***OFFICIAL BALL STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I have zero interest in these games, especially when on BTN+. How was attendance at the barn?

Looking forward to conference play.

Nice game. Peaks and Valleys. Good turnover numbers, though the pace of the game was slower than the Gophers have been trying to play this season. Credit to Ball State for keeping it a half-court game most of the way.

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Kira, the analyst is much improved. I think her job tonight might be the best, and most consistent that anybody has done in the 2nd chair on a Gophers Big 10+ broadcast in the 2 seasons I've watched. I thought she made several great points (the same observations that I would expect from a professional analyst), was concise with decent pace and actually sounded as if she'd spent some time hanging around the gym and doing her homework. IMO, she is much improved in the last 2 months. Don't know if anybody here has any contact with her instructors or mentors, but color me impressed with her efforts tonight. Still rough around the edges, but for the first time, I actually felt that somebody on a Big 10 + Gophers basketball broadcast really showed some promise. I think she deserves a pat on the back. Keep getting better kid!!

Nice game. Peaks and Valleys. Good turnover numbers, though the pace of the game was slower than the Gophers have been trying to play this season. Credit to Ball State for keeping it a half-court game most of the way.

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Kira, the analyst is much improved. I think her job tonight might be the best, and most consistent that anybody has done in the 2nd chair on a Gophers Big 10+ broadcast in the 2 seasons I've watched. I thought she made several great points (the same observations that I would expect from a professional analyst), was concise with decent pace and actually sounded as if she'd spent some time hanging around the gym and doing her homework. IMO, she is much improved in the last 2 months. Don't know if anybody here has any contact with her instructors or mentors, but color me impressed with her efforts tonight. Still rough around the edges, but for the first time, I actually felt that somebody on a Big 10 + Gophers basketball broadcast really showed some promise. I think she deserves a pat on the back. Keep getting better kid!!
I was kind of sad. They were too good for what I have come to expect. There was nothing to cause me to openly laugh out loud. 😏

up to 84 on kenpom, right there with indiana

gonna wear out our guards. 37 minutes each, for all three

Fox has that sweet touch at the line.....
His poor free throw shooting is a liability. Since we will need his minutes to rebound and he can not shoot other than layups or dunks, he will get fouled. Teams will just play hack-a-shaq when he goes to the hoop In a close game.

Five things are obvious thus far.
1. We need Mitchell to score. Mitchell is adapting nicely thus far and seems to be not trying to do too much.
2. When Fox is on the floor, things happen and most of them are good.
3. Payne has to heal. We need him.
4. Christie needs to get more minutes.
5. We need Carrington's perimter D.

His poor free throw shooting is a liability. Since we will need his minutes to rebound and he can not shoot other than layups or dunks, he will get fouled. Teams will just play hack-a-shaq when he goes to the hoop In a close game.
Guess we will see. He only has 17 minutes total in the Missouri, San Fran and Nebraska games. Most was 10 against Nebraska because Garcia got hurt.
Edit: Apologies, forgot to include Ohio State where he logged 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Gophers have matched last year's win total with 9.

if they get healthy - and Carrington returns at some point this season - I think this could be an NIT team.

Not anymore than Hawkins inability to defend in the paint. Every player has a liability. The ones that hurt the team the most are the players that should get limited minutes. Fox makes things happen and most are good. Same with Hawkins the past 3-4 games.

Top Bottom