Official 2024 Roster Movement Thread - Who's In and Who's Out?

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Transfers In: 11
Max Brosmer - QB - New Hampshire
Ethan Robinson - CB - Bucknell
Jai'Onte' McMillan - CB - TCU
Sieh Bangura - RB - Ohio
Marcus Majors - RB - Oklahoma
Cristian Driver - WR - Penn State
Jaylen Varner - WR - Emporia State
Jaxon Howard - DL - LSU
Adam Kissayi - DL - Clemson
Tyler Williams - WR - Georgia
Dylan Wittke - QB - Virginia Tech

Transfers Out: 19

Athan Kaliakmanis - QB - Rutgers
Drew Viotto - QB - Eastern Michigan
Max Grand (WO)- RB - Augustana
Marquese Williams - RB - Akron
Zach Evans - RB - North Texas
JJ Guedet- OL - Illinois State
Tyrell Lawrence - OL - Alabama A&M
Zach Jorgenson (WO) - WR
Dino Kaliakmanis - WR - Rutgers
Colton Gregerson (WO)- DL
Jacob Lewis - K - Ohio
Tyler Bride - DB -
Tariq Watson - DB -
Cade McConnell - OL - Vanderbilt
Trey Bixby - DL -
De'Eric Mister - OL -
Cade Osterman (WO) - WR -
Ryan Shamburger (WO) - P -
Victor Pless - DB -

Leaving Early for the NFL or Retiring: 3
Cole Kramer - QB - Retiring
Bryce Williams - RB - Retiring (assumed)
Logan Purcell - OL - Retiring (assumed)

Out of Eligibility: 12
Tre'Von Jones - DB (Elon)
Tyler Nubin - DB
Sean Tyler - RB (Western Michigan)
Corey Crooms - WR (Western Michigan)
Chris Autman-Bell - WR
Chris Collins - DL (North Carolina)
Kyler Baugh - DL (Houston Baptist)
Ryan Selig - LB (Western Michigan)
Brady Weeks - LS
Karter Shaw - OL (Utah State)
Nathan Boe - OL
Brevyn Spann-Ford - TE

Last edited:

Thank you for this great thread @MNVCGUY every year!

In my opinion, it would be great to break up the “out of eligibility” section into “transferred in” and “lifers” (or some better label) as well as note the school that the transfer came from. Or perhaps just simply note (transfer 2023 - WMU) for example next to the name.

You may not want to do this or think there is any value, it’s your thread I leave it to you.

Are they going to try to get Bryce a 7th year?

I think technically he does not meet the requirement because he played in the Michigan game, but you can always apply for a waiver.

I will ask this question, because I don't know. but the list of players that are out of elgibility {sp}
how good will the replacements be. I have only been following Gopher football for three years.
So I don't know that much about the players on the team. But I do like my Gophers.

I think technically he does not meet the requirement because he played in the Michigan game, but you can always apply for a waiver.
even if he could, please don't. Zero reason he needs to be around for carries. Nubin can block and if the young guys need to learn if they can't

I will ask this question, because I don't know. but the list of players that are out of elgibility {sp}
how good will the replacements be. I have only been following Gopher football for three years.
So I don't know that much about the players on the team. But I do like my Gophers.
It'll be hard for anyone to answer this because we have no idea who's entering the portal and no idea who we'll pick up. For example, by my count at least 7 of the players listed as "Out of Eligibility" came here via the portal.

Will Walley stay for his 4th season or look elsewhere? Who knows.

Thank you for this great thread @MNVCGUY every year!

In my opinion, it would be great to break up the “out of eligibility” section into “transferred in” and “lifers” (or some better label) as well as note the school that the transfer came from. Or perhaps just simply note (transfer 2023 - WMU) for example next to the name.

You may not want to do this or think there is any value, it’s your thread I leave it to you.
Added the school guys transferred in from to the playes in the out of eligibility section.

Ok, question, if we are losing 14 guys to graduation/loss of eligibility, how can we take in a group of new signees in the 20s and plan on looking at portal guys? Must be planning on losing 12 to 15 or more to the portal?
Isn’t there still an 85 scholarship cap?

Ok, question, if we are losing 14 guys to graduation/loss of eligibility, how can we take in a group of new signees in the 20s and plan on looking at portal guys? Must be planning on losing 12 to 15 or more to the portal?
There may be some players who retire as well.

please no.

Throwing that out lazily is only like saying that it could snow in November
Since news outlets rely on advertising dollars for a good chunk of their revenue, stories need to generate clicks. Writing something scandalous or sky is falling about any of the local sports teams is like a gawker slow-down for a traffic accident. Carnage, or the potential of it, causes people to stop and stare at even the most minor of fender benders in the hopes they'll find something juicy to share with friends, family and colleagues.

We will and always do find room. With the portal, the numbers always seem to work out.

The Gophs will lose a couple of players to the portal we don't want to lose, and PJ will ease several more into the portal (or injury retirement)n who he won't mind losing. In the new reality, I believe "development" teams will have to give up faster on players who don't develop fairly quickly into potential on-field contributors. Depth is a huge issue for the injury-ridden Gophers this year; and depth, not just"starters" will be a huge issue going forward in the new, improved B1G.

Bumping for easy access, this will likely start heating up tomorrow or early this week.

Bumping for easy access, this will likely start heating up tomorrow or early this week.
Any surprises from Senior day? I believe Cole Kramer was taking part, any other guys with eligibility left take part?

Key guys that I hope stay:
Offense:
D Jackson
A Ersery
Athan because we need him and the staff needs to develop him during the offseason
Freshman OL Johnson
Defense:
Wally
Joyner
Really everyone as the defense had zero depth this year (capable of playing well)

Offense:
D Jackson
A Ersery
Athan because we need him and the staff needs to develop him during the offseason
Freshman OL Johnson
Defense:
Wally
Joyner
Really everyone as the defense had zero depth this year (capable of playing well)
We have a ton of young pretty good potential players that we need to keep.

Offense:
D Jackson
A Ersery
Freshman OL Johnson
Defense:
Wally
Joyner
I know he fits under "everyone" but Lindenberg shoud be singled out along with Wally and Joyner.

I know he fits under "everyone" but Lindenberg shoud be singled out along with Wally and Joyner.
Yes for sure. I still think if he would have played vs Purdue, Purdue might have punted a few times. He is a huge factor.

Top Bottom