***OFFICIAL BALL STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
This time of the year the schedule is so choppy. 5-6 days off, game, 5 more days off, game. Squad is playing solid, gotta keep that rhythm going.

Ball State hasn’t had much competition this season yet but they are 8-3.

Let’s hope we jump on them early and often. Don’t let them hang around.

And it’s really annoying that for those of us that can’t to the game tonight that it’s not on a real station. MSC would have televised this game!

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!

Any word on Garcia? I am assuming he will not be playing tonight.

Ball State 0-3 in the first 3 quadrants and has lost by an avg of 20 ppg. I'm expecting to win by about that margin.

Interested to see if any of the womens fans stick around for the mens game. Free entry with a womens ticket apparently.

Ball State 0-3 in the first 3 quadrants and has lost by an avg of 20 ppg. I'm expecting to win by about that margin.

Gophers -11.5 is a tempting line. But the uncertainty of Garcia may be the reason. I’d be shocked if he played.

Gophers have played Ball State two times and have a 1-1 all-time record.

Goohers won 73-65 @ Ball State on 12/19/1987.
Gophers lost 57-63 vs Ball State on 11/26/1988.

The 88-89 Ball State squad went 29-3 and bowed out in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

Unfortunately I am not finding reliable box scores.

Looking for the trend of high assists and low turnovers to continue. Go Gophers!

Reactions: sal

based on recent comments by Johnson, I am not expecting Garcia to play. sounds like a better chance for Garcia to return in time for the Maine game on the 29th.

I've got PA duties tonight for a HS Boys Basketball game - and I don't have BTN+ anyway.

things to watch or listen for tonight ---
can Hawkins continue to set up the offense while limiting turnovers?
what is Payne's status - how many minutes can/will he see?
continued growth of Christie.
keep JOJ active on the boards
need solid minutes from Fox and Ihnen.
does Big Jack make a return?

Gophers have played Ball State two times and have a 1-1 all-time record.

Goohers won 73-65 @ Ball State on 12/19/1987.
Gophers lost 57-63 vs Ball State on 11/26/1988.

The 88-89 Ball State squad went 29-3 and bowed out in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

Unfortunately I am not finding reliable box scores.
Majerus was the coach of that 88-89 team.

Gophers -11.5 is a tempting line. But the uncertainty of Garcia may be the reason. I’d be shocked if he played.
I'd bet it.

We're a better team with Garcia however our rotation without Garcia seems to be simpler. I am worried Ben will go back to playing people out of position when Garcia returns. For now, the rotation is simple and we should trounce Ball State.

based on recent comments by Johnson, I am not expecting Garcia to play. sounds like a better chance for Garcia to return in time for the Maine game on the 29th.

I've got PA duties tonight for a HS Boys Basketball game - and I don't have BTN+ anyway.

things to watch or listen for tonight ---
can Hawkins continue to set up the offense while limiting turnovers?
what is Payne's status - how many minutes can/will he see?
continued growth of Christie.
keep JOJ active on the boards
need solid minutes from Fox and Ihnen.
does Big Jack make a return?
If the ankle is iffy at all I wouldn't play Garcia till the 29th. No reason to rush him back for a game like this when it will be far more important to have him healthy for conference games when those resume.

Bummer it is on BTN +. Would be tempted to head down to the barn if I didn't think my wife would kill me for doing this on a night where she wants to get some last minute Christmas shopping done :)

If we were playing St. Thomas I hear the game would be televised
It is televised and I'm hoping my "AggieVision" announcers are all present and accounted for. One last, glorious, night of Big10+ and the fabulous announcing crew. I can't wait. In fact, I'm watching the women beat up on Lindenwood right now with a 71-23 lead and still 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

It's 81-28 at the start of the 4th quarter and the announcer says "We have ourselves a ballgame!" LOL, if the Big10+ isn't the funniest thing going in sports right now.

Will be there. Agree Garcia should watch from bench to protect ankle. Hope score allows more player development time for Betts and Keinys. Go Gophers!

It is televised and I'm hoping my "AggieVision" announcers are all present and accounted for. One last, glorious, night of Big10+ and the fabulous announcing crew. I can't wait. In fact, I'm watching the women beat up on Lindenwood right now with a 71-23 lead and still 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
I'm just hoping the announcer from the Bethune-Cookman game is there

Indeed they did. The next year, their overall season record wasn't quite as good (26-7) but they advanced to the final 16 in the NCAA tournament. There they met eventual champion UNLV and lost to them by 2 points (UNLV's closest game in the tournament by far). After that game, as a tribute, the UNLV players wore Ball State caps for the rest of the tournament.

Last edited:

I hope Garcia isn't playing. More time to ensure he returns completely healthy. His injury overall seems to be a blessing in disguise. Proved to staff and team we’re not just a one-trick pony. We can achieve success, play competitively, even beat "competent" B10 squads w/o Garcia. Most important, it’s given staff the justification they never thought they’d have to give our supporting cast heavy mins they’d never see otherwise to build confidence leading up to B10 play, all without our alpha’s shadow towering over them.

Is BTN Karen on?

Top Bottom