Fleck

Great post but how many fucking years and how many losses to rivals does he need? He has to grow. Agreed. But he’s had a half decade to grow. He hasn’t. Conservative on 4 and 2 at the goal line. Wildly aggressive from midfield with a bonkers FG. The risk / reward is appallingly out of balance in this dude’s head. It’s like he’s got it all backward. My patience is worn thin. I just can’t with this guy any more.
Neglecting to learn from your signature wins in 2019 sure doesn't feel like a continuation of an upswing. We've essentially reached stall stage on the upswing.

These are emotionally charged posts. I am upset as anyone. But it seems like a lot of people think blowing it up and starting from square one would be the best way forward. That's nonsense. Fleck has taken the team from a bottom dweller to a respectable place. We still have problems.....but these can be fixed given time.

Yeah you are right. We are a little better than the Kill era, overall not as good as the Claeys year. I guess if that is an upswing, then so be it.

Not as good as the tiny sample size of the Claeys year.....where he played with another head coaches team? A totally rational take. Pin it to the top of the board.

That’s what really irritates me. Taking 20 to 25 seconds to run a dam play when you are behind In the 4th quarter. In this situation PJ still hasn’t learned that Iowa wasn’t the enemy, the clock was. When will he learn???
The slow play calling and the high schoolish looking at the sideline to call a play has one intention. Fleck is trying to portray that he's making quick in game, play calling decisions.

In reality, it's a display that you don't know what the hell you're doing and it makes the team look indecisive.

I will bet a good sum of $$$ that the fans inside Kinnick were absolutely shocked when Fleck chose to attempt a 50+yd field goal in the 4thQ. Especially from that distance with a chance to pin Iowa inside the 10 yard line with that much time on the clock.

This is it for me. Fleck isn't perfect, but every coach makes bad decision from time to time. For me he's FAR down the list of problems today. Morgan is squarely at the top which is sad. He was B-A-D today. The passing game is ruined. Who's to blame going back to the time of Sanford's hire is up for debate, but today it was Morgan. Sanford called a good game and had a nice plan that should've been enough to win. I'd have no problem with him moving along after this year though...
He made a couple of good throws, but the rest were just awful.

Something is very off with him and it is painfully obvious. Letting him try to play through it is going to end up costing this team a shot to finally get over the hump.

Continuing to trot him out there is not doing anybody any good, least of all Morgan. He needs to sit and clear his head.

Well, we did lose at home to the worst team in the FBS. With very veteran team. Sooooo…..

How many losses to bad FBS teams and FCS teams did we have in the tenures between Mason and Fleck? I've been very critical of what's happened these past few years. But it's been a long time since the Gophers have been mostly competitive. Anyone remember 55-0?

Not as good as the tiny sample size of the Claeys year.....where he played with another head coaches team? A totally rational take. Pin it to the top of the board.

This why I don't like to argue with the groupies. The wins and losses and facts are clouded by how to say it...a little puppy love for the PJ.

And by the way love bug, PJ got more than a little help in his big year from Kill's NFL recruits.

These are emotionally charged posts. I am upset as anyone. But it seems like a lot of people think blowing it up and starting from square one would be the best way forward. That's nonsense. Fleck has taken the team from a bottom dweller to a respectable place. We still have problems.....but these can be fixed given time.
One big correction. Minnesota wasn't anywhere close to being a "bottom dweller" when he arrived. Is that how you justify Fleck's record of only one good season in the five years he's been here?

Given the recruiting rankings, the trend isn't up, imo. Unless PJ finds about a dozen portal guys to come in and be major contributors from Day 1. We have good running backs, but the OLine looks like a huge problem for next season.

The biggest thing going forward is that expectations should be REALLY low for 2022.

The slow play calling and the high schoolish looking at the sideline to call a play has one intention. Fleck is trying to portray that he's making quick in game, play calling decisions.

In reality, it's a display that you don't know what the hell you're doing and it makes the team look indecisive.

This is wrong. You can see that audibles are being called at times. Not super often....but it does happen. Doesn't excuse running the clock down to nothing when we are down and time is at a premium.

This is wrong. You can see that audibles are being called at times. Not super often....but it does happen. Doesn't excuse running the clock down to nothing when we are down and time is at a premium.
The "delay of game" penalties are inexcusable. That's a sign of confusion and indecisiveness.

Fleck didn't succeed Brewster or Wacker.

This why I don't like to argue with the groupies. The wins and losses and facts are clouded by how to say it...a little puppy love for the PJ.

And by the way love bug, PJ got more than a little help in his big year from Kill's NFL recruits.

We get it. We should have never gotten rid of Murray Warmath. He should be zombie coach on the sidelines. Look at all the success that we've had in between then and now! The first ten win season in forever and New Years Day bowl win against a recent NC program is not good enough for the goldfish. Please take us back to the one year of Clayes....where we also lost to both Iowa and Wisconsin....but also lost our other two trophy games to Penn State and Nebraska. Hooray for the sunny days back then.

We get it. We should have never gotten rid of Murray Warmath. He should be zombie coach on the sidelines. Look at all the success that we've had in between then and now! The first ten win season in forever and New Years Day bowl win against a recent NC program is not good enough for the goldfish. Please take us back to the one year of Clayes....where we also lost to both Iowa and Wisconsin....but also lost our other two trophy games to Penn State and Nebraska. Hooray for the sunny days back then.

As I mentioned the failure to learn from what worked against Auburn is why we are where we are today.

Fleck didn't succeed Brewster or Wacker.

Don't see a point here.

It is a waste of time to argue with stocker. There is way too much emotion there is have a rational conversation.

I'm not the one whining about how we need to blow things up and start from square one. That's an emotionally charged stance one someone (you) who needs to be burped and then put down for a nap by mommy.

As I mentioned the failure to learn from what worked against Auburn is why we are where we are today.

Have you bothered to see anything that I've posted this evening? I've been very critical of Fleck and the staff. I'm just not on the 'jump off a cliff' team.

Fleck isn’t that bad but his game is not working at the Big 10! level. Rowing the boat and superior culture are not winning strategies and are not much more than a gimmick. Ever hear that crap out of Ryan Day’s mouth? For the Gophers to be a consistent contender, they need a major upgrade in assistants plus more aggressive recruiting. Great coaching and a reputation for player development are major draws when recruiting 4 stars and up. Minnesota just doesn’t have the horses to consistently compete at the top level of the Big 10 in this era.

Have you bothered to see anything that I've posted this evening? I've been very critical of Fleck and the staff. I'm just not on the 'jump off a cliff' team.
I'm not fire Fleck, just insane imo, but I am fire Sanford and get the offense figured out.

You think Fleck really cares?

He's probably laughing his ass off on the way to Huntington Bank as he deposits his monthly paycheck somewhere in the range of $400,000+ each and every month.

Of course that's before we calculate his latest pay raise.

So we're back to rock bottom? Want to rethink that....or do you want to stick with it?
You said "Fleck has taken the team from a bottom dweller to a respectable place". That would be Mason and Kill. Fleck has kept us on that playing field with an above Mason/Kill in 2019 despite losing to Iowa/Wisc.

I'm not fire Fleck, just insane imo, but I am fire Sanford and get the offense figured out.

I'm with you.

You said "Fleck has taken the team from a bottom dweller to a respectable place". That would be Mason and Kill.

Fair. Kill definitely made this team more competitive. But I still think that Fleck in his short tenure....has elevated the ceiling.

I'm with you.

Fair. Kill definitely made this team more competitive. But I still think that Fleck in his short tenure....has elevated the ceiling.
I think we reached some agreement, get the offense solved and maybe we can consistently go back and forth with Iowa/Wisc.

Don't see a point here.

I'm not the one whining about how we need to blow things up and start from square one. That's an emotionally charged stance one someone (you) who needs to be burped and then put down for a nap by mommy.

Well if you noticed, I haven't called for Fleck's head. I like him and want him to succeed. It is your delusion I am arguing against. He is what we got and it ain't changing anytime soon, but pretending this team is at a level different than any of our coaches(minus Brewster) is just what we WANT it to be not what it is. You have a good night stocker.

The Indiana game next week should be a perfect time to start someone other than Morgan.

Well if you noticed, I haven't called for Fleck's head. I like him and want him to succeed. It is your delusion I am arguing against. He is what we got and it ain't changing anytime soon, but pretending this team is at a level different than any of our coaches(minus Brewster) is just what we WANT it to be not what it is. You have a good night stocker.

Ah....so you didn't argue that Fleck hasn't provided an uptick? Huh....it's weird....because I think that's exactly what you did. Right....not a big enough uptick.....so your bitching and moaning was completely warranted.

You sleep well.

It looks like the majority here feel Coyle made a gigantic blunder extending the contract.

We need to hope and pray that Fleck has another 2019 type season so that another school takes him off our hands?

Then again, I used to believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too.

Let's face reality, Gopher football is stuck with this guy for 7 more years. Maybe the Detroit Lions?

Ah....so you didn't argue that Fleck hasn't provided an uptick? Huh....it's weird....because I think that's exactly what you did. Right....not a big enough uptick.....so your bitching and moaning was completely warranted.

You sleep well.

Yes well stated. That is exactly what I am saying. It has not been an uptick, let alone a significant one. Let's hope we make that jump.

Yes well stated. That is exactly what I am saying. It has not been an uptick, let alone a significant one. Let's hope we make that jump.

Guess numbers don't matter. 46% is worse than 40%.

Everyone take notice. We have a new concept of numbers here.

His own stubbornness is causing his undoing. He made a bad OC hire and won't fix it. And he's got a broken QB and won't try any of his capable back-ups.
He chose poorly.

Top Bottom