***OFFICIAL ARKANSAS PINE-BLUFF AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

He’s not the only one that made mistakes. He needs to get experience.

At times they look good enough to be a .500 or even better Big Ten team. Other times they look like they’ll struggle to win just a few. Gotta make those horrible stretches less horrible.

It’s clear they’re a much better team when the play up tempo.

At times they look good enough to be a .500 or even better Big Ten team. Other times they look like they’ll struggle to win just a few. Gotta make those horrible stretches less horrible.

Hawkins is good at getting them into the up tempo, but he gets worked over some defensively. Wish they could help him out a little more with that.

been a long time since that's been the case. Wish they would run more. Seems to be less guys ball stopping and thinking when we do so which led to many wide open shots. You can always live with that even if they aren't falling

Yes, Payne should be starting and getting 30 min. The more he plays the better he will get.
Ihlen didn’t? I do not understand why he gets 30 minutes. Payne has to be really frustrated you have a 6’10 piece of charmin playing in front of him.

20/33 from 2
11/36 from 3.
Take. Your. Easy. Points.
BP baited them to shoot 3s all night and made for some scary moments.
This. It is unforgivable with this size advantage to not be more patient and take it inside. The competition level is so bad that it is making us play some sloppy ball.

All true but it would be very surprising if they win more than a few Big Ten games. Everything seems to just happen, very hard to identify an emphasis of what we want to do.
On defense we are often lost. Playing hard but without purpose. Geno recently said on defense if you foul you are either undisciplined or out of position. For me that describes the defense of the Gophers.

Gophers struggle to drive hard to the basket and then settle for 3 point jumpers. We don't have anyone who will force the defense to stop the drive. With his hops, I would like to see JOJ develop that mentality. We need it as we go terribly cold from 3.

There is a lot to work on.
Getting the ball to Payne on the post has to happen. No one can stop him when he catches it down low.

Defensively we are still slow on rotations. We gave up too many pick and roll points. That being said, if you stop Williams, you win by 15 more points. What is it with kids whose last name is Williams? They're just killing us in the Barn, like their ancestors built the place.

We have to step it up if we are going to beat the Dons out in San Francisco.

All true but it would be very surprising if they win more than a few Big Ten games. Everything seems to just happen, very hard to identify an emphasis of what we want to do.
On defense we are often lost. Playing hard but without purpose. Geno recently said on defense if you foul you are either undisciplined or out of position. For me that describes the defense of the Gophers.
I know Payne recovered and blocked that shot, but how in the world was he so open?

Gophers struggle to drive hard to the basket and then settle for 3 point jumpers. We don't have anyone who will force the defense to stop the drive. With his hops, I would like to see JOJ develop that mentality. We need it as we go terribly cold from 3.

There is a lot to work on.
Getting the ball to Payne on the post has to happen. No one can stop him when he catches it down low.

Defensively we are still slow on rotations. We gave up too many pick and roll points. That being said, if you stop Williams, you win by 15 more points. What is it with kids whose last name is Williams? They're just killing us in the Barn, like their ancestors built the place.

We have to step it up if we are going to beat the Dons out in San Francisco.
Second leading scorer for the Dons, just like for Pine Bluff is......Williams

The Oop to JOJ is a legit ESPN top 10 contender, but I haven’t watched sportscenter ina long time.

Fun book note. Final spread via ESPN 18.5 and over under of 152.5. All hanging in the balance on a Carrington 3 and again on a last second layup attempt with 30 seconds to go that were both otherwise meaningless.

Top Bottom