***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE AT MINNESOTA BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

These refs have been lopsided toward MSU. That's all there is to it. Gave them the ball on a clear OB by them, have sent them to the line multiple times on weak calls, and continue letting their guys put their shoulders down and plow into defenders.

These refs have been lopsided toward MSU. That's all there is to it. Gave them the ball on a clear OB by them, have sent them to the line multiple times on weak calls, and continue letting their guys put their shoulders down and plow into defenders.
Road Cookin' for St. Izzo.

Hard to imagine a W tonight at this point (never know), but great test for us to open the Big 10 season. Michigan St. really puts the pressure on you. Should be solid takeaways for what the Big 10 season is going to be like here.

Is the offense normally this bad? Not going to win too many Big Ten games scoring 24 points a half.

Is the offense normally this bad? Not going to win too many Big Ten games scoring 24 points a half.
Obviously the toughest test we've seen so far and it's not close, there defense isn't giving us open 3s as we've seen in other games. I don't think we're just missing shots, we're missing difficult shots to make.

They've had rough 1st halfs several times. I can't remember the last time they didn't miss their first 3-4 shots of the game to be honest.

What sucks is we have played this game to win... Not giving the bench any time. If Ben knew we would be down by double digits at half, I bet he would have considered throwing Thiem and Thompson into the fire

I'm not one for moral victories generally but for the score I'm not entirely upset. It's clear we don't have the physical talent to hang at all but I like the stuff we are running. I think fr year curry has 10 points at half he just doesn't have the explosiveness to do it over the mich st length. Again there are going to be a fair amount of games we just can't physically compete this year but I like some things I'm seeing

They’re ok. A lot of missed 3s and a few are Curry unable to finish when he works his guy down low.
Ill take ok.

I watched Bens presser for this. I noticed how he said he reinforced the team mentally about how different the game would be.

if were taking at least ok shots, i hope they got the mental side out of it the 1st half and start hitting some 3’s.

This is going to be a long 20 minutes...... hope I'm wrong

We haven't been in this situation yet. Interested to see how we respond.

I know it's crazy, but we hit back to back threes at some point and this is a game again.

We are at home. There will be a moment where we'll have a chance to get back in it. So far, this team has come up big in clutch moments

What sucks is we have played this game to win... Not giving the bench any time. If Ben knew we would be down by double digits at half, I bet he would have considered throwing Thiem and Thompson into the fire
Of course we are playing to win. Just because the roster isn't set up to be great this year it doesn't mean they aren't going to go out and try to win every game. Still have a full second half, if things get out of hand the bench will get their opportunity. But not sure why you would have an issue with not going deep into the bench in the first half of a home conference game.

wow! What an offensive performance in the first half. Just glad I gave my tickets up. We were promised good defense, must have missed it during the first half. Same ole’, same ole’ as last year. At least BJ showed some common sense with his mask.

Top Bottom