Great! Tinsley DUI, Fleeing Police..

Maybe if the whole team were getting arrested for DUIs, theft, armed robbery, aggravated assault, resisting arrest, etc., I would agree with your point. We'll see if Tinsley ever gets charged with a felony, his ONE charge as listed from the Hennepin County Sheriff will likely get plead down. Given that he wasn't even suspended for the first incident, this is probably Tinsley's last strike. As for my buddies, I didn't pay attention to whether they were charged with felonies or misdemeanors; all I know is they did some bad things, as did I, when I was a youngster.

You do realize that the majority of people make it through college and even their whole life without getting arrested even once, much less twice and charged with a felony. So because you knew people that got arrested multiple times it is okay for others to act in the same illegal manner. Whether the charge gets dropped to a misdemeanor or not he is not representing the university well and the opportunities they have given him. If this case involved a little used walk-on player would you have a prblem with the player being dismissed?

Tinsley obviously knows what's on the line. Who wouldn't have ran in his position? He had no choice but run. Too bad he didn't run faster.

Tinsley was drinking and get caught. Fleeing the police was because he knew that if he got caught he had bigger problems than just being a student. Do you expect him to just lay down?

To me this is a case of a person driving a moped under the influence of alcohol nothing more than that. The pressure football players have on them make them do stupid things but to charge him for a felony for fleeing the police is b.s. Because any free thinking human would do the same thing. If you don't have much to lose u don't run.

I REALLY tried my best to just make my post, and walk away...but I can't let this one go.

Tinsley obviously knows what's on the line.

Really? Do you think he did? Because if I knew that my scholarship and future was on the line, I would not drink and drive. I actually have a company car, and if I ever get a DUI, I would lose my job. You know what I do? I don't drink and drive. It's not rocket science.

Fleeing the police was because he knew that if he got caught he had bigger problems than just being a student. Do you expect him to just lay down?

Actually, yes. Had he, he's probably be sitting on a 2 misdemeanors, and why that may seem like the end of the world at the time - I'm guessing he could have taken a slap on the wrist, and been back in no time. By your logic, if you have a lot to lose, it's okay to commit a felony and flee the police.

To me this is a case of a person driving a moped under the influence of alcohol nothing more than that. The pressure football players have on them make them do stupid things but to charge him for a felony for fleeing the police is b.s. Because any free thinking human would do the same thing. If you don't have much to lose u don't run.

This is probably the most illogical part of your argument. Why is the charge of fleeing the police BS? If the reports are accurate (and that's all we have to go off of now), that's exactly what he did - through sidewalks, yards, etc. What else would you like to call it? And if fleeing the police is not against the law, anyone who every got pulled over, robbed, killed, raped, whatever...could just try to run away.

An NO - not "any free thinking human would do the same thing" I know I wouldn't, I'm guessing the majority wouldn't. Which is why we are at our computers to debate this, rather than still being held in jail as Tinsley is.

Jesus Christ. Enough already. I wrote a column about all that crap that has gone wrong this year and was told that this type of thing happens at every program in the nation. Not at this frequency it doesn't. Horrible, horrible offseason and most likely the beginning of the end for Brewster. I like the guy and want him to succeed, but this is getting out of hand.

No, not every one, but a lot. The mindless partying has become an epidemic across the nation. If you think this is a Minnesota thing you're as numb as the guys running away on mopeds. Actually, if it were strictly a Minnesota thing the problem would be a lot easier to solve.

Really? Northwestern has been to more New Years Day Bowls than Minnesota in recent memory. They are as close to pure student athletes as you are going to get in DI.

And I'd like you to find me an MIAC program that does not experience some level of this problem. For heaven's sake, if you're serious about this as a social ill then start looking at the high schools. It's next thing to too late by the time college rolls around.

We're not even in the Top 20 of the Fulmer Cup for 2010 and didn't even register for 2009. I'm not making a joke out of it but it's not time to hit the panic button as an out of control program just yet.
"I'm In Love With A Fringe Team Apologist," or is it team apologist?

I love how gopher god is so hollier than thou yet he cheers for the biggest thug program of all time in Nebraska or at least one of the top two along with Miami.

"I'm In Love With A Fringe Team Apologist," or is it team apologist?

No, just a realist. If the incidents were of the violent nature other programs face, such as murder, rape, battery, aggravated assault and armed robbery, I would definitely sound the alarm. What's going on is more of the drunken stupidity crimes, which i don't condone either but understand they will occur.

Tinsley obviously knows what's on the line. Who wouldn't have ran in his position? He had no choice but run. Too bad he didn't run faster.

Tinsley was drinking and get caught. Fleeing the police was because he knew that if he got caught he had bigger problems than just being a student. Do you expect him to just lay down?

All I can do is laugh at this "logic." Hopefully you are no older than 11 years or we are done as a society.

Last June Calloway was arrested for DUI on moped. What was his punishment Pantherhawk?
Oh, that's Pantherhawk? Maybe you should have used your Jedi powers to prevent Clayborn and James Ferentz from getting arrested down in IC.

Last June Calloway was arrested for DUI on moped. What was his punishment Pantherhawk?

Why do we continually need to look to IA & WI when this stuff happens? Aren't we better than that? I believe the guy from iowa had zero prior incidents, pulled over and was taken to jail.

Oh, that's Pantherhawk? Maybe you should have used your Jedi powers to prevent Clayborn and James Ferentz from getting arrested down in IC.
I'm not, but way to jump on the red herring and attempt to deflect from the matter at hand.

You do realize that the majority of people make it through college and even their whole life without getting arrested even once, much less twice and charged with a felony. So because you knew people that got arrested multiple times it is okay for others to act in the same illegal manner. Whether the charge gets dropped to a misdemeanor or not he is not representing the university well and the opportunities they have given him. If this case involved a little used walk-on player would you have a prblem with the player being dismissed?
You're twisting my statement. If you go back and look, I made the statement that the actions of an individual in a group sometimes do not influence others to make better choices, especially when alcohol is involved. I didn't try to create a moral equivalency, like you suggested I did. Tinsley made a mistake and he deserves punishment for his actions. Let's just leave it at that.

You're twisting my statement. If you go back and look, I made the statement that the actions of an individual in a group sometimes do not influence others to make better choices, especially when alcohol is involved. I didn't try to create a moral equivalency, like you suggested I did. Tinsley made a mistake and he deserves punishment for his actions. Let's just leave it at that.

Just as long as the punishment isn't too severe, right? Maybe running the bleachers at dawn for multiple felonies, since he is after all, just a college kid?

Just as long as the punishment isn't too severe, right? Maybe running the bleachers at dawn for multiple felonies, since he is after all, just a college kid?

Not even gonna feed the troll.

One thing good about playing on a smaller sized team and school (and at a nerd school) is that the captains had a lot more visibility to the idiots and could direct to them to their room when things got out of hand.

I was way too competitive to drink during the season. I needed every leg up I could to compete.

If this isn't a joke, you are as dumb as some football players.

He is facing multiple felonies. No matter how stupid some of your logic may be, he is now in the same situation that Mbwakwe is in. Until this is over, he certainly will not play. If convicted, he is gone. Since he has already had warnings from the team, he may be gone anyways.

No, not every one, but a lot. The mindless partying has become an epidemic across the nation. If you think this is a Minnesota thing you're as numb as the guys running away on mopeds. Actually, if it were strictly a Minnesota thing the problem would be a lot easier to solve.
The "everyone's doing it" defense doesn't fly here. The sad fact is people are very willing to look the other way if the team is winning. This program doesn't need all the negative publicity. They've been the designated whipping boy for the Twin Cities media for decades, do repeated incidents like this make things better or worse for the program? I'll never stop pulling for this team no matter what, but top to bottom, they need to make better decisions.

I love how gopher god is so hollier than thou yet he cheers for the biggest thug program of all time in Nebraska or at least one of the top two along with Miami.

Kudos for trying to deflect the discussion back to me and away from the real problem GT. However, I thnk regardless of program that a kid who has had multiple run-ins should be dismissed and in many instances be dismissed after the first incident when it involves felonies, just my opinion. It really is not that hard or extreme to expect a person to stay out of jail, I hope.

Best case scenario, pleads it down, sits out MTSU, plays against SC. Worst case scenario, gets convicted of a felony or gets discouraged, stops going to class, drops out and transfers. Nothing we can do about it either way.

Brewster already striking out on one of the three areas he needed desperately to improve on this year. Any one incident is not his fault, but repeated occurances reflect on the culture within the program and the coaching staff.

All I know is he better be off the team. Royce White ended up suspended for the entire season for far less.

All I know is he better be off the team. Royce White ended up suspended for the entire season for far less.

Incorrect

I am not defending Tinsley here, but let's assume the recent reports are true that there is not a DWI charge, and also that Tinsley, as a first time offender gets the felony fleeing police pled down to a misdemeanor of some kind. If that is the case Tinsley's crimes pale in comparison to Royce White being busted for theft twice in a week.

Top Bottom