NEB vs NW Game Thread

Although they have yet to establish any run game.
Neither team seems to have established a run game.

It will be interesting to see how each team reacts when forced to run in future games.

Northwestern trying to make a game of it. Neither team looks all that great but it is game 1.

Hilinski looks pretty good for NW. B1G West could be competitive top to bottom this year.

Closer than I thought it would be so far. Still think NEB ends up winning big but their defense might have some leaks in it.

We'll see if it holds up on replay, but might be a classic NEB shooting themselves in the foot fumble.

a thousand missed tackles from Nebraska today trying to tackle Hull

How are Nebraska fans feeling right now? 14-0 run from NW to end the half

Almost one half of football in, my analysis is either NW is not nearly as bad as I think they are, or Nebraska sucks again. I'm thinking there are elements of both.

The Irish more than likely singing songs in the pubs right now!

Wow! I thought he was down but that was a strange one.

I think it wasn't absolutely clear that the defensive player didn't have the ball before the knee went down so they let the call stand. He could have had his hands on the ball but you couldn't see that view.

College football is better for everyone when Nebraska sucks. We appear to be in for another fun year.

The timeout after the 2nd down play was a mistake - and was done because Frost knows he’s on the hot seat and felt like his team deserved to be up by more… which resulted in them being down.

I think it wasn't absolutely clear that the defensive player didn't have the ball before the knee went down so they let the call stand. He could have had his hands on the ball but you couldn't see that view.

I didn't see it that way....that the review was looking to see whether the defender had the ball *before* the knee went down. I'm not sure that they had a conclusive angle showing that the knee went down in the first place at all. It was close.

So the question in a game like this becomes good offense/qb play or crap defense.....

My gut is that this is more a case of bad defense as opposed to good offense. But time will tell.

Please please please let the halftime score be a sign of what is to come. So much enjoyment watching Nebraska struggle.

Top Bottom