Marcus Carr appreciation thread

Spectacular, Marcus!!!

Additionally, this is a nice lesson regarding never listening to sissies that won't enter the ring but will only fling insults. Keep fighting, Marcus!!

Spectacular, Marcus!!!

Additionally, this is a nice lesson regarding never listening to sissies that won't enter the ring but will only fling insults. Keep fighting, Marcus!!

You are a classic internet board putz. A fantastic night for the team and an even better night for the point guard but your first priority is attacking people on this board. Like Marcus Carr is influenced by criticisms written here. Sheesh. Get a life!

For the record, I never criticized the guy once this year even in his bad games because I recognized that he is a gamer and the team needed a guy who does what he does even if it isn't working well. Nevertheless, the last thing I'm thinking about tonight is his critics.

Had to check back in one more time tonight to congratulate this young man for not succumbing to the babbling of sissies. Well done, Marcus!

You're still at it? Do you have a personality disorder or something like that?

I came here to say this. Great game Marcus, but ouch.

Maybe when you get a little older (like me) you'll be more comfortable with your age. Look at it this way. We have a lot more college basketball memories than Marcus.

Marcus has a TON of game. The sample size is now large enough...and some of the shots he makes around the hoop...top 5% stuff for a college PG. What he has been lacking obviously, is consistency. My hope is that MC will adopt the mantra that the PG can never have a bad game and adjust his psyche to avoid the lows.

You are a classic internet board putz. A fantastic night for the team and an even better night for the point guard but your first priority is attacking people on this board. Like Marcus Carr is influenced by criticisms written here. Sheesh. Get a life!

For the record, I never criticized the guy once this year even in his bad games because I recognized that he is a gamer and the team needed a guy who does what he does even if it isn't working well. Nevertheless, the last thing I'm thinking about tonight is his critics.
I have no idea who you are. I've never read a single post by you. My comment was not directed at you.

But if you self-identify as a sissy, so be it. Marcus shouldn't listen to you.

Skol Gophers!

I have no idea who you are. I've never read a single post by you. My comment was not directed at you.

But if you self-identify as a sissy, so be it. Marcus shouldn't listen to you.

Skol Gophers!

I don't care who you are talking to and I didn't take personal offense. I just have a very low tolerance for morons and guttersnipes.

I wonder how much college basketball Carr was exposed to at a young age being from Canada. Seriously thought.

He was spectacular tonight. But we all know this. Loved his attitude.

Maybe when you get a little older (like me) you'll be more comfortable with your age. Look at it this way. We have a lot more college basketball memories than Marcus.
True. And he would have been like 12 when that happened, which is a bit late.

I don't care who you are talking to and I didn't take personal offense. I just have a very low tolerance for morons and guttersnipes.
That makes two of us!

Let's not accept morons and let's not accept bullsh!t sniping. I'll buy beers when we meet.

For now, let's agree that the team and Marcus should not bow to morons or sissies or snipers! (you know who you are.)

Skol Gophers!

That makes two of us!

Let's not accept morons and let's not accept bullsh!t sniping. I'll buy beers when we meet.

For now, let's agree that the team and Marcus should not bow to morons or sissies or snipers! (you know who you are.)

Skol Gophers!
Fair enough! But, I wouldn't say that a warrior like Marcus is bowing to anyone. Cheers!

Obviously, Marcus was the star of tonight. But man, was I happy to see Demir, Jarvis, and Williams playing STRONG all night. Defensive effort was top notch. We now know what this team is capable of. All about consistency now.

Gee, I wonder if Pitino had anything to do with this win?

Marcus was in a zone. All by himself.

Its about time that this finally happened for this team.

Obviously, Marcus was the star of tonight. But man, was I happy to see Demir, Jarvis, and Williams playing STRONG all night. Defensive effort was top notch. We now know what this team is capable of. All about consistency now.

Jarvis is growing before our eyes and I sense leadership potential in him.

Pitino was talking on KFAN on Wednesday how he thought Carr was getting ready to have a big game. He kept talking about his skills. I guess we saw many of those tonight. Great game Marcus !

Pitino was talking on KFAN on Wednesday how he thought Carr was getting ready to have a big game. He kept talking about his skills. I guess we saw many of those tonight. Great game Marcus !

Agreed. I know some may still pine for IW, but we can put that to rest. The right decision was made for all parties. Now its time to stop the Marcus sine wave (4 pts; 24 pts; 2 pts; 35 pts).

The thing to remember is Carr hadn’t played a game in over a year and a half going into the season and 3 of the 5 starters are new. It’s not a surprise he’s been inconsistent so far.

I'm gonna repeat what I've posted twice before in other threads: the kid is still just a sophomore. By the time he's an upperclassman, he won't be dribbling the air out of the ball so much and will have a better feel for hunting his shot versus looking for others' shots. Tonight, though, they needed him to attack the goal off those marvelous ball screens he was getting by virtue of all the attention Oturu gets. This is how the offense can work with Daniel in it, and I hope they can consistently run it this well.

He was excellent. Really impressed with his play and his post game actions. This game totally changed my perspective of the team. I thought Oturu was the only GOOD player on the team. If we see consistency from Carr, Kalshuer, Omersa, etc.. Then we will win some games. Could you imagine if we had a good power forward? Anyhow Marcus Carr is a mensch and it was a memorable game!

Big difference for this team when the intensity is there! Omersa and Williams ramp the intensity up.
Need to have them in there to keep it going.

Nice Job Marcus! You guys are getting better every game. Should be a fun year.

Marcus has been consistently excellent from an assist to turnover ratio and rebounding from the guard position

Top Bottom