Official 2013 Class Recruiting Updates Thread

RT @ECARTERLG8: “@DP_The_Great_: @ECARTERLG8 I'm Maroon & Gold down to my bones! You?” Maroon & Gold till the death of me!

Go Gophers!!

Cedric Thompson was from California. The staff is recruiting Drew Wolitarski who holds the California state record for receiving yards I believe and Cedric's younger brother Tedric. I would agree with you though, they seem to be focusing much more time in the deep south than out west.

There isn't a whole lot in the Mountain Time Zone, so the point is really that our staff doesn't seem to hit California very hard. It's a valid point, but all staffs seem to have preferred areas where they have better relationships with the local coaches.

We do have some other western US connections with Kill.

Bauducco (originally a Brew recruit) signed with Coach Kill, but he left the program due to injury concerns.
Ge'Shun Harris was a Kill recruit and I believe he attended Arizona Western (or something like that) community college.
Kill also recruited Drayquan Crawford from a Western US Community College (possible Arizona Western), he was going to attend the U, but he couldn't get in academically.

You pointed out Cedric Thompson...

Not necessarily. Simply put Willie Taggert can recruit and his ties in Florida are extensive. USF is going to be more attractive to many Florida kids compared to a lower level big ten program half way across the country.

Yeah, I don't think a FL kid choosing USF over the U, especially now with Taggert is very surprising.

Does anyone know roughly how many scholarships we have left to give out? Is it in the 4-6 range?

Are we recruiting any un-committed Minnesota kids or is it just going after the guys who have committed elsewhere at this point?

Hopefully after the bowl some things will pick up again. Keeping guys like Andrews and Laster committed will be huge.

We removed the discussion on the Sun Belt Conference and USF as we'd like this to remain a recruiting updated thread.

If you want a Sun Belt vs. Big Ten/USF vs. UMN conversation, please start a new thread.

We removed the discussion on the Sun Belt Conference and USF as we'd like this to remain a recruiting updated thread.

If you want a Sun Belt vs. Big Ten/USF vs. UMN conversation, please start a new thread.

Thank you - I realize that you can't please everybody but I believe the vast majority of people here appreciated what you did.:drink:

Sorry.....I realize that I was helping to ignite that side conversation.

Anybody know who was all down in Houston with the Gophers? I saw the Mayes boys tweeting they were down there.

Anybody know who was all down in Houston with the Gophers? I saw the Mayes boys tweeting they were down there.

Nice! I had wondered about this. Obviously they would have to pay their own way, I assume there are rules against paying for recruits to come to bowl games. Pretty cool the Mayes family is going.

Isn't Tedric Thompson thought of as more of an OLB recruit?

Just watched his hudl video.
He moves really well for a bigger guy. I think if his speed is ok, he can play at S.
He's got really solid ball skills and plays well from way off the line in space.

Isn't Tedric Thompson thought of as more of an OLB recruit?

S/OLB/WR recruit, again one of those recruits who seems to be of the "we'll find out where he fits best later" type but S is his primary position. If he stays there it would be nice to have a bigger safety to help support against the run.

ESPN reporting we are out of the running for Hunter Jarmon

Link

Too bad, they could have used him.

Not an insider so I don't have access to the link but Jarmon tweeted today that he doesn't know which offense to root for tonight so it doesn't sound like we're out of it.

Edit: I now see that ESPN says his 3 favorites are Oregon State, Wazzu, and Texas Tech are his 3 favorites, but as I said above it doesn't sound like we're out of it.

here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/2HunterJarmon2/status/284809421404663808

Connor Mayes ‏@PuppyloveMayes
Funnest game I've ever been to! The gopher fans are freaking awesome. Go Minnesota! #SkiUMah #TheU #Minnesota

@NateAndrews1: Ready to be im Minnesota already

Go Gophers!!

Kam D. Lott ‏@KamLott_3
I like schools like Akron, Minnesota, Missouri, Pittsburgh, South Carolina anfd Georgia Tech. Cant wait to get up to Minnesota in February

Jalen Myrick ‏@jAutooo
When I get to Minnesota, I definitely going to work with Percy Harvin and Andrian Peterson. #Vikings

Jordan Alexander™ ‏@JHINO88
Ready for Minnesota, Can't wait to start my own dynasty here

I ❤ Minnesota. #GopherFootball #SkiUMah

Kam D. Lott ‏@KamLott_3
I like schools like Akron, Minnesota, Missouri, Pittsburgh, South Carolina anfd Georgia Tech. Cant wait to get up to Minnesota in February

Jalen Myrick ‏@jAutooo
When I get to Minnesota, I definitely going to work with Percy Harvin and Andrian Peterson. #Vikings

Jordan Alexander™ ‏@JHINO88
Ready for Minnesota, Can't wait to start my own dynasty here

I ❤ Minnesota. #GopherFootball #SkiUMah

For those of you who (like me) don't know who Kam Lott is, he is a 2014 DB prospect: http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/f...Lott-140179;_ylt=AviL994nktCsuMOo3aJCZGfUspB4

Yeah, he mixed with 2013 with 2014. And a little poking showed that Jordan Alexander is Jordan Hinojosa. Nice tweets, tho

Signing day is about a month away. Anyone hearing any buzz? What's up with Jarmon and Wolitarsky? What's up with Rayfield Dixon? Is there anyone else we might be in on? I saw Kill offered a Arkie state verbal, safety Shaun Rupert. Do we have any shot at Devondre Campbell? Seems like everyone is pretty solid with the verbals we have, except maybe Andrews, I have a feeling he will keep his verbal, just a hunch though.

Duke Riley is another guy I was wondering about along with Tedric Thompson. I would've figured Thompson would be a gopher by now if Kill was really pursuing him hard, given the success of Cedric and the Gophers being as good as or better than the other schools that have offered him this year.

I believe the contact period just opened up again today, so we should be getting some news, but give it a week.

Top Bottom