***OFFICIAL BALL STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Also by the way (this is pot calling the kettle black) I thought i was aging poorly I cannot believe that is Michael Lewis the small slight guard from Indiana.
And Jamal Meeks from the early 90s Indiana teams. Yes, it's been awhile lol

The team looks like they've been sucked into Ball State's ineptitude and are just doing a playground game in the last few minutes.

Payne makes 2-2 on FTs. Might be the first time this year.

Payne knocks down 2 Free throws most confident I can recall.

Ball State is fighting hard (harder than we are). I'll give them that.

Bit sloppy to end the half, stay engaged and put this away.

These BTN+ announcers are actually pretty decent, a lot better than some of the other ones we’ve had. Can still tell they’re student announcers but you can tell they at least understand basketball

Solid 1st half. Good to see Ben going down low to Payne when we went cold from the outside. Payne can easily manhandle Ball State defenders down low.

Also, if you didn't notice, Payne had a fantastic clear out to allow Mitchell a direct line to the basket on Mitchell's drive. That was impressive and the announcers didn't notice it.

Bit sloppy to end the half, stay engaged and put this away.

These BTN+ announcers are actually pretty decent, a lot better than some of the other ones we’ve had. Can still tell they’re student announcers but you can tell they at least understand basketball
Yeah, I have heard the female analyst make a couple of very astute observations on a couple of subtle things.

I came into the game about 6 minutes in and a couple of things jumped out. Midway through the first half, when Parker was in, I thought they were pretty active with the half court defense. Also, I think Ball State has actually done a really good job of slowing this game down.

Agree that there was about a 4-5 minute stretch late in 1st half, that Ball St. seemed to be playing with a lot more intensity than the Gophers.

Good to see Payne with a couple of very strong takes to the rim late. Loved the one where he started the "back down" out near the 3-point line and ended up right at the basket.. Good combo of strength and footwork and realizing there was no help, so go strong.

Mitchell might get 20+ this game. Garcia's absence really has benefitted his numbers.

Ball State just blatantly didn't take the ball out properly after that Hawkins basket. I don't care but they will turn around and call that on the Gophers in a B1G game.

Top Bottom