NEB vs NW Game Thread

There are many distractions that happen when teams travel across the Atlantic to play football.
I grant that Northwestern's team lacks the talent that Nebraska's team has on paper, but more focus by a better-coached NWA team may lead to an upset.
Defenses often pull it together faster than offenses. The fighting Fitz's might just pull it off.

Nebraska out gains Northwestern by 200 yards, but the game is still up in the air in the last two mins. Hopefully Northwestern can find a way to let the Huskers beat themselves.

I don't carry the Nebraska hatred that so many of our fans do. I am rooting for NW only because Neb is much more of a threat in the west. That said, I think the Huskers throttle them.

I don't either. They've been down for an extended period of time now so I wouldn't mind seeing them have a little success this year except for the game against us. Plus, in looking at various Big Ten fan sites over the last 3+ years, their fans are some of the most complimentary to our program (Ohio State's fans are another). Going into the 2019 season, their biggest fan site seemed to be the most bullish on our chances of winning the west. Given all of the returning veterans and the easier schedule that season, most of us thought we would have a good record but most of the rest of the league didn't expect that much from us.

Personally, I carry no "hatred" for Nebraska now that Osborne is gone. The team has nice fans, and lots of them. I just don't like Scott Frost. Don't even hate him. Just like to see him, Nebraska's pre-anointed savior, consigned to role of Sisyphus. Having said that, I suspect Nebraska wins in a cakewalk today in Dublin. If Nebraska loses, hoo boy ...

Personally, I carry no "hatred" for Nebraska now that Osborne is gone. The team has nice fans, and lots of them. I just don't like Scott Frost. Don't even hate him. Just like to see him, Nebraska's pre-anointed savior, consigned to role of Sisyphus. Having said that, I suspect Nebraska wins in a cakewalk today in Dublin. If Nebraska loses, hoo boy ...

Sisyphus. Great reference.

Yeah, one would think Nebraska will roll with their talent. On the other hand, Northwestern seems to do the on-year off-year thing. This should be an on-year.

Huskers down Omar Manning this game. That is significant.

This game is eerily similar to last year's week 0 game against Illinois.

They (Neb) lost and that put an immediate damper on the hopes for the season.

If there's going to be any chance for this year to be something, they badly need this win. I hope they don't get it. :)

Casey Thompson is actually a pretty good QB. They will roll NW today.

Last year Nebraska won 56-7.

This year they win 35-17

I’m sure NU will come out try to make a statement as they’re playing for their coach’s ass. They betta win or Frost’s hot seat gets hotter.

Fitz and his Cats will also trying to make a statement and try to start 2022 right as last year was disaster.

Man I hope we play a game overseas someday. What a fun trip.

So far, NE's remaining receivers look pretty good although one let a pass bounce off his hands.
The TD was the only good catch, the other passes were to wide open guys. Casey Thompson looks way better than Martinez.

Northwestern defense looks high school-ish. Never imagined Fitz could show up on those annual hot seat lists.

Northwestern defense looks high school-ish. Never imagined Fitz could show up on those annual hot seat lists.

Is he on hot seat lists? Seems like it should take an extended period of failure to fire the most successful coach in a program's history.

The TD was the only good catch, the other passes were to wide open guys. Casey Thompson looks way better than Martinez.
Thompson isn’t the athlete Martinez is. But he is a more polished, accurate passer. And he makes fewer unforced errors. And Nebraska, via the portal, has assembled a lot of WR talent. Teams will need a serious pass rush to disrupt the Nebraska offense this year.

Threading the needle and holding on to the ball. Well done. NW needed that one.

End of first quarter. Thompson has thrown 10 passes (one purposely tossed OB). Seven completions to six different receivers. No designed QB run plays. Nebraska won’t be as predictable as in Frost years past. Darn.

End of first quarter. Thompson has thrown 10 passes (one purposely tossed OB). Seven completions to six different receivers. No designed QB run plays. Nebraska won’t be as predictable as in Frost years past. Darn.
And one of the incompletes he hit the receiver in the hands. He appears much more accurate than Martinez

Neb looks pretty good to me 🤷‍♂️ gonna have to look out for them for real

Top Bottom