News on Shaka Smart

@NadineBabu: Not necessarily. RT @LiberallyLiving: .@NadineBabu So your initial source was wrong about already having an agreement from a coach, right?

I interpret that as, we could have actually have an agreement with Smart, like Washington had with Monson, and VCU lured him back into the fold.

Imagine if the coach is still coaching Thursday or Friday and it continues through the weekend (or two).

If the coach he has a mythical agreement with is still playing. He better hope to high heaven that he doesn't make the final four or Norwood's plan will blow up in his freakin face.

Guys, my 10PM update will shed major light in whats going on right now. Will get the Internet talking.

I know there are plenty of stockers out there.. you mean no one is following players on VCU roster to see if shaka met with players and let the know he is leaving for the u?

Funny you should say that - I was just at the VCU gym and the entire team was there shooting hoops and were all smiles.

And no, this is not a trolling thread. Some nice alley-hoops.

My apologies if this has already been posted earlier today, but a friend of mine who works at Delta says Smart is flying out of Charlotte tomorrow on an 11:30am flight. He's either squeezing VCU for everything they have or Teague has a big fish on the line!

hD215E6A9

Funny you should say that - I was just at the VCU gym and the entire team was there shooting hoops and were all smiles.

And no, this is not a trolling thread. Some nice alley-hoops.

Smiles, fine....but high fives??????

Yeah, I'm not buying GL's tweet, sorry. No, Teague would move to quash the rumors early, or at least get his good friend Shaka to quash the rumors, because it does him no good to get expectations high unless he can deliver. If he realizes, hey, everybody thinks it's Shaka, and I've got Saul Phillips on the line, it's no good for him, and it's no good for the program. So, if Teague already has somebody with a verbal, it's either somebody big, or it WAS somebody big. If it hasn't come out yet, I'm inclined to believe that neither may have been true.

I am so confused that instead of going to Big Al's I went to Weird Al's.

Can someone start the Brad Stevens news thread?

I have road dogs DEEP within the Butler administration, and here's what I'm hearing:

>Brad Stevens knows about this thread on GH and is LIVID there isn't a thread about him. He's demanded at least 79 pages of speculation before he'll even consider a visit.

Guys, my 10PM update will shed major light in whats going on right now. Will get the Internet talking.

Yeah, I'm not buying GL's tweet, sorry. No, Teague would move to quash the rumors early, or at least get his good friend Shaka to quash the rumors, because it does him no good to get expectations high unless he can deliver. If he realizes, hey, everybody thinks it's Shaka, and I've got Saul Phillips on the line, it's no good for him, and it's no good for the program. So, if Teague already has somebody with a verbal, it's either somebody big, or it WAS somebody big. If it hasn't come out yet, I'm inclined to believe that neither may have been true.

Wait a minute....we know Shaka and the entire athletic department staff at VCU are glued to this thread to get the latest info. but what if Teague and Ellis are not and are unaware that people now have all their hopes up re: Smart? Could be a disaster.

Imagine the work I could have gotten done the last couple days.

I swear to God this cannot end...it has kept me more entertained for the past 2 days. I say we never get a coach and we spend the money on upgrading gopherhole.com

Top Bottom