News on Shaka Smart

Yeah, the "Norwood is just helping out his pal" stuff is nonsense. It does him no good to get the fans all riled up for Shaka, and then say, April Fools, how about a nice Assistant from Western Kentucky, he's almost as good. Not good PR, and Norwood seems to value good PR.

Say this was all a ruse to get Stevens and I will be happy again.

Who knows. Stevens was always rumored to be holding out for Indiana. With Crean's turnaround there that job won't be open for a long time.

Say this was all a ruse to get Stevens and I will be happy again.

Certainly possible.

Also.

@NadineBabu: It sure has! #Gophers RT @DarrenWolfson: @NadineBabu @akmoeller After the leak to Goodman, the 'U' for the time being has shut down.

Yeah, the "Norwood is just helping out his pal" stuff is nonsense. It does him no good to get the fans all riled up for Shaka, and then say, April Fools, how about a nice Assistant from Western Kentucky, he's almost as good. Not good PR, and Norwood seems to value good PR.

Unless it is Flip or Steven. Help out Shaka and excite the fans? Win win.

Or he did make a big run at Shaka. Lost him. And will now make the best possible hire he can.

Grant does less than nothing for me.

Something tells me that I am going to have the same look on my face as I did when Jerry Kill was hired. I have been pleasantly surprised by him, hopefully Grant or the new guy as well.

My apologies if this has already been posted earlier today, but a friend of mine who works at Delta says Smart is flying out of Charlotte tomorrow on an 11:30am flight. He's either squeezing VCU for everything they have or Teague has a big fish on the line!

Flip currently on Sports Center. Going to try and pick up some key words.

I just got off the phone with my source. I'll call him Norwood T. Wait, that's too obvious. Let's call him N. Teague. Anyway, he wanted to me to remind you that per the terms of this website that you all agreed to when you signed up, that you're obligated to make a donation of $10 per page if you post on the longest thread that occurs during a coaching search. Right now, we're at $770 per user, let's see if we can't get this up to a grand a piece!

Certainly possible.

Also.

@NadineBabu: It sure has! #Gophers RT @DarrenWolfson: @NadineBabu @akmoeller After the leak to Goodman, the 'U' for the time being has shut down.

Good to hear honestly, but not as fun lol

Grant? No thanks. My list would be:

1. Shaka Smart
2. Brad Stevens
3. Flip Saunders
4. Tubby Smith

And for the record, you guys aren't fooling anyone about why you keep coming back to this thread. It's not Shaka....it's the T-Shirt banner ad with the big melons. Go ahead...tell me I'm wrong.

But reality sucks - its a hard sell to tell a young coach you will play in B1G half the year and if you don't win - Buh Bye.

I bet he is finding the post more difficult to fill than he expected. [Sid laughs the laugh of a maniacal old man]

My apologies if this has already been posted earlier today, but a friend of mine who works at Delta says Smart is flying out of Charlotte tomorrow on an 11:30am flight. He's either squeezing VCU for everything they have or Teague has a big fish on the line!

If we picked up country Jer on a private plane, Shaka for sure would be as well.

Yep, posted on page 26, 41, 42, 57 (twice) and 73. We didn't think it meant anything because he has to be back by Monday for WWE Raw.

Please stop.

OK this could potentially jibe with ESPN guy, if you believe that Shaka would drive to Charlotte and fly the rest of the way.

More likely than any Brad Stevens scenario if you ask me.

@NadineBabu: Not necessarily. RT @LiberallyLiving: .@NadineBabu So your initial source was wrong about already having an agreement from a coach, right?

If this is driving us crazy...imagine the players!:cool02:

Shaka Smart has the backing of Snoop, Spike and apparently Leonardo DiCaprio...The 'U' has no chance what so ever!!!!

Except Norwood hasn't done anything to "rile up the fanbase." What's he supposed to do, come out and quash the rumors as fast as they come out? He got real work to do.

Top Bottom