Great! Tinsley DUI, Fleeing Police..

Good effing gravy....

I buy into the 20-year-old-kids-are-stupid argument, but there's got to be a limit, right? This is some serious, serious stuff Tinsley is charged with here...two felonies is no joke. If this is all true, the hammer needs to start coming down hard on our Gopher boozehounds.

great to know you, Hacksaw Gary Tinsley....Wish i could have seen ya play some more. When you get to fall camp at Middle Southern Kentucky Tech in august, Tell Tim Dandrige and Kevin Whaley i said hello, will ya?

Who plays MLB now? Isnt his back up in the dog house too? Is there anyone on this team that isnt a complete retard?

for f#$%s sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was he packing a 2x4?

In all seriousness, he's off the team if this is true. To channel my inner Hawk Harrelson, He Gone.

Two people were seen driving mopeds the wrong way down a one-way street at 1:10 a.m. Sunday, according to the police report, and ordered to stop. After driving through yards and sidewalks, the report said, one of the drivers, later identified as Tinsley, 20, left his moped and fled on foot before University police captured him.

The other driver evaded police.

This brings up the question - who was the other guy that evaded the police? Not an easy task on a moped.

This brings up the question - who was the other guy that evaded the police? Not an easy task on a moped.

The other guy must have been faster then a MLB, so im guessing it was a DB-Which brings up another question

Maybe Brewster is on to something with his 205lbs linebackers??? That way they arent weighed down too much when running from the university cops!

Pewterschmidt - Was he packing a 2x4?

Funny, I just googled "gary tinsley 2x4". That is about the only thing funny about this situation if you are a Gopher football fan these day. If I was Brewster I'd be making a call down to Kirk Ferentz and ask him how he dealt with the numerous malcontents on his team a year ago.

Two people were seen driving mopeds the wrong way down a one-way street at 1:10 a.m. Sunday, according to the police report, and ordered to stop. After driving through yards and sidewalks, the report said, one of the drivers, later identified as Tinsley, 20, left his moped and fled on foot before University police captured him.

The other driver evaded police.

At least we know the other driver wasn't a Gopher running back.

Tinsley has been held out of practice

Nursing a turf toe. Maybe the injury was why he was unable to outrun the law.

Apparently the players are not getting the message so Brewster needs to get their attention. Maybe dismissing more players and at a minimum telling the players that the bars and booze are off limits will get their attention.

Golden Gopher Football, 2010: More arrests than wins!

This is getting embarrassing! Our image suffers by the week it seems like this spring. Just shows that some athletes don't know the opportunity they've been given. Not only do they have the God-given talent to play D1 football, but they are getting a paid education at a great university. I wish I had those opportunities bcuz I had to pay my way through school and and was at best a marginally good athlete that turned down a couple D3 athletic opportunities to focus on my academics. These guys need to start taking this $h!t seriously cuz this is getting sickening! It's to the point where Brewster needs to, as much as I hate saying this, adopt a stricter policy such as what Wisconsin has. You shouldn't get a really get a second chance if you do something as serious as what Tinsley or Whaley did this year. Maybe it should be an immediate suspension until they work towards bettering themselves and proving that they have grown as young men. Missing football related activities completely until they show that they've better themselves as human beings and then and only then should they be allowed back on the team.

How long until the gophers buy a breathalyzer for the football complex and test guys prior to early morning practices?

How long until the gophers buy a breathalyzer for the football complex and test guys prior to early morning practices?

hey gopher god, Lawrence Phillips, Niles Pauls, Thunder Collins, and many others called, they want their fan base back.

I would guess that Tinsley was one of the top 5 (top 10 for sure) guys on this team we could least afford to lose.

Similar thing happened at buckyville in November only they got away and all charges dropped.

In November 2009, a police report shows Harris drew suspicion for ditching a moped in the middle of the street, in the middle of the night, and later lying about it. A UW-Madison police officer said he began following a moped with two persons on it, as a saturday night turned to sunday, but never activated his lights or siren.The report states as soon as the squad got behind the moped, the two men just dropped the moped on Mills Street and ran. Records show police tracked the moped to another Badger, who said it was not stolen, simply loaned to Shelby Harris.

And when investigators caught up with Harris, a report states Harris told them he had attempted to report the moped as stolen, but had been bounced between local police departments and gave up. But the police didn’t. “I urged Harris to be honest with us as to what really happened, telling him we did not believe his story,” an officer wrote. Officers said Harris eventually admitted he was on the moped with a friend, dumped it and ran over being “scared” at the sight of police.

But Harris denied any fright was brought on by drinking and driving. The interview with Harris was many hours after the fact, with apparently no way to determine if alcohol or any other intoxicant could have been a factor in the moped driving.

UW police officers simply dropped the case.

“Ofc…told HARRIS to inform his coach of his actions (,) being completely truthful with his coach.” The same coach who had two players convicted of operating while intoxicated on mopeds in 2008.

We’ve tried to reach Harris to find out if he revealed to coach Bielema what he did, as a redshirt freshman back in Madison, while Bielema and Harris’ teammates were in Bloomington outlasting Indiana, 31-28.

interesting to see what brewster does here considering how much we need him on the team, brewster sure is a great recruiter isnt he? I think the problem is less the players and more what the idiot brewster brings in. I never did, and never will understand what Maturi was ever thinking with this hire and I hope they both go down after this season.

after the air force game I once saw a football player (not going to say who) walk out of Blarneys get on his moped and pass out. It was one of the funniest things I had ever seen.

interesting to see what brewster does here considering how much we need him on the team, brewster sure is a great recruiter isnt he? I think the problem is less the players and more what the idiot brewster brings in. I never did, and never will understand what Maturi was ever thinking with this hire and I hope they both go down after this season.

:banghead:

not surprised

its becoming common place and won't stop at Tinsley.

I love it. This program is always good for some laughs in the off-season.

Top Bottom