News on Shaka Smart

This thread is on pace to pass the Tyus Jones thread for views here shortly.

Sounds like KARE 11 is trying to steal our photoshop materials and put them in a piece tonight...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like KARE 11 is trying to steal our photoshop materials and put them in a piece tonight...

Awesome!!!

Over our dead bodies...

Right or wrong, when I think of Grant I equate him with John Pelphrey. Both former Donovan assistants together that did well at mid-majors but then Pelphrey struggled at Arkansas. If we wait longer, would Grant do the same at Alabama.

I assume Flip at A doesn't have Ryan Saunders on the staff and Flip at F does?

Actually Bob, the Flip at A, B, D and F do not have Ryan Saunders on the staff. But the Flip at H might?! If NT thinks he'd be a good assistant, well, I'd just have to hope he was right?

Ryan would be way better than Saul, but I still would prefer he not go that route. So at least you and I can agree about that. So maybe for that reason, I'll hold back my posse for now. lol

Buzz isn't coming here. Period. He has all the important pieces of his current sweet 16 team coming back next year and adds at top 5-10 recruiting class. He also has a great shot at some elite local talent in 2014 (Kevon Loony) and 2015 (Diamond Stone) among others.

Yeah, whoever thinks Minnesota is a better job than Marquette anyways is delusional.

Don't know if this is supposed to be a rhetorical question, but the answer is, 7 NCAA Tournament wins in 3 years, for starters. Besides the really nice recruiting class he has coming in next year, which demonstrates his ability to recruit. All at VCU, which says something. If Tubby had had a third of this accomplishment, he'd still be working here.

Thanks, I don't follow Gopher basketball or basketball in general like everybody else here. The above facts are solid and I agree with numbers like that Tubby would still be here. I am in the camp of waiting for the announcement before I start getting all giddy for the next great thing. IMO, this situation isn't like the Gopher hockey program where their fans expect the best candidate for the job. I would love if it were true for basketball and football but that is not the reality.

John Laser at Richmond confirmed Shaka was in Richmond all day today (march 27th).....Listen to the POD Cast of the interview on 1500espn.....

Seriously considering adding the "Stay Focused" extension to my Chrome Browser.

But do I have enough sack to enable the Nuclear Option?

StayFocusd-Settings-The-Nuclear-Option.jpg

No one asked him anything all day? With all the rumors, you would have thought a quote woulda came out at some point in the day from him the way stuff flies around out there.

Gopher Lady is saying that sources are telling her now that Shaka is staying at VCU. Then again, Gopher Lady also said that a deal had been reached with the next coach of the U, and it doesn't sound like that was accurate.

Gopher Lady is saying that sources are telling her now that Shaka is staying at VCU. Then again, Gopher Lady also said that a deal had been reached with the next coach of the U, and it doesn't sound like that was accurate.

Aww man, I don't wanna see this thread die....

Top Bottom