Fire PJ immediately please

This could be just 1 bad year. He can still turn it around next year.

There's a sixty year history of Gopher football that suggests that there's a limit to the potential here and I think Fleck has reached that. We haven't had a coach that gets this much out the players that are willing to come to UM since Murray Warmath and Warmath coached before The Cities became a pro town and top players avoided us. Keep Fleck and enjoy the level we're at.
I would say Lou Holtz did better. I honestly believe if he had stayed at the U he would have made them a national power. What I don’t understand is why can Wisconsin and Iowa get good players but the Gophers remain average. NIL might have changed the landscape but I would love to see the Gophers be consistently one of the top teams in college football.

Want Fleck Fired? Who would you realistically hire to replace him?
Such flawed logic.
The job pays $6 million a year for starters, but even if you assume not a single good coach would want a $6 million a year job, wouldn’t that mean Fleck himself is not a coach.

Can’t argue: a) Fleck is a good coach and B) no good coach would come to MN

Any counter arguments?
After today’s snooze fest against Louisiana, it’s time to fire Harbaugh as offensive coordinator. I know PJ may call the ultimate shots, but Simon needs to be the guy and the only one offensive coordinator. We don’t need to go back to the days of Mike Sanford.

After today’s snooze fest against Louisiana, it’s time to fire Harbaugh as offensive coordinator. I know PJ may call the ultimate shots, but Simon needs to be the guy and the only one offensive coordinator. We don’t need to go back to the days of Mike Sanford.
Yep, after watching Simon’s WR group dominate for the past few years, I’m ready to hand the whole offense over to him.

Yep, after watching Simon’s WR group dominate for the past few years, I’m ready to hand the whole offense over to him.
You just made my point. Why would you come here if you’re not gonna throw the ball in the first place? Run the ball 40 times game and you’re not gonna get elite wide receivers. Game, set, and match.

You just made my point. Why would you come here if you’re not gonna throw the ball in the first place? Run the ball 40 times game and you’re not gonna get elite wide receivers. Game, set, and match.
If Matt Simon is clearly the answer then
A. PJ is apparently so incompetent that he can’t see what’s right under his nose. His coaching track record makes me think this is not the case.
B. Surely some other P5 or G5 team would have stolen him away by now, no?

Some guys just aren’t coordinator material. Simon might be one of those guys.

Makes no difference who the OC is as long as our offensive line coach continues to steal money from the U. I wouldn’t hire him to coach my sons high school team let alone a B1G team.

If we can only lose by 30 to Michigan would be a miracle. The offense is 1960's . Run 80% of the time and throw passes that most high schools throw. The defense is slow. Not elite

If we can only lose by 30 to Michigan would be a miracle. The offense is 1960's . Run 80% of the time and throw passes that most high schools throw. The defense is slow. Not elite
We have thrown the ball on 41% of plays this year, and that doesn’t account for pass plays that turned into runs. Why do people make things up that can be so easily proven false?

I would say Lou Holtz did better. I honestly believe if he had stayed at the U he would have made them a national power. What I don’t understand is why can Wisconsin and Iowa get good players but the Gophers remain average. NIL might have changed the landscape but I would love to see the Gophers be consistently one of the top teams in college football.
There are no pro teams in Madison nor Iowa City. Fans' and media attention are undiluted. Blue chip recruits want to be on page 1. The Gophers outperformed and out-recruited both UW and UI until 1961 when the Vikings (and Twins) came to the TCs and the Gopher decline vis-a-vis those two programs began. Besides not having pro teams (Vikings, Twins, TWolves, Wild, Lynx) sucking attention and dollars away from the college teams, those two Universities are in college towns with college atmospheres while the Gophers are in a metro area with a sagging reputation.

Some guys just aren’t coordinator material.

But who unquestionably is, is that guy who called the offense for the Outback Bowl against Auburn. That guy called a hell of a game and most definitely is coordinator material.

I don’t know what he’s up to these day, but I wonder if he’d consider the coordinator job here??

Top Bottom