Four-star Arizona DB Steven Ortiz Jr. commits to the Gophers

Outstanding! Welcome aboard!

4* mean one of the top 100(?) players in the country? Something akin to 2nd/3rd round draft pick?
He’s number 247 overall on rivals. Still, we don’t get many top 300 players.

What a great recruit. It just keeps getting better.

"The more guys I can help recruit to come with me, we’ll build something. I can promise you that. We’re going to have the No. 1 recruiting class in Minnesota history.” - with some of the other guys he's connected to, this really does have a chance to be true.

Remember on signing day when we were trying to fill out classes by stealing MAC recruits?

Fleck's first recruiting class was ranked pretty low (12th I think in the conference) yet here are some of those recruits:

Blaise Andries

Demetrius Douglas

Chris Autman-Bell

Jacob Paulson

John Michael Schmitz

Mohamed Ibrahim

Tanner Morgan

Boye Mafe

Esezi Otemewoe

Not a bad MAC class, don't you think?

Tanner Morgan and Bateman were involved on twitter minutes before the announcement. Avante Dickerson was also involved in the tweeting. That would be too good to be true.
Taking Avante from Neb would just tighten the strings around Frosty's hoodie.

We got a 4 star DB and he did not even visit campus, only had a virtual tour!! That is really remarkable. Maybe he and Buddin are a package deal? PJ is amazing. Go Gophers!

Buddin, Alexander, Ortiz...LETS GO!

We got a 4 star DB and he did not even visit campus, only had a virtual tour!! That is really remarkable. Maybe he and Buddin are a package deal? PJ is amazing. Go Gophers!

That bad news is that this isn't all that likely. The good news is that there is a reason to think that he, another 4-star CB (rivals), and a 4-star WR (composite) who all play 7v7 together are a package deal.

I want to see that virtual tour video that PJ shows recruits! :)

So glad your coming to MN and that you want coach Fleck and staff as your leader, mentor and coach. Welcome to the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Best of luck and health to your future, to your family, friends and all Gopher players. Congratulations Gopher fans and a BIG shout out to PJ and Steve.
Ski-U-Mah ROW THE BOAT LOVE YOU ALL GO GOPHERS

Outstanding! Welcome aboard!

4* mean one of the top 100(?) players in the country? Something akin to 2nd/3rd round draft pick?

There are quite a few 4* every year. The 24/7 composite lists him as #280 in the country overall

I want to see that virtual tour video that PJ shows recruits! :)

I hope it doesn't include a virtual trip to Deja Vu. I think Lydon Murtha was the recruit that somehow got caught up in that ill-fated non-virtual trip to that venue. From what I recall, Murtha wasn't keen on heading down there, but his hosts thought it was an awesome idea.

I hope it doesn't include a virtual trip to Deja Vu. I think Lydon Murtha was the recruit that somehow got caught up in that ill-fated non-virtual trip to that venue. From what I recall, Murtha wasn't keen on heading down there, but his hosts thought it was an awesome idea.

That was one heck of senior class from Hutchinson...Murtha, Nathan Swift and Tony Mortenson

Top Bottom