Marcus Carr appreciation thread

I see Tre Jones mocked in a bunch of NBA drafts. Not sure he is better than Carr.

Real nice Carr segment on "The Journey" this week on BTN. Did not realize his brother was Duane Notice and made a Final Four with South Carolina a few years back. Good bloodlines.

Man I thought he was the worst gopher pg ever? Lol glad to see him playing well. He's a positive leader as well as producing. Hope he stays around, he's fun to have

Carr and Oturu are playing amazing! If Gabe can get locked back in from 3 this team is going to make a run! Omersa doing a lot of little things, Demir improving, Willis hits some big shots, been really happy with Tre’s defense... This team has been really fun to watch despite the early struggles!

Had the perfect balance tonight of scoring and distribution with some really nice passes

Carr and Oturu are playing amazing! If Gabe can get locked back in from 3 this team is going to make a run! Omersa doing a lot of little things, Demir improving, Willis hits some big shots, been really happy with Tre’s defense... This team has been really fun to watch despite the early struggles!

Not an if, when with Gabe. You saw a great development tonight with him. Missed early shots and attacked the rim under control and defended really well in the 2nd half. Gabe is too good for this to last

I hear that Marcus is taking this hard. No need to pile on. What I've posted here before is what I told my wife and daughter last night: he's a sophomore. By the time he's an upperclassman his game will have matured. Yet more angst about why he wasn't granted eligibility last year--he'd be further along in his development now. We might not get peak Marcus and Daniel O on the same team.

He keeps playing like this, he may leave after next year. Not many guys can create their own shot AND make teammates look good as well. He has a bright future.

Gamer is the word that comes to my mind when thinking of this guy!

Not an if, when with Gabe. You saw a great development tonight with him. Missed early shots and attacked the rim under control and defended really well in the 2nd half. Gabe is too good for this to last
I have been reading this from you for some time now. I agreed.
But wow. It is ugly.

Usually Selection Sunday’s thread tracking the path to the dance is my favorite reoccurring thread, but I think this one wins out this year. The impatience shown early on by the people calling for Isiah Washington and saying Carr is the worst PG in gopher history is incredible. Keep up the good *scratch that* GREAT work Marcus.

Carr is playing so well and what a one two punch with Oturu. Keep it going on the road against a tough Rutgers team!

There are some sissies here who would not give this man credit. You know who you are.
So true. People WAY to quick to stamp him a failure. When I saw him in the scrimmage before last season, he looked like the best player on the court. I was so surprised when he struggled mightily to start this season, and I was getting ready to write him off myself. Now, he looks like the guy I watched in that scrimmage (if not better). We are so lucky to have him! Kudos to coach Pitino for that recruiting win.

As good as Carr and Oturu have been, man do we need a third scoring option. C'mon Gabe.

Gabe had some big shots tonight. He is starting to come around.
He's going to get a lot hotter than that before this season is done. He made some but he still had some real unGabe like shots, an air ball and a shot wide right. He's going to get it.

On some of his shots Carr should be getting extra points for degree of difficulty. It was mentioned before how physical he is going into the lane. In addition to that he extends himself and ends up off balance or even on the floor on a lot of his makes.

Really great all around game. Carr's rebound on the OSU miss before his three was another big play. He led the Gophers in points and rebounds. I thought Willis was steady filling in at PG.

My Saint Christopher medal has been replaced by my Saint Marcus medal on my dashboard.

Top Bottom