Doug Gottlieb: Brian Dutcher isn’t leaving Montezuma Mesa for Minneapolis.

I didn't know sensitivity was something one needed recovery from. What's an RA Meeting?

Neat meme. I think I saw my aunt use that on Facebook in 2002.

Reptiles Anonymous.

So you auntie is the one with the humor in the family - got it!

Mike Max just said on 6 o’clock news that his sources said if Dutcher takes the job he is recruiting Ryan Saunders and Ben Johnson as assistants. Conroy would stay.
And I'm sure Maxy has really plugged in sources with Brian. I will stake what little reputation I have that Maxy isn't talking to Brian directly while he is preparing for the tournament. The plan sounds good to me. I just don't believe it.

And I'm sure Maxy has really plugged in sources with Brian. I will stake what little reputation I have that Maxy isn't talking to Brian directly while he is preparing for the tournament. The plan sounds good to me. I just don't believe it.
He might have an in with dad.

Seriously though, I could live with those assistants.
Hard to believe he wouldn't bring at least one SDSU assistant with him though. I'm guess it's more Johnson or Saunders and not both. Or no Conroy.

That coaching staff is the dictionary definition of too good to be true. But it were to be true... 🤩

Sorry, I didn't realize a message board was a one-on-one conversation.

That's the other thing that sucks about NYC, New Yorkers have the thinnest skins in the world when it comes to anyone not loving their city.
they're insufferable

This place sucks, it isn't exactly like nyc

Pizza kind of sucks too.

New Yorkers are such fools that New Yorkers in other cities will only eat bagels from places that fly in their water from New York. They'll tell it to you like it makes sense.
syk did interesting podcast on NYC water

That coaching staff is the dictionary definition of too good to be true. But it were to be true... 🤩

What gives any indication that Ryan Saunders is a good basketball coach? I like Ryan. I knew him a bit in college and he was a super nice guy and by all accounts still is, so I'm not coming from some spoiled brat angle. However, he has really had three jobs in basketball and two of them were being hired by his dad. The other one was obviously a hire that he wasn't ready for.

I think he might be a good college coach. But he's never recruited and I haven't seen anything to suggest that he really is a good coach. I'm not saying he's bad, I would just think AT BEST, he's a crap shoot. He would definitely up the suit game of the Gopher bench though, I'll give him that.

"America's Finest City" is literally the nickname of San Diego. Google "America's Finest City" and look what comes up. Having lived there, the nickname fits the bill for many reasons, not all, but many.

Go Gophers!!
San Diego is awesome. If I could afford to live there, I would.

Dutch's MN buy out clause is the best evidence that he would come here.

You can't get around that
This. The idea that he did that "just in case" or for "someday" is dumb. If it was some clause from 5 years ago, that's one thing.

He signed the contract in September 2019, knowing full well what the Gopher job entailed and that it might come open in the next 1-2 years. And that's exactly what happened.

Exactly smart move by his agent will likely help Dutcher get a bump in pay no matter what.

What other cities have you lived in or visited? What's the basis of you opinion???

I've lived in 6 states, traveled to all 50 states and 35 countries. Not sure why any of this matters.

And I didn't coin San Diego as "America's Finest City" or as a "Whale's Vagina" but I wish I had the latter.

Go Gophers!!

I've lived in 6 states, traveled to all 50 states and 35 countries. Not sure why any of this matters.

And I didn't coin San Diego as "America's Finest City" or as a "Whale's Vagina" but I wish I had the latter.

Go Gophers!!

Just a simple attempt at conversing bro - that's it.

If he had no intention of coming here, it would have been much smarter to negotiate a lower overall buyout and let multiple schools drive up his price.
Maybe his base salary was higher for having a large buyout knowing he probably wouldn’t leave

Maybe his base salary was higher for having a large buyout knowing he probably wouldn’t leave
Perhaps. My only point is that he didn't have the Minnesota clause put in their just as a 5D chess move to maybe get a raise out of it some day.

Top Bottom