If true we will never see NDSU ever again.....

FCS had 10 wins against FBS teams this past season.

Middle Tenn State 8-4
Idaho 1-11
Memphis 4-8
Pitt 6-7 (1st yr coach)
East. Mich. 2-10
Colorado 1-11
Colorado State 4-8 (NDSU's Signature Win)
UNLV 2-11
Wyoming 4-8
Army 2-10

wait... i thought ndsu beat bama in the de facto NC game???

The B1G is, since 1978, 93-8 (.921) against FCS competition.

Good move to give the fans something better.

I'm ashamed to post this, but we all know misery loves company. Sadly, our beloved Gophs are responsible for 3 of those 8! :cry:

I'm ashamed to post this, but we all know misery loves company. Sadly, our beloved Gophs are responsible for 3 of those 8! :cry:

I think Indiana has 3, NW 1, and Michigan 1.
Interestingly, Coach Kill owns 1 of those from his SIU days beating Indiana.

I think Indiana has 3, NW 1, and Michigan 1.
Interestingly, Coach Kill owns 1 of those from his SIU days beating Indiana.

The record and the teams they beat tells you all you really need to know about FCS vs. Big Ten and how worthless most of those games are. Outside of the shocking App State win over Micihgan FCS teams don't have any wins over top of the conference Big Ten teams. have not looked it up but I would bet the Northwestern game that was won was probably in a below average year for Northwestern and not one of the their championship or upper division years.

The B1G is, since 1978, 93-8 (.921) against FCS competition.

Good move to give the fans something better.

In that same timeframe, the current B1G schools against the following conferences are:

IVY: 2-0 (1.000)
Sun Belt: 27-2 (.931)
MAC: 216-31 (.874)
Big West: 20-3 (.870)
MWC: 22-7 (.759)
CUSA: 31-11 (.738)
SWC: 26-9 (.736)
WAC: 80-32 (.711)

For a grand total of 424-98 (.812)

I wouldn't say the game outcomes vs "MAC level" opponents has been much more enticing, but I would wager to bet the game scores were closer in the MAC contests, on average, than the FCS games.

It is interesting to note that the time span you chose has nearly all the wins in the FCS column in the past decade, which would lend credence to the fact that they are on the upswing in ability to compete with B1G level schools.

In that same timeframe, the current B1G schools against the following conferences are:

IVY: 2-0 (1.000)
Sun Belt: 27-2 (.931)
MAC: 216-31 (.874)
Big West: 20-3 (.870)
MWC: 22-7 (.759)
CUSA: 31-11 (.738)
SWC: 26-9 (.736)
WAC: 80-32 (.711)

For a grand total of 424-98 (.812)

I wouldn't say the game outcomes vs "MAC level" opponents has been much more enticing, but I would wager to bet the game scores were closer in the MAC contests, on average, than the FCS games.

It is interesting to note that the time span you chose has nearly all the wins in the FCS column in the past decade, which would lend credence to the fact that they are on the upswing in ability to compete with B1G level schools.

Playing the FCS is all about "Who" you schedule. There are 120 teams, and bottom 50 are mostly non-scholly and won't give the top of the FCS a game either. I suppose an FCS team could hammer Idaho (like Eastern WA did last year) and say that the the FBS sucks too, but that wouldn't be a very accurate assessment now would it. You have Idaho to Alabama in the FBS. Idaho might make the FCS playoff in a good year.

This is literally what trolls like Herd have been hoping to read here. How dumb.
Now you give them the pat on the head that they so crave, and they'll go back to their bison buddies bragging about how "even gopher fans agree we're lords of the universe"
Good god man.

I'm not sure what you are basing your opinion on.

The reality is the last two contests show that NDSU beat the Gophers and should have had on more W to brag about. As much as I don't like it, I can't deny that fact. NDSU was clearly the better team on those three days.

Give it up man!

I'm not sure what you are basing your opinion on.

The reality is the last two contests show that NDSU beat the Gophers and should have had on more W to brag about. As much as I don't like it, I can't deny that fact. NDSU was clearly the better team on those three days.

Give it up man!

The reality is that two of their best teams beat 1-11 and 3-9 teams.

And why should NDSU have won in 2006? IF they wouldn't have had a penalty, IF they hadn't fumbled, IF they hadn't thrown an interception, IF they hadn't had a kick blocked. But that's part of the game. I could just as well say that Gophers should have won in 2007 and 2011. IF the Gophers hadn't had 10 men on the field, NDSU would have gone 3 and out instead of scoring a TD on third down. IF the Gophers hadn't lined up offsides, NDSU wouldn't have scored their first TD, IF the Gophers hadn't committed a personal foul they might not have scored their second TD and IF there hadn't been a freak play at the end of the first half NDSU wouldn't have scored.

If you want to say that NDSU "should" have won in 2006, then the Gophers "should" have won in 2007 and 2011. They don't "own" the Gophers. Two of their best teams beat two pretty bad Gophers teams.

The reality is that two of their best teams beat 1-11 and 3-9 teams.

And why should NDSU have won in 2006? IF they wouldn't have had a penalty, IF they hadn't fumbled, IF they hadn't thrown an interception, IF they hadn't had a kick blocked. But that's part of the game. I could just as well say that Gophers should have won in 2007 and 2011. IF the Gophers hadn't had 10 men on the field, NDSU would have gone 3 and out instead of scoring a TD on third down. IF the Gophers hadn't lined up offsides, NDSU wouldn't have scored their first TD, IF the Gophers hadn't committed a personal foul they might not have scored their second TD and IF there hadn't been a freak play at the end of the first half NDSU wouldn't have scored.

If you want to say that NDSU "should" have won in 2006, then the Gophers "should" have won in 2007 and 2011. They don't "own" the Gophers. Two of their best teams beat two pretty bad Gophers teams.

OK. I'll play the game and say "could" have one more W to brag about. Hope you feel better now.

I'm not a NDSU fan but the record shows that they beat us two times in a row. And the games weren't really that close. For a NDSU fan, I would imagine that is worth bragging about.

Of course, Gopher fans weren't getting a bit cocky after we had the Pig for two years in a row after finally beating Iowa.

OK. I'll play the game and say "could" have one more W to brag about. Hope you feel better now.

Or you could live in reality and say they lost the game and have nothing to brag about.

Herd = typical buffalo fan who believes their buffalos are relevant in the football world. It really is getting hilarious.

I'm not playing any game. NDSU fans can brag all they want - on Bisonville. In 2007, after the Gophers beat them in basketball, there was a Gopher fan who went over there to talk a little smack. That got shut down in about a day. What the record shows that if NDSU is having an especially good year and if Minnesota is having an especially bad year that NDSU can beat Minnesota. That doesn't translate into "owning" Minnesota.

Bison football = relevance to St. Thomas football and UMD football
Yes it is football. Yes they win. It is not B1G football. It is not D1 football.

Yes it is football. Yes they win. It is not B1G football. It is not D1 football.

+1! Exactly! Thank you!

+2

Looks like we can say goodbye to NDSU. Move on Fargo fans.

I agree lakes. I asked an NDSU student the other day what he was majoring in. He replied, "Pre-Sem". I then asked, "do you mean to tell me that NDSU has a Pre-Seminary Program too.?" He grinned and said, "Nah, Pre-Sem" at NDSU is "Pre-Semination. We are an Agricultural College, ya know."

Don't for a second forget where your food comes from! I am sure for a citidiot like
Yourself its fun to poke fun at farmers.... However being a life long resident of northern Minnesota growing up farming and being fans of both institutions I find this snobbery laughable..... Just pathetic to look down your nose at others that you need

Don't for a second forget where your food comes from! I am sure for a citidiot like
Yourself its fun to poke fun at farmers.... However being a life long resident of northern Minnesota growing up farming and being fans of both institutions I find this snobbery laughable..... Just pathetic to look down your nose at others that you need

Dr. Don lives in the F-M area I believe. So, nice try with the 'citidiot' comment. And, you have to have people to eat your food as well. So, yea.

And not to go too far off topic, but don't most farmers have tractors with auto-steer now? Tell me then, what is it exactly that you do all day other than complain about there being 'too much' or 'not enough' rain? (Sarcasm) :)

Welcome to the cyber world of sarcasm. Jesus Besus, lighten up.

I am well versed in sarcasm the facts are that is the only way gopher football can say anything about bison football is pot shots ..... It's sad the gophers a big 10 member have been weighed and measured by a lowly 1aa team and been found wanting..... So th big mighty gophers who really should have lost all 3 meetings with the bison take pot shots sad state of affairs !!!!

I am well versed in sarcasm the facts are that is the only way gopher football can say anything about bison football is pot shots ..... It's sad the gophers a big 10 member have been weighed and measured by a lowly 1aa team and been found wanting..... So th big mighty gophers who really should have lost all 3 meetings with the bison take pot shots sad state of affairs !!!!

Keep it up, you won't last long here, little one.

Dr. Don lives in the F-M area I believe. So, nice try with the 'citidiot' comment. And, you have to have people to eat your food as well. So, yea.

And not to go too far off topic, but don't most farmers have tractors with auto-steer now? Tell me then, what is it exactly that you do all day other than complain about there being 'too much' or 'not enough' rain? (Sarcasm) :)
Enjoy your hunger strike

Great thread, just needs a little redman.

REDMAN-CHEWING-TOBACCO.jpg

The big mighty Gophers would have forgotten about the Bison by now if not for Bison trolls visiting this board.

I'm sure they are well versed in forgetting .... I'm a Minnesota sports fan you have to be!

Speaking of lifetimes, I'm 44 years old and in my lifetime the Gophers have won zero conference championships. I root for the Gophers when they aren't playing NDSU and hope Coach Kill can continue improving the team.

This is exactly why FCS schools will never be able to have the $$$ available to move up. When your home stadium (FargoDome) has maximum capacity of less than 20K, along with the additional $millions needed for staff, plus the need for a new $500 million stadium, it will never happen in my lifetime.

Great news. I want to see us play teams like Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma and USC. This at least would remove the cattle colleges out of the equation.

Not likely as long as Kill prefers to play Sun Belt and CUSA teams and buy out a contract with the Tar Heels. You seriously think Kill will allow scheduling SEC, PAC12 or Big12 games when he doesn't even want to play an ACC team? You're delusional.

Speaking of lifetimes, I'm 44 years old and in my lifetime the Gophers have won zero conference championships. I root for the Gophers when they aren't playing NDSU and hope Coach Kill can continue improving the team.

That's a weird transition.

Could you explain to us how you being a Gopher fan and them not winning a championship in your lifetime are related?

I'm sure they are well versed in forgetting .... I'm a Minnesota sports fan you have to be!

Are you out of your mind?

Being a MN sports fan is about remembering. Why do you think we always expect the worst?

Top Bottom