I think Johnson will take those opportunities to get the bench guys in.

Basketball is a screwy game, when the shots are falling the underdog can pull off the shocker.
Just remember that next year when the lack of experience is discussed.

As far as defense, I see no help defense. Seems like we are willing to go one-on-one against them and I just don't think we have the talent to match. Hopefully we change things up on that end.
We don't have the talent to match Michigan State and the downside to help defense against a well coached team is you leave guys open for easy looks.

Games against the top teams in the conference are likely to be rough this year. Just have to hope we can go out and beat the middle to bottom tier teams on a somewhat regular basis.

This is a mismatch, and it’s nobody’s fault.

The defense has been impressive until tonight. Not stopping anything now.

The first game where our defense and effort has been poor.

To have a shot against a team like MSU we need to be on our A game and catch them on an off night. The reverse is happening.

wow! What an offensive performance in the first half. Just glad I gave my tickets up. We were promised good defense, must have missed it during the first half. Same ole’, same ole’ as last year. At least BJ showed some common sense with his mask.

Good riddance.

I don’t like that we can’t get Battle looks

Top Bottom