Eric Curry

Potentially a huge move. Can exponentially increase Thompson's effectiveness. The body replaces its cells (except for the nervous system) every 3 to 9 months depending on the organ or body part. They are not letting Curry back with the expecttion of yet another injury. I've have gone from needing hip and knee replacement to fully mobile in a year and a half.
As a guy who has had both a successful knee and hip replacement and been able to, once again, become fairly active, I'm very curious as to what exactly you did to negate the bone on bone issues that usually result in the eventual replacement of those joints. By active, I can do some light jogging, couple thousand miles on the bike, climb steps and hike in the foothills with-out issues.

I had a surgery to remove a quarter-sized piece of cartilage in the mid-90''s in the knee that I have not needed to replace. At the time, the surgeon put me on crutches for 6 weeks. The idea was to keep my weight off the knee because, although he thought I might be too old for it to happen, sometimes the body in younger people will actually create sort-of a replacement cushion-like substance in that area of the knee that might alleviate some of the damage. Unfortunately, it didn't work, but I felt it was worth a try.

In any case, curious as to what you did or did not do to avoid replacements.

Sorry to roll so far off the original subject here.

How many centers go for 20 + on the Gophers this year?

minutes or points? with the current roster I'm thinking none for either. Center by committee

He means how many opposing Centers will score 20+ against the Gophers. I would suspect at least a few - although basketball at all levels is moving away from the traditional Center/post player and toward more mobile players with position flexibility.

the 'back-to-the-basket' Center is going the way of the dinosaurs.

My bad. I meant how many opposing centers score 20 +.
if they can shoot FT well, maybe many. If Charlie Daniels has to play 8 minutes a game, that might mean 10 free throws for an opposing center

He means how many opposing Centers will score 20+ against the Gophers. I would suspect at least a few - although basketball at all levels is moving away from the traditional Center/post player and toward more mobile players with position flexibility.

the 'back-to-the-basket' Center is going the way of the dinosaurs.
Well we are a modern basketball team then, because we don't have one.

Yeah, my knees have been bothering me for awhile now. I just don't have the lift I once........oh, shoot! This is an Eric Curry thread. Thought I was on Teladoc. Sorry.

Purdue also has that 7' 4" kid. I'm pretty sure Cockburn is not returning to the Illini. Maryland has a transfer from Georgetown that looks to be good.
Cockburn is in the portal but sounds like a reasonable chance he returns.

Dickinson was a 20 year old freshman. He will be 21 in November

If Eric starts a single game looking anything like he did last year, this offseason will have been a colossal failure. Nothing against Eric, but him playing this year was literally a joke on this board 2 months ago.

If Eric starts a single game looking anything like he did last year, this offseason will have been a colossal failure. Nothing against Eric, but him playing this year was literally a joke on this board 2 months ago.
I expect him to be the starting center in game 1. Whether he looks any better...we'll see.

Here's to hoping Cockburn doesn't return to Illinois. If he does, he scores 40+ on the Gophers. Other than Dickerson at UM, I can't pinpoint a big that would make me nervous, but perhaps I am missing someone.
I don't think of Williams at Purdue as a big, but he can dominate us.

I expect him to be the starting center in game 1. Whether he looks any better...we'll see.
He will need to look an impossibly greater amount better. He had already retired because he knew he didn't have enough left to play.

Here's to hoping Cockburn doesn't return to Illinois. If he does, he scores 40+ on the Gophers. Other than Dickerson at UM, I can't pinpoint a big that would make me nervous, but perhaps I am missing someone.
I don't think of Williams at Purdue as a big, but he can dominate us.
Zach Edy at Purdue will be improved this year. He will give us trouble.

Curry’s strength certainly was not defense last year. Somebody else needs to defend the post or OR somebody else is a much better teacher of post defense if Curry is effective.

We got 18 fouls to give at the c position this year . Can we make em last a whole game???

Not shocking. Curry and Willis are buddies going back to their HS days.

I'm guessing that one called the other and said "let's play one last season together."

And, in a practical sense, it gives the roster some size and experience. Curry can be a solid contributor as a veteran guy who can play 10-15 minutes a game. I just don't think it's fair to expect more than that.

but, it does help the 21-22 roster. Now if the Gophers can just land one more big man..................
Losing Liam Robinson is a gut punch. Losing Both Gach is a stubbed toe. If we could have one of these two back, it would have helped a lot.

I'm 65 and I haven't lost a thing.

You can't lose what you never had.

(actually, after my heart attack, I'm eating healthy and getting a lot more exercise, so I'm probably in better overall shape at 65 than I was at 40 or 50.)

Top Bottom