***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Dakich is the worst by a mile. And I have never heard a commentator talk so much shit about a team. Obviously we know why he doesn't like the Gophers....but a casual observer has to wonder.
Even Myron P Metcalf would be better....

That was a gorgeous possession. Great job by Carr.

He is ungradable slashing to the rim, too long and athletic - attack that rim, get your confidence back and the jumpers will start dropping.

On one hand, Carr has been poor, our shooting has been absolutely disgusting, and we can't get to the line. But we are playing good defense and still up 5. Our wing play has been a hot mess the last 2-3 weeks. We don't need them all good every game but we need 1-2 of them a game to show up

Many positives in this first half ! Love it that we are making our FT's.

A great response to the Michigan run.

Nice rally from the 9-0 run. Keep up the D, it's our only chance.

1st half Team Stats

Game Stats
Michigan
Minnesota
Points2330
FG10-2412-34
FG%41.735.3
3P2-90-11
3P%22.20.0
FT1-46-6
FT%25.0100.0
Rebounds1919
Offensive Rebounds25
Defensive Rebounds1714
Ties00
Lead Changes00
Time with Lead0:0018:23
Lead % of Game0.091.9
Last Lead-
Last Lead: Time-
Largest Lead012
Largest Lead: Score-24-12
Largest Lead: Time-4:52 (1st)
Assists88
Turnovers113
Bench Points68
Blocks10
On Court Points1722
Fastbreak Points22
Steals15
Points off Turnovers210
Points in the Paint1216
Second Chance Points24
Personal Fouls76
Technical Fouls00
Possessions3434

Gophers played lights out D in the first half, i don't know if that level is sustainable through 40 mins. Hopefully though, the offense picks it up in the 2nd half to cover for any slip. I certainly don't expect Michigan to have another 11 turnovers in the next half.

he didn't touch him. that should be a flop

They absolutely should be able to call a flop warning....especially when they go to the monitors to review and see that he didn't even get touched.

This is what happens when you defend and rebound. This is absolutely reproducible in the second half!

Yup. Put ourselves in great position if we can get shots to start dropping. The Gophers have been great at home....I expect the shooting to come.

Gophers have gotten blown out in the second half against all these good teams ....Will Richard ever learn?

Last 4:52 of the 1st half
0-8 FG. of which 5 were for 3 pt

1st 5 minutes crucial.....can't have a repeat of recent games

The defense and rebounding have been great but the shooting needs to get better. I don't think they're going to win if they shoot 35% again in the second half.

We will win this one as long as we don't jack up too many bad 3s.

This is not "the upset of the day". We're #23 and were 5.5 point underdogs.

The defense and rebounding have been great but the shooting needs to get better. I don't think they're going to win if they shoot 35% again in the second half.
Take out 0-11 3pt shooting and it jumps to 53%

Top Bottom