It must suck being a Nebraska fan right now

This is hilarious

That's a great rant video! He's pretty articulate. I'll take an exception to his comment about how Nebby should have run the ball straight up the middle vs. Minnesota. Stats alone don't tell the whole story. The Gophs have been decent at times with runs up the middle but have struggled mightily tracking dynamic players in space. I'm guessing that's why Nebby kept feeding the ball to Martinez and Robinson in the run game.

In a credit to the Gophs and staff, their run defense vs. the spread run game looked a little better last Saturday. Nebby has one of the better run offenses in the BG10.

Can you imagine the pre-season hype in Nebraska if it was based upon reality!

Instead of: We are going to win the National Title

Actual: If we win a couple of games we can play Rutgers in the Champions Weeks.

That's a great rant video! He's pretty articulate. I'll take an exception to his comment about how Nebby should have run the ball straight up the middle vs. Minnesota. Stats alone don't tell the whole story. The Gophs have been decent at times with runs up the middle but have struggled mightily tracking dynamic players in space. I'm guessing that's why Nebby kept feeding the ball to Martinez and Robinson in the run game.

In a credit to the Gophs and staff, their run defense vs. the spread run game looked a little better last Saturday. Nebby has one of the better run offenses in the BG10.

Well worth the 15 minutes to watch. Fun to watch him go through the whole spectrum of emotions, anger, sadness, resignation......

His biggest sticking point was the number of players we were down and it is a fair point. He referenced us being down 2 starters on the O-Line, good thing he didn't realize we were actually down 4 starters from what the O-Line could have been coming into the season. :)

The 33 missing players number is a little misleading but we played very well when you factor in the key guys that were missing on both sides of the ball. Definitely a game we can build on going to next year, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

I agree! If they could have somehow studied how Iowa and Michigan ran power outside zone, they could have probably ran roughshod. I am hoping Wisconsin is not able to do that.

This is hilarious

I love Gopher football, but through the many disappointing years we've had I don't think I really let it affect me so much as to make a 15 minute video discussing my displeasure.
I didn't finish the video; I stopped after a couple of minutes. I was worried he was going to cry...or the way he was talking, have some spittle hit the camera. Does either happen?

“This is going to be the Taj Mahal of college football.”
- Joe Salem when the Metrodome opened in 1982

And, Hubert Humphrey famously said "if the Vikings leave Minneapolis it will be nothing but a cold Omaha" or words close to that.

I am going to guess wisconsin will run the same plays they’ve been running for 15 years.

I agree assuming the weather is good. Last year vs. the Gophs in the snow, the Fadgers changed things up on offense and thus thoroughly outcoached Fleck & staff in my opinion.

Saw similar from Auburn fans too after losing to Minnesota.

Guy loves his team and just wants them to do better...

I agree assuming the weather is good. Last year vs. the Gophs in the snow, the Fadgers changed things up on offense and thus thoroughly outcoached Fleck & staff in my opinion.
They really didn’t change things up much.

they hit throws and caught balls

Nebby's "Glory Days" are gone, but they did have a run for a while. From 1981 until 2002 they were continually ranked in the top 25, giving them the record for the longest all-time streak at 348 weeks. Alabama is second, something like 200 straight weeks.

I didn't read this whole thread, but just wanted to comment. The sooner they can get rid of the QB, the better. He is terrible. Should be a running back and let someone else start. Never seen someone so inaccurate. Terrible passer.

I didn't read this whole thread, but just wanted to comment. The sooner they can get rid of the QB, the better. He is terrible. Should be a running back and let someone else start. Never seen someone so inaccurate. Terrible passer.

He certainly did. Coming after two good performances. Not sure if Frost will be able to recruit any top notch H.S. QB or receivers to Lincoln. He ain't getting them up from FLA and they haven't been getting many from TX their long term "hunting grounds" for years now.

They better start scheduling some real patsies in the Non-Conference schedule if they want a shot at 9 or more likely 7-8 wins.

They days of 10-11 wins a season are long past them.

Nebby fans are super happy! They fired a coach that was no less than 9 wins a season and respectable plus. This what they wanted. Hoping their new tradition of futility continues.

In the Big 8? From 1963 to it's end in 1995 the Cornhuskers never lost 2 Conference games. Indeed they had 7 undefeated season and one 6-0-1 year. Why? Because the only great team they faced on a regular basis was Oklahoma.

Those wonderful years, plus the large rosters allowed them to recruit, and keep some fine players. The NFL waited until a kid's class graduated to draft him. That meant NE was playing a lot of Seniors.

When they became part of the Big 12 they rightly chafed at Texas getting the lion's share of the money.

They accepted the Big 10's offer. Their fans bitterly complained about not playing PSU, MI and tOSU because those were the teams they wanted to see. Teams on Nebraska's level. They did well for a handful of years. Then they didn't. Why?

- In the Big Ten even the bad teams can rise-up and beat ya on occasion.

- They lost their recruiting base in TX

- Rosters were shortened and the NFL started taking Jr.s

- Without the guarantee of being on National Television weekly and getting to a New Year's Day Big Bowl on a regular basis the allure of spending the year(s) in Lincoln, NE was gone.

As was the chance of Nebraska being a regular fixture in the race for the National Championship. Their fans though, as attested to this week with their proclamations of "destroying the Gophers!" will never accept the reality of their current, and future, situation.
Rules changes were also a factor.

Osborne took chances on guys that other schools wouldn't, bent the rules, etc.

I think they had a huge steroid program back in the day too (rumors?). Etc.

If 55 year old Osborne teleported from the past to today's Nebraska, zero chance he would be able to replicate the success he had in the Big 8 (as you well noted). They'd suck just as much as they do now.

These days the Head Coach of a Power 5 team has been labeled as more of the CEO of the team and they make so much money, they really are at a CEO level.

Nebraska hired a Phy Ed instructor for this CEO position of Head Football Coach. Frost is a real jock and a fantastic athlete from a dominant era of Husker football but he is rough. Times have changed Huskers, next week tell Frost to skip the hoodie at the Monday press conference.

Last edited:

This is hilarious

LOL!!!

This wins the Gopherhole Rant of the Year Award.

A die-hard Nebby fan, married to a Minnesotan (guessing), lives in MN deep in Gopher Country, and his kid goes to the U of M.

I can almost smell the alcohol off his breath. If I was that passionate as a Nebby fan, I'd go find a tree out in the boondocks or an outhouse and spill my guts out too. 😱

Mitch Leidner...

Last edited:

A few more points to add....

1. The 15 minute video... the guy is passionate but a common theme among Nebraska fans is that they can not give Minnesota credit for being a "decent" team. Last year there was a video of two younger guys ripping Minnesota. "Lose to Minnesota???" It was an 11 win season and they can't seem to take a minute to think... "Well Minnesota has some good players on offense. Solid QB, good running game."
There is NONE of that from Nebraska fans. It's all about how Nebraska made mistakes vs giving credit to MN.

2. Adrian Martinez. He was a highly sought after recruit. He's dynamic. But he can't throw. Could he never throw? I assume in HS he could throw thus a high ranked recruit. I believe Nebraska doesn't have the coaching staff to correct a QB or to ensure they make the QB throw better. Their backup QB doesn't seem to know how to throw a ball either. They are recruiting highly ranked guys, but if they can't throw accurately, or be coached to, does it matter? May as well have Mitch Leidner as QB then.

3. Frost brings no passion and his players match his personality.

I wanna rip on this guy but this isn't much different than my drunken postgame rant to my dog after the Maryland game.
Yeah, me after THE Michigan game.

I was damn near suicidal. I wouldn't have wanted to be standing next to a tree.

Top Bottom