***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE AT MINNESOTA BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
We are 7-0 as we all expected including 2 straight true road wins against P5 teams. Setting up a HUGE opportunity tonight vs nationally ranked Michigan State. This is big boy time. Tom Izzo will throw platitudes Ben Johnson's way before and after the game, he'll comment how great it is to have him in the conference bla bla bla, and then he'll go out there and try to destroy our big men and dominate the paint.

We must stay out of foul trouble and hit open 3s to stay in this game. I really hope The Barn is packed. This team, this staff and this program deserve it.

This is a potential HUGE statement game.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mich St is DEEP, they dont have that real top end elite guy in the Draymond, Cleaves, Mo Pete, Bridges, or Valentine guy but they played a lot of guys 15-25 minutes. I think that is ultimately going to be our demise (especially if Sutherlin can't go), they can and likely will wear us down. Izzo is a far superior coach to Howland so I wouldn't expect them to fall for this but we need to do like we did against Miss St and let them shoot from 3 and let the chips fall where they may. If we lose because they shoot 50% from 3 that is what it is. If they go inside consistently we are in very big trouble.

I may have some tickets available.... good seats. Anyone interested?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Minnesota Recruiting Guests expected for tonight&#39;s Minnesota vs Michigan State game..<br><br>Pharrel Payne of Park of CG<br>Braeden Carrington of Park Center<br>Nolan Winter of Lakeville North<br>Jack Robison of Lakeville North <a href="https://t.co/OsAFU3iJf8">pic.twitter.com/OsAFU3iJf8</a></p>&mdash; Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="">December 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Minnesota Recruiting Guests expected for tonight&#39;s Minnesota vs Michigan State game..<br><br>Pharrel Payne of Park of CG<br>Braeden Carrington of Park Center<br>Nolan Winter of Lakeville North<br>Jack Robison of Lakeville North <a href="https://t.co/OsAFU3iJf8">pic.twitter.com/OsAFU3iJf8</a></p>&mdash; Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="">December 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Doesn’t Hopkins have any studs this year?🤔

We are 7-0 as we all expected including 2 straight true road wins against P5 teams. Setting up a HUGE opportunity tonight vs nationally ranked Michigan State. This is big boy time. Tom Izzo will throw platitudes Ben Johnson's way before and after the game, he'll comment how great it is to have him in the conference bla bla bla, and then he'll go out there and try to destroy our big men and dominate the paint.

We must stay out of foul trouble and hit open 3s to stay in this game. I really hope The Barn is packed. This team, this staff and this program deserve it.

This is a potential HUGE statement game.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bolded was nice.

Just looking at Gamecast from ESPN and its only a 53% to 47% winning projection for MSU. A lot closer than I thought just based on perception and reputation. But that's a good thing to be surprised. However I won't be surprised when the undefeated Gophers play Michigan Saturday.

1639004572479.png

"Someone from Division thinks I'm pretty good". Or something like that. Can't remember the exact quote.

State is favored by 7

I hope Izzo's lads are a tad over confident coming into the Barn. But I expect Izzo to not let that happen. He will likely try wear our guys down, sub a lot, maybe even full court or 1/2 court press, pound it inside, take it to the hoop and disrupt our offensive flow.

This is the big time boys. Hang in there!!!!!

Not a sellout tonight at The Barn. Couple hundred tickets still available.
Source: Parker Fox, Instagram Live

The Barn is going to be rocking tonight! It feels great to be back for a Big Ten game. Let’s go Gophers!

Fox Sports App start at 8:03 8:07 if BTN needs to finish this shit show.

Greg Gard physically expressing his gratitude towards Johnny Davis in post game interview

Top Bottom