GAME #9: Gophers (6-2) v. Florida State (5-2) [ESPNU, 8:30PM]

Love how the team has played tonight. Keep pressuring these guys and they will fold. Florida St. has a lot of athletes but I don't see very many good basketball players. Maybe they're just having an off night.

Mathieu - sooo quick and just a solid overall player. His presence on the court is like a jolt of lightning.

Note Walker's presence during -4 close to the 1st half, and the double digit positive margin with EE on the floor. EE just brings so much more to the game than Mo at this point (excepting outside shooting ability).

Oh Oto. Good lord. Don't ever dribble.

Little Dre needs to get better at knowing when he can and can't try to finish at the rim. This isn't the JUCO level anymore young man.

You might want to rethink how you post, because I've always thought of you to be a very negative poster.

Or are you just "keepin' it real"?

eh, snarky and sarcastic much more than negative. In Walker's case, was just an honest assessment. I was hoping for more after the reports of him dropping so much weight. But his play looks eerily similar to the poor play I saw from him last season, primarily failure to move his legs on D and bad hands on O. Disappointed, leading to negativity there.

B1G Reffin' with Ed Hightower taking over.

Whistle happy refs. 11 fouls in 5 minutes...shesh.

Whistle happy refs. 11 fouls in 5 minutes...shesh.

Ed Hightower farewell tour.

He just wants to make sure that everyone remembers him. And the best way to do that is to be in the spotlight every possession...just like every other game he has ever reffed.

Wally is just not good. Wish Biggs was back in, at least there could be something there.

Speaking of Bobby - one can see him work with players at T-Wolves games prior to tip. He seems as quick as ever.

And we got to see the classic Ed Hightower pose.

If you've got a 1/2 hour to kill:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=3725&t=1884620

Sample:

Hightower-fire.jpg

Dre Hollins is so streaky, even within the same game. When he's off it sure is frustrating because he can't seem to get out of it.

Top Bottom