Official 2024 Roster Movement Thread - Who's In and Who's Out?

Updated the new schools for some of the outgoing guys. Been pretty quiet on this front but I am sure there will be another flurry of activity after Spring Ball.

Updated the new schools for some of the outgoing guys. Been pretty quiet on this front but I am sure there will be another flurry of activity after Spring Ball.

The number of guys who have transferred out and their destinations seem a lot less impactful so far than last year. Hopefully it stays that way.

The number of guys who have transferred out and their destinations seem a lot less impactful so far than last year. Hopefully it stays that way.
Unless they are are a grad transfer, they are pretty much stuck until after spring ball. I'm sure there will be some more movement at that time, but I think Fleck and staff/DTA are doing a really nice job so far this offseason.

Christian Driver chimes in

Changes the Gophers' portal trend of mostly adding successful players from lower levels, versus top recruits who didn't get to play at blue bloods

Just got a RB grad transfer commit from OU. Portal to create experience depth is happening.

Still need a back-up QB …

Added Driver and Majors, removed Fife. So far still a pretty quiet transfer portal period with some reinforcements coming in and not a whole lot going out.

Unless they are are a grad transfer, they are pretty much stuck until after spring ball. I'm sure there will be some more movement at that time, but I think Fleck and staff/DTA are doing a really nice job so far this offseason.

Early returns show Fleck have a heckofa bounce back off season.

Early returns show Fleck have a heckofa bounce back off season.
I'd still like to see some work on the defense and hopefully having a DC in place will help. Possibly over the summer once spring ball has concluded and the DC has fully evaluated things.

Added Bride to the transfer out list and removed Williams and Jefferies from the out of eligibility list as it appears they will be back.

Our most significant transfer out is probably AK8? So, that's a good thing, but we still do need another backup QB for depth.

Our most significant transfer out is probably AK8? So, that's a good thing, but we still do need another backup QB for depth.
I agree it would be nice to have a qb with 2 years of eligibility as a backup and someone to push Lindsey next year.

I also wouldn't mind more depth in the secondary.

AK transferring out is a huge plus.

So as far as the potential impact of our 7 transfers...Brosmer has be #1, #2 Bangura and #3 Driver or how do you guys see it?

So as far as the potential impact of our 7 transfers...Brosmer has be #1, #2 Bangura and #3 Driver or how do you guys see it?
Brosmer is the easy #1. Robinson is probably #2 for me though assuming he ends up getting the starting CB spot opposite Walley. McMillan and the 4 skill guys feel more like depth/backup options behind some clear cut top guys. Could still see lots of playing time and make an impact but not being brought in to start.

Appears I need to dust this thread off as the new portal window is open and some guys have jumped in already. Good times.

New here.

I apologize if I've missed it on this thread or any other - OL Logan Purcell is no longer listed on the roster - anyone know why? I believe he would have been a RS JR this year.

A few other 2024 roster observations (I don't see on original post yet):

RB 21 Bryce Williams - No longer listed on roster - must be finally moving on?
LB 41 Cade Larson - Not on roster
OL 79 Logan Purcell - Not on roster as noted
WR 20 Cade Osterman - Portal
P 36 Ryan Shamburger - Portal

New here.

I apologize if I've missed it on this thread or any other - OL Logan Purcell is no longer listed on the roster - anyone know why? I believe he would have been a RS JR this year.

A few other 2024 roster observations (I don't see on original post yet):

RB 21 Bryce Williams - No longer listed on roster - must be finally moving on?
LB 41 Cade Larson - Not on roster
OL 79 Logan Purcell - Not on roster as noted
WR 20 Cade Osterman - Portal
P 36 Ryan Shamburger - Portal
Welcome.....will update the main post with this info.

Top Bottom