Marcus Carr appreciation thread

Great game Mr. Carr. Timberwolves could really use your services.

I actually yelled out loud at the 3. My husband hates his ball handling, but man, if we would have had time last year- think how different that would have been. A+ last night Marcus, A+

I actually yelled out loud at the 3. My husband hates his ball handling, but man, if we would have had time last year- think how different that would have been. A+ last night Marcus, A+
I was sitting right next to my wife--really close--and I didn't want to injure her including her eardrums, so I ended up doing the most awkward-looking and sounding thing you've ever seen.

Last edited:

Carr's body control going to the rim and his ability to finish really tough layups is so valuable. Great at creating his own shot (even when he misses).

Love his game, moxie, cajones, onions...whatever you wanna call it. He has IT.

Carr's body control going to the rim and his ability to finish really tough layups is so valuable. Great at creating his own shot (even when he misses).

Agree 100% and he really appears to be a great leader on the court

The degree of difficulty of some of his makes is about as high as it can get for a player of his height. He does indeed have that IT quality. So does Mr. Oturu.

Shot selection has improved greatly since the beginning of the season, too. One thing I took away from last night was his ability to handle the pressure and not press. OSU was all over him on the doubles, and he handled them well. A less refined point could get frustrated with the double teams, especially when they got down and then get out of control. Really impressive performance beyond the game winner.

As good as Oturu has been, Carr is my MVP on this team. When he hasn't played well and/or been impactful (DePaul game, Iowa game, last few minutes of the Purdue game, most of the Rutgers game) this team hasn't been the same. In the high points of this year (two Ohio State games in particular) Carr has been terrific.

I think most of us had the Gophers pegged as an NIT team back in November/early December. It sure is fun this time of year to be checking the box scores, standings, and bracketology projections. The Gophers are still relevant heading to the end of January. Carr is a big part of that.

I was sitting right next to my wife--really close--and I didn't want to injure her including her eardrums, so I ended up doing the most awkward-looking and sounding thing you've ever seen.
Can we find it in the book of Kama sutra?

We have a point guard this season who is at least the equal of Nate Mason. Who'd a thunk it? Would be a laugh to go back and look at the posts before season throwing shade on his game, probly wrote a few myself. All expectations exceeded by a lot!

Did anyone notice the timeout toward game's end where the guys were seated and Marcus was animatedly addressing them? Pitino was standing behind Marcus and letting him go. When Carr finished, they all stood up at once and then Pitino moved in and said some words. Hard to overestimate how helpful it must be for the staff to have a guy with those leadership qualities, no wonder Pitino keeps saying how nice it is that he'll be around for 2 1/2 more years.

Top Bottom