Drew Peterson opens his recruitment, decommits from Minnesota

Some see the glass as half empty in life. Some see the glass as half full. You are the former, and that's fine. Personally, I'm always going into a season optimistic. College basketball is simply more fun that way. Does that mean I accept consistent mediocrity? No. What get people riled up about your posts is that you don't contribute to any thread. All you do is bash the program, the coach, the players, and now the fans. I've seen you take fun threads, and do your absolute best to sabotage them.

I hope you can approve of the product on the court again someday, but until then, lighten up.
SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS, IS YOUR WHOLE LIFE ABOUT SPORTS?! :ROFLMAO:

Some see the glass as half empty in life. Some see the glass as half full. You are the former, and that's fine. Personally, I'm always going into a season optimistic. College basketball is simply more fun that way. Does that mean I accept consistent mediocrity? No. What get people riled up about your posts is that you don't contribute to any thread. All you do is bash the program, the coach, the players, and now the fans. I've seen you take fun threads, and do your absolute best to sabotage them.

I hope you can approve of the product on the court again someday, but until then, lighten up.
What about people that are very optimistic about really living, full experiences but are comfortable being a realist, Hoping for the best but seeing the actual results no matter what they may be. Often people confuse what they want to be true with what is true.

What about people that are very optimistic about really living, full experiences but are comfortable being a realist, Hoping for the best but seeing the actual results no matter what they may be. Often people confuse what they want to be true with what is true.
No one here is putting pitino on a pedestal as if he should receive a 10 yr extension. We all know he is on an extremely hot seat and will likely be fired after the coming season unless we see major results from the program. Unless someone donates 5 million to the ad specifically for buying out the current coach and hiring his replacement, pitino will be the coach. The point is move on until he is replaced or contribute something other than pitino sucks.

There's a difference between being realistic for this upcoming season and bashing the team/players before they've played a single minute this season. A pretty fine line actually... what kind of fan instantly writes off our team in MAY?

There's a difference between being realistic for this upcoming season and bashing the team/players before they've played a single minute this season. A pretty fine line actually... what kind of fan instantly writes off our team in MAY?
Personally it makes no sense to write off a team in May. I have seen coaches win conference titles when teams were picked 12th.

I have disdain for the mediocrity. The apathy. The apologists too weak minded to demand better. The inability of "fans" to see past their own unearned optimism, like Charlie Browns charging toward that football year after year, somehow managing to make themselves believe that this year, well this year Lucy wont pull that football away. Small minded fans who think that an occasional trip into the top half of the conference, and/or a rare and short NCAA trip is all this program is capable of.

I have disdain for those of you looking at this coach, this team, and talking as if there's something there.

I love Gopher basketball. I was at Williams Arena before many of you were born. Listening on my little battery powered transistor radio on dark winter nights.

Pitino is a problem. You're a problem.

I'm not the problem.
Nice Charlie Brown reference. I’m not a problem either as we agree on a change in leadership. I’m annoyed but can see why we didn’t get a new coach this year.
I appreciate you explaining that you want to combat anyone that is an optimist, but I still don’t think any optimist here will save Pitino. Coyle is very competent and doesn’t rely on our opinions lol.

I have disdain for the mediocrity. The apathy. The apologists too weak minded to demand better. The inability of "fans" to see past their own unearned optimism, like Charlie Browns charging toward that football year after year, somehow managing to make themselves believe that this year, well this year Lucy wont pull that football away. Small minded fans who think that an occasional trip into the top half of the conference, and/or a rare and short NCAA trip is all this program is capable of.

I have disdain for those of you looking at this coach, this team, and talking as if there's something there.

I love Gopher basketball. I was at Williams Arena before many of you were born. Listening on my little battery powered transistor radio on dark winter nights.

Pitino is a problem. You're a problem.

I'm not the problem.
I have a disdain for people who are habitually too stupid and small minded to discern the proper thread for their fire Pitino rants. They have become disheartened with their own life and its failures and find it necessary to project their disdain for themselves by posting weak minded rants on message boards. These poor psychologically damaged individuals will often post their garbage in unrelated threads.... pathetically crying out for attention they are lacking in their offline lives.

I have a disdain for people who are habitually too stupid and small minded to discern the proper thread for their fire Pitino rants. They have become disheartened with their own life and its failures and find it necessary to project their disdain for themselves by posting weak minded rants on message boards. These poor psychologically damaged individuals will often post their garbage in unrelated threads.... pathetically crying out for attention they are lacking in their offline lives.

This is a great summary.

Another perfect example of how the Pitino rants get in the way of discussing various topics. Please take it over to the threads for the anti-Pitino discussions. Just glad I have many of those posters on ignore.

Your "Troll" is showing. When you talk about our squad and use the word "you" instead of "we" or even "they" you're showing a disconnect from our team. You tried to recover in your last paragraph, but too little, too late.

Get real dude. I have been a fan for a long time. Just because I chose to be real about what type of players you have here, you get mad.

Hope all you want, but if you are fighting bottom barrel power 5s for your recruits and your coaching staff hasn't been able to build a culture of success out of less talented players, you are in for middle of the pack.
Beat out NC for a recruit, beat out Michigan State, steal a guy Maryland wants. Then I will say you did a great job in recruiting. If not, you are getting recruits that would go to your school no matter who the coach is.
Look at PJ, he is beating out SEC schools for guys. Taking RBs from schools to easily send 1st round picks every year(Wisc). I am just real with what I post. If a kids best offer is from a middling type team, then most likely, they aren't going to be that difference maker unless you can coach them, flat out.

Get real dude. I have been a fan for a long time. Just because I chose to be real about what type of players you have here, you get mad.

Hope all you want, but if you are fighting bottom barrel power 5s for your recruits and your coaching staff hasn't been able to build a culture of success out of less talented players, you are in for middle of the pack.
Beat out NC for a recruit, beat out Michigan State, steal a guy Maryland wants. Then I will say you did a great job in recruiting. If not, you are getting recruits that would go to your school no matter who the coach is.
Look at PJ, he is beating out SEC schools for guys. Taking RBs from schools to easily send 1st round picks every year(Wisc). I am just real with what I post. If a kids best offer is from a middling type team, then most likely, they aren't going to be that difference maker unless you can coach them, flat out.
He did get:

Jordan Murphy-Maryland
Nate Mason-Virginia
Daniel Oturu-Kansas
Amir Coffey-Arizona-Michigan st

Not sure how much those other schools were pushing to get those players but they did have offers from those schools. These were just a few that came to mind.

He did get:

Jordan Murphy-Maryland
Nate Mason-Virginia
Daniel Oturu-Kansas

Not sure how much those other schools were pushing to get those players but they did have offers from those schools. These were just a few that came to mind.

And look at what those guys ended up being. That is exactly my point. If we are all happy to get a kid that's offer list isn't impressive, then flat out, the kid isn't impressive most times. Beat out the big boys or successful programs for kids, then you are doing a good job. If not, it's status quo.

Is Drew Petersen still in jail or did he get out of his conviction?

He did get:

Jordan Murphy-Maryland
Nate Mason-Virginia
Daniel Oturu-Kansas

He flat out got Mason over UVA. All their offers are clear, just straight forward about opportunity and expectations. Coffey and Oturu were staying home but credit where credit is due. Murphy was timing. Maryland full, still credit due. Has to be measured at who we lost to those schools as well. The killer is after getting those guys we still did not win anything special.

Easy, big fella! I was mostly joking. I was responding to your string of posts that seemed to be raging away indiscriminately at everything and everyone but Carr and maybe Robbins. The current roster needs someone who can provide quality minutes on the perimeter. Even a guy like Peterson (who I like more than you do, but don't think he's the savior) would be a huge boost to our depth. I think we learned that our starters could use a break every now and then.

Not every player is recruited to be a future star. Even the blue bloods add the occasional 3 star guy who fits their system to round out the roster. I wish our Gophers were at the point where they could expect to regularly pick from the top 4 and 5 star guys at will, but I think you'll agree that we're not there. Given our current circumstances, adding a guy who can contribute would be great. I wish we'd have had more recruiting success earlier, but here we are. Who is available that you believe could have a major impact?

When is Peterson going to sign with a team? What is the big hold up? I think there might be an opening at Duke he is waiting for

PP says he signed with USC. If Enfield is still there he's not really had much of a run.

Even the local kids know the program is in shambles. When 17 yr olds are seeing it more clearly than most.....

Not sure I can ever blame anyone from MN for deciding to going to a southern school in a major conference

Something tells me that, besides the weather, the style of play in the Pac-12 probably matches up better with what he can and likes to do better than the Big-10. Of course, he has to live in LA (ugh). I know that many of the posters, including me, had serious concerns about his ability to defend and basically hold up under the Big 10 grind. I don't think that will be as much of a concern for him at USC.

It's also possible there are specific academic concerns or goals, that none of us know about, that may have made him take a second look.

Something tells me that, besides the weather, the style of play in the Pac-12 probably matches up better with what he can and likes to do better than the Big-10. Of course, he has to live in LA (ugh). I know that many of the posters, including me, had serious concerns about his ability to defend and basically hold up under the Big 10 grind. I don't think that will be as much of a concern for him at USC.

It's also possible there are specific academic concerns or goals, that none of us know about, that may have made him take a second look.

Or if i cant play right away, might as well enjoy the beach.........

Top Bottom