***OFFICIAL ARKANSAS PINE-BLUFF AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Cupcake scheduling continues. It's a bit depressing knowing we are supposed to be gearing up for the Vegas Tournament this week, but alas, we host Arkansas Pine Bluff.

I hope we take them to the woodshed early; the only other even remotely interesting non-conference game is upcoming this weekend on the road, so hopefully we use this game tonight as a steppingstone to the game in Cali.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cupcake scheduling continues. It's a bit depressing knowing we are supposed to be gearing up for the Vegas Tournament this week, but alas, we host Arkansas Pine Bluff.

I hope we take them to the woodshed early; the only other even remotely interesting non-conference game is upcoming this weekend on the road, so hopefully we use this game tonight as a steppingstone to the game in Cali.

looking forward to Cali, flying out Thursday morning. GO GOPHERS

arpb have 3 forwards on the team, the rest guards. those 3 forwards average 20, 16 and zero minutes per game - so some 5 guard sets tonight.
we should absolutely hammer them on the glass and see big games from Garcia and Payne. minimal height on their roster.

arpb have 3 forwards on the team, the rest guards. those 3 forwards average 20, 16 and zero minutes per game - so some 5 guard sets tonight.
Payne should be told to have 0 Dribbles tonight. Get your ass on the post, get deep position, catch and go up with it. When you put it on the ground, the little guys will get it.

I recall the grad rate at Pine Bluff was so poor the govt shut down the student loan availability. I hope they found a ‘way’ to boost grad rates.
Mock the Golden 🦁 Lions at your own peril gentlemen

Five guards is actually kind of scary. If they can shoot or simply get hot, they could put anyone in trouble, including a team like ours that hasn’t proven itself to be a good defensive team.

If Betts can guard a perimeter player, he might get some real minutes. I see no place for Fox against a lineup like that.

Sending too many underclassmen to the NBA before graduating I assume?
Let's not rip on them TOO bad until we're certain our NET ranking will actually be higher than theirs by end of the season. At this moment in time I'm not too sure.

Agree with the sentiment, but the Vegas tourney we pussed out of was last weekend.

ArkPB has been terrible defending any 2-pt shots, and just average on perimeter against 3's. That said, they will likely have a career shooting night and defend MN into shooting 28%.
I really want to drive up/fly to SF for the Dons game. Cheap tickets and hotel rates in SF recently cleaned up for Pooh visit recently.

This team is tiny. Can we please see 5 monster dunks from Payne?

Should be easy to park tonight…again. Hoping the game will be somewhat entertaining..

Top Bottom