Eric Curry

Minnesota sports were last great in the era of the Player/Coach, so why not give it a try?

Not shocking. Curry and Willis are buddies going back to their HS days.

I'm guessing that one called the other and said "let's play one last season together."

And, in a practical sense, it gives the roster some size and experience. Curry can be a solid contributor as a veteran guy who can play 10-15 minutes a game. I just don't think it's fair to expect more than that.

but, it does help the 21-22 roster. Now if the Gophers can just land one more big man..................

Never say no to Curry. Injuries wrecked his very promising career. He was a on a path to make an All Big-Ten team and get paid by somebody to play ball.

He fought through a lot of adversity and stuck with the Gophers. I'll look forward to him playing 10-15 minutes each time out.

Not shocking. Curry and Willis are buddies going back to their HS days.

I'm guessing that one called the other and said "let's play one last season together."

And, in a practical sense, it gives the roster some size and experience. Curry can be a solid contributor as a veteran guy who can play 10-15 minutes a game. I just don't think it's fair to expect more than that.

but, it does help the 21-22 roster. Now if the Gophers can just land one more big man..................
Do you think landing one more big man really improves this team? For it to matter it would need to be peak Bill Walton

We have the spots and we need bigs. Don't really see any downside to this one. Hopefully he is even a bit healthier and quicker than last season.
First off Curry seems like a GREAT kid, one you definitely want in and around your program. On a personal level I'm very happy for him.

But if I'm being honest, I see this as a failure. Curry is clearly not anything close to what his fr year showed and medically retired. Now months into Johnsons first year, we are whiffing so bad on every target that we essentially need to talk Curry out of quitting because our post spot is so bleak? Again, we seem to be taking every fall back option. Outside of Battle who was a super high priority that we beat anyone of note for? I kept hearing "just wait for July 7th" we will pick up all kinds of guys! So far we picked up 1 who was ready to never play CBB again. #underwhelemed

Didn’t Oto O. retire for health reasons about mid-way through the 2013-2014 year only to reappear in the NIT semis/finals?

Yes, played most of the semifinal when Joey King got into early foul trouble. Played a few minutes in the final too.

It’s very rare to graduate from college and then be eligible for Social Security benefits within 2 years.

With his terrible luck regarding injuries, I hope he’s able to carve out a long career in coaching…get it done, EC!

In my opinion Curry was/is out of poition when playing the 5, he can fill in there but will be most effective as a 4. Hopefully they see him mostly helping at the 4 and the 5 as needed but I am glad to see him helping out as a player too this year.

In my opinion Curry was/is out of poition when playing the 5, he can fill in there but will be most effective as a 4. Hopefully they see him mostly helping at the 4 and the 5 as needed but I am glad to see him helping out as a player too this year.
Who on the roster will play the 5 while Curry plays the 4?

Absolutely not, EC looks slow while playing the 5, using him at the 4 would be a complete disaster

Hmmmm.... So we can't even get a grad transfer... Instead we got to ride the bus with the broken axels...

If this is the only route... It could be much worse I will say that

LOL But of course. With Willis back on the team, Ben recruiting him to the U, needing help in the front court - it makes sense. I hope it works out for all! EC deserves to have a good and healthy season.

Good kid, awful basketball player now....If he is forced into signficant playing time this year the gophers will not win a B10 game.

First off Curry seems like a GREAT kid, one you definitely want in and around your program. On a personal level I'm very happy for him.

But if I'm being honest, I see this as a failure. Curry is clearly not anything close to what his fr year showed and medically retired. Now months into Johnsons first year, we are whiffing so bad on every target that we essentially need to talk Curry out of quitting because our post spot is so bleak? Again, we seem to be taking every fall back option. Outside of Battle who was a super high priority that we beat anyone of note for? I kept hearing "just wait for July 7th" we will pick up all kinds of guys! So far we picked up 1 who was ready to never play CBB again. #underwhelemed
It’s literally no cost to us. He doesn’t cost us on scholarship count as it’s free due to covid. Hes a smart and high character guy who was going to be a grad assistant and be around anyways. This doesn’t need to sway the needle forward much for anyone, but it really should be impossible to sway it the other way. It’s not like he is going to detour someone else from signing here if they wanted too. Really a no lose deal here

It’s literally no cost to us. He doesn’t cost us on scholarship count as it’s free due to covid. Hes a smart and high character guy who was going to be a grad assistant and be around anyways. This doesn’t need to sway the needle forward much for anyone, but it really should be impossible to sway it the other way. It’s not like he is going to detour someone else from signing here if they wanted too. Really a no lose deal here
Yep. We obviously were not going to fill a roster with capable players. I hope we get a big yet (Manley?). Eric could actually be more mobile than last year- another year past the surgery and he has experience to work with a kid like Thompson. I hope he has a rewarding year.

Top Bottom