Official 2013 Class Recruiting Updates Thread

? Hinojosa visited last December. That dude is probably has one of the strongest verbal commitments we have.

Not sure you should be counting on Hinojosa. I've been listening to these free GI radio shows and the hosts make him out to be full of it. Apparently last year he told one of the Rivals guys that he was on a flight to Minnesota to enroll, which was not true. They also note that he hasn't received a visit from a Gopher assistant at his JC. He did call/text one of the Rivals guys last week and told him he (Hinojosa) will be at Minnesota for the Spring semester. The host that he's lied to actually likes the kid, but all 3 guys express doubt that he will be a Golden Gopher.

Not sure you should be counting on Hinojosa. I've been listening to these free GI radio shows and the hosts make him out to be full of it. Apparently last year he told one of the Rivals guys that he was on a flight to Minnesota to enroll, which was not true. They also note that he hasn't received a visit from a Gopher assistant at his JC. He did call/text one of the Rivals guys last week and told him he (Hinojosa) will be at Minnesota for the Spring semester. The host that he's lied to actually likes the kid, but all 3 guys express doubt that he will be a Golden Gopher.

who do you believe more, 3 guys who chase around 17 year olds for interviews or the dad that raised the kid? i will bet on the dad any day. here is an update from the one that knows what he's talking about, not the ones trying to sell subscriptions http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?42622-I-hope-this-will-do-it!

@Alex_Mayes78: Coach kill dropping by the house today! #Minnesota

Go Gophers!!

The beat Writer for the Palm Beach Post believes that Rayfield Dixon, who is visiting Louisville this weekend, is a Minnesota Kid or future commit

https://twitter.com/jeffgreer/status/278552580441911297

Dixon scouting report:

Dixon is a very active linebacker playing from a two point stance "on" the line of scrimmage; his quickness, balance and agility make it difficult to get a hat on him. Has the height and athleticism for the outside linebacker position at the major level of competition; his frame appears capable of supporting additional bulk over time. This guy is a tough, wrap tackler; puts ball carriers on the turf with very little yardage after contact; should be productive playing multiple positions on special teams. We see the hip flexibility to play in space; displays the initial quickness needed to get off the mark; has good quick hands but relies on his athleticism to beat blockers to the ball; must improve his upper body playing strength and leverage when taking on blockers at the point of attack. Beats blockers across the line and flattens down quickly on plays away. We see the ability to turn and change direction when in lateral pursuit; shows good range and excellent desire getting to the football. Is very effective as an edge rusher; can squeeze the pocket or come inside with a quick change of direction move; displays a short burst to the quarterback. His athleticism and playing speed suggests potential as a coverage defender although experience must be gained; can run step for step with the tight end releasing off the line; plays good trail technique, showing the ability to get his head turned to locate the ball in flight. His instincts and nose for the football put him in position to make big plays all over the field. Dixon does not appear to be an immediate starter at the BCS level of play. However if a red shirt year isn't deemed necessary, early playing time is a possibility.

@jAutooo: Coach Anderson coming by.

Go Gophers!!

Do you think Kill offers another RB in this class? I think the Huff kid from Louisiana is still visiting.

Looks like Huff committed to Northern Illinois. Probably only taking Edwards in this class?

According to Rivals, a linebacker isn't visiting this weekend. Gophers had 4 planned, anyone know who isn't visiting anymore?

I don't have inside information, but Rahmon Swain was set to visit and committed to South Florida today. My guess would be him.

I read a tweet earlier that talked about the possibility of Nate Andrews decommitting, does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Hey Guys,

Once again Jordan Hinojosa is on his way.

Jordan wasn't there this fall because of transcripts issues and an ACT score. He re-took the ACT on June 9th. School started on the 11th. The test score wouldn't have come back in time. Coaches opted for him to Go to Coffeyville, which, at first, I didn't want him to go. I understand why they did it. they didn't want to lose a scholarship.But it turned out very well. He learned what it was to play JUCO ball and will be appreciative when he goes to the U.

Right now, Jordan is at home working out twice a day and pigging out anxiously awaiting Jan. 18th, 2013, that is when we land in MSP airport. Acording to the player personel director, Jordan is in and registered.

For the person who asked, Jordan played in 7 games because he sat out the first game and got injured on the 2nd to last game. Pulled groin. No big deal, he's healed.

I am more anxious than he is to get there. We are both extremely excited. There is nothing more thaI want as a father is for my son to get an education at a top school in the nation. For me football is 2nd. For him, it's all about the maroone and gold. Trust me when I tell you, Bill Miller did one hell of a job in recruiting my son. When I met Coach Kill in person, I wanted my son to be under his wing. What a terrific person, both of them.

I am looking so forward to watching the BIG ten Network, when I'm not at TCF!

Believe it or not, I love the compassion Gopher fans have. The tradition is also there. We are getting better every year. I say in two years we should be competing for the B1G title. Did I want him to stay home at Miami, of course I did. Miami's campus is 15 minutes from my home. jordan's mom is ill and I wanted him to focus on his future and leave his mom's situation to me.

Pretty much, that is the breakdown. If you guys have anymore questions that I can answer, let me know.

One last thing, after seeing life deteriorate little by little in front of me, repair all relationships that are worth repairing. One day, it might be too lat.

You are getting one of the most complete men I have ever been around. Not just because he's my son, it's just a fact. You guys will see for yourselves.

Thanks

Thanks for the update. Any reason why he hasn't taken a visit up this semester?

Thanks for the update getthemall, glad to hear Jordan is still coming, there's definitely a need at DT.

Thanks for the positive energy getthemall and welcome to Gopherland. A lot of people appreciate the parents sharing insight (first hand information versus speculation is always nice). There are many aggressive posters on this website, please ignore them as there are many infrequent posters (like me) and many more non-posters that are more (consistently) positive and polite. We have great hopes for your son.

Still really excited that Berkley Edwards will be coming to the U. He was a great addition to a running game I'm a little worried about. Don't see them redshirting Edwards.

How many scholarships do the Gophers have right now? According to (now defunct) FBT Scholarship grid, the team has 14 allotted scholarships. They currently have 14 players committed. It didn't account for the graduation of Kenny Watkins and the transfer of Shortell. SO that would make 16 available.

Anybody I am missing?

I'm sure coach Kill has a handle on where he might gain a schollie or two. Beal going medical and not returning for example, or someone not coming back for a fifth year (maybe Alipate? I have no info, just speculating.)

Top Bottom