Official 2013 Class Recruiting Updates Thread

Campbell would be nice, super athletic. Stars aside I love the athletic ability of Myrick, Laster, and Andrews. Kill does the right thing by putting them on defense.

I read on a Vols board that Campbell ran track in H.S. and nearly beat Sammy Watkins in the 200m.

Ok, I looked it up, 4th in the state of Florida! http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Division/Event.aspx?DivID=28867&Gender=M&Event=8 I wonder if that #12 Richard Benjamin is the wr we are recruiting, grades match up, wow, that's some crazy speed.

Damien Wilson visited Southern Miss over the weekend. I'd be surprised if he turned down a legit chance to start right away in the big10.

You're right!

De'Vondre Campebell was in town (Juco OLB)!!
http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-De'Vondre-Campbell-140352

OLB on campus this weekend = Campbell, Dixon, Brown and Riley (possibly Jones)! Makes me wonder about Wipson and weather or not he will be a gray shirt!

Wipson had knee surgery right? I would have to assume that if they do over sign, which it sounds like they might since Kill stated they are going to try to sign 20 kids, he would one of the top choices to gray shirt. A MN kid coming off of knee surgery is more likely to agree to gray shirt than an athlete from the south with multiple offers. With that said, I know nothing about Wipson or any other kid they are recruiting, but it would make sense that if they do have to grey shirt anyone, the chances he gray shirts is probably high. It's no knock on the kid by any means, but just the most logical choice in my opinion.

It's impossible for us to tell where the numbers are at for available scholarships, however, I think it would be a brand new discussion for Wipson to see if he's willing to grey shirt. There is a decent chance that he would be open to the idea to give him another 6 months in the program and another year to recover from his injury, however, I don't think it's as easy as simply saying "well, one of you has to grey shirt".

Tweet from Ryan Burns:

"Just spoke with Louisiana LB Duke Riley (@1goal1dream) about his #Minnesota visit. "I was blown away by it all" More to come in the morning."

I think most kids from the south are blown away by Minnesota honestly. They almost expect this cold wasteland or something haha. Doesn't mean they're willing to commit or anything, but I think most kids that come up here to visit are surprised by what they see.

It would be a major feather in Jerry Kill's cap if he could poach a recruit from LSU.

RT @Chris_SmithSPS:DT Demaris Peppers - Fairley HS (TN) tells me he is receiving interest from #Louisville. Peppers is committed to #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

@ChrisSmithXOFan: WR Nate Andrews - Fairhope HS (AL) has received an offer today from #Alabama. Andrews is committed Minnesota. #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

Yeah we don't have much of a chance in that one. The fact we were sooner to jump on his bandwagon might give us a shot. Watching the Alabama Mississippi All Star game ( it comes on locally down here) he looked really good. Had an amazing over the shoulder catch. I would imagine being in that game and doing so well is what got him noticed more by everyone else. Too bad.

Yeah we don't have much of a chance in that one. The fact we were sooner to jump on his bandwagon might give us a shot. Watching the Alabama Mississippi All Star game ( it comes on locally down here) he looked really good. Had an amazing over the shoulder catch. I would imagine being in that game and doing so well is what got him noticed more by everyone else. Too bad.

We probably have lost him, but there are a few things that could keep him committed:
1. Relationship w/ coaching staff
2. Playing time

He may never see the field at Alabama but in Minnesota its guaranteed!

There are a lot of positives I am starting to see from this coaching staff and their ability to recruit! There evaluation of talent is spot on and their ability to recognize possible under the radar candidates is unbelievable! For god sake Alabama and Tennessee just offered this kid!

We probably have lost him, but there are a few things that could keep him committed:
1. Relationship w/ coaching staff
2. Playing time

He may never see the field at Alabama but in Minnesota its guaranteed!

There are a lot of positives I am starting to see from this coaching staff and their ability to recruit! There evaluation of talent is spot on and their ability to recognize possible under the radar candidates is unbelievable! For god sake Alabama and Tennessee just offered this kid!

Exactly. The fact that we were the first or close to it to offer this kid, and now everyone's on his jock tells me we are doing a mighty fine job of recognizing talent. Even if we don't get this guy, the staffs ability to pick out talent quickly like this does bode well for us, as some are bound to slip through the cracks of SEC country. Nate, you can be a hero up here, get a great education, and enjoy the finer things a large city has to offer, or you can go to Tuscaloosa and get lost in the fold. Besides, maroon and gold will look much better on you then crimson and white, let's stroke the post in Minneapolis

Dereck Dooley (Former Tennessee Coach) on Alabama.

"They draft; we recruit"

Sums it up well.

*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. Really hoped we would get brown. *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

That was the report at the time. But yeah, sounds like that is no longer the case. I wonder what other visits he is planning to take.

Something I found interesting as I was looking today at recruits in the past two years the gophers have had 0 recruits from the anybody the MNT timezone or West coast Time zone. Whats it mean probably nothing just intesting that this group doent hit California or the West coast hard.

According to Rivals.

Something I found interesting as I was looking today at recruits in the past two years the gophers have had 0 recruits from the anybody the MNT timezone or West coast Time zone. Whats it mean probably nothing just intesting that this group doent hit California or the West coast hard.

According to Rivals.

Cedric Thompson was from California. The staff is recruiting Drew Wolitarski who holds the California state record for receiving yards I believe and Cedric's younger brother Tedric. I would agree with you though, they seem to be focusing much more time in the deep south than out west.

Not a shocker, but Marquez White, the DB from Alabama that was committed to Florida State, but visited here a few weeks back, tweeted earlier that he is ending his recruitment and sticking with FSU.

Left MN and the Big 10 to play for S. Florida? There had to be an issue with grades.

Not necessarily. Simply put Willie Taggert can recruit and his ties in Florida are extensive. USF is going to be more attractive to many Florida kids compared to a lower level big ten program half way across the country.

Top Bottom