***OFFICIAL ARKANSAS PINE-BLUFF AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Since I can't watch, only folllow on live stats, it would be nice to know who have been the defensive assignments against Rashad Williams. Since the game is under control, it would be a chance to find out if you have a defensive stopper, who can come in and cool off a hot shooter. I would imagine that by this time, Ben has tried 2-3 defenders against the guy. Any of them looked like they could take a scorer out if that's what the Gophers need?
Mitchell on Williams right now

Pine Bluff is another team we'll finish ahead of in FT% this year....

Thank you. At least somebody is paying attention to defense a little tonight. The Gophers ability to stop people from scoring when needed will go a long ways to determining if they can win Big Ten games.
Always pay attention to D. Was my favorite part of the game. Steal and score at the other end is demoralizing for the other team.

I'm pretty sure Macalester could beat Pine Bluff...

I wish we played better D. I’m hoping it will come as we get deeper into the season.

this team seems to forget garcia plays on it and falls in love with way too many deep 3s. PB is horrible and its the only thing making this not a 40 point game right now

We will see who draws Williams at the start of the 2nd half. Carrington did a nice job on Milton when he was in there. I guess Carrington is the closest thing the Gophers have to a defensive stopper.

It’s actually frustrating to have such a shitty non conference schedule. This team might be competitive in the conference but will be so ill prepared they’ll lose games because of it.
I have too much apathy to even WET right now due to this schedule. Who even cares at this point with these opponents. They may as well play high school teams who have prospects they want.

That 3rd foul on Payne was really, really not smart. Why foul on a freaking made Gopher free throw? Geeze.

If I wasn’t watching the game I’d almost think we were losing.

Bunch if whiners in here

Quite a first two minutes of the 2nd half by both teams..Woof.

Hawkins had a couple of sick passes and an oop to JOJ. I for one think this will be a fun team to watch most nights.

9-0 Pine Bluff run over 5:00 of game time. Yikes.

Dang, was hoping for another century mark game after getting to 51 at the 17:42 mark of the 1st half… then we finally score again right before the first break of the 2nd half. Ugh. Hey a good play by Betts!

Betts could really benefit from not shooting outside of 4ft. Maybe in a couple years he’ll have that range… (still getting some valuable experience)

Top Bottom