Brosmer will practice with Gophers in Detroit

Worse, what if Brosmer gets hurt and won’t be able to do spring ball, summer training, or fall camp?

Just seems silly to me, that this got a special little carve out allowance.

Just wait til spring …
Nobody is going to touch him. Don't worry.

Why anyone doesn’t have them on ignore boggles my mind.
I don't know who exactly we're talking about as I can't see them, but once you put a handful of folks on ignore this place is a lot nicer.

Well aside from the chicken little crowd that shows up randomly, but otherwise it is much improved.

I don't know who exactly we're talking about as I can't see them, but once you put a handful of folks on ignore this place is a lot nicer.

Well aside from the chicken little crowd that shows up randomly, but otherwise it is much improved.
When I have someone on ignore, and they get quoted, the ignored name shows up but not the comment. Pretty apparent whom they were discussing.

When I have someone on ignore, and they get quoted, the ignored name shows up but not the comment. Pretty apparent whom they were discussing.
There’s a couple of those in here and once it gets nested it’s gone. Later on when “oh that guy talks gets going it’s not clear to me… would rather not know;)

I was just noting how much better it gets after you use that feature to filter what I will generously call “non serious users”.

Worse, what if Brosmer gets hurt and won’t be able to do spring ball, summer training, or fall camp?

Just seems silly to me, that this got a special little carve out allowance.

Just wait til spring …
Really?

I say don't play him in games either. Won't get hurt and can remain mythical.

Last edited:

if it's within the rules, go ahead.

But - here's my reaction --

let's say you're Fleck or Harbaugh. you're watching practice and Brosmer is lighting it up - looks WAY better than the other Gopher QB's. but you can't use him in the game.

on the one hand, it would get you excited about next year. but at the same time, it would be really frustrating to watch the game knowing that a much better QB is literally right there - but he can't play in the bowl.

same thing from the players' perspective. "d*mn. sure wish we could use this guy in the game...."
If Brosmer looks impressive in these practices, I would think they are more excited about next season than disappointed about not being available for a meaningless bowl game!

If Brosmer looks impressive in these practices, I would think they are more excited about next season than disappointed about not being available for a meaningless bowl game!
I dunno remember when Kill had all the Red Shirt WRs practicing and he pumped them all up for us and was all disappointed we can't see them yet? That didn't work out well ;)

Since other schools are doing this I assume it is legal. My only question. Suppose he gets hurt, whose insurance covers the injury? Especially if he isn’t enrolled yet?
30th post in this thread? Being this is Gopher fans, shouldn’t have been post #2?

I dunno remember when Kill had all the Red Shirt WRs practicing and he pumped them all up for us and was all disappointed we can't see them yet? That didn't work out well ;)
That was my prime "this is the best we're ever going to get from Jerry, a handful of wins and bowl game losses" moment when the following year ... not offense.

I still wonder why he even said that, he didn't usually hype players or positions much unless they showed it on the field.

Always more comfortable to have no diversity of thought.

Is he even enrolled in school yet? How can he be allowed to join the team, even just for practice?

Just because rules didn’t think someone would actually do a thing, and thus don’t explicitly prohibit it, does not mean the thing is within the spirit of the rules.
There are still rules in college sports? Huh, who knew.

How many accounts do you have MG?
I wouldn't have connected the two previously but yeah, who would have thought someone would say MG is more informed about anything. Who knows how many alt accounts he or anyone else has. There are a few posters on here that make you scratch your head sometimes.

Last edited:

Mid-semester? What are you talking about?

The semester is over.
In fact the term doesn't end until tomorrow.

But more importantly, the next semester and thus the official start of him being a student at the U doesn't start until Jan 16.

He is no longer a student at New Hampshire.
And he is not a student at the U, yet.

By this logic we shouldn't let him play until kickoff week 1? What if he gets hurt in the spring game? What if he gets hurt in fall camp?
Massive difference:

Spring ball and fall camp are critically necessary and can’t be avoided.

These bowl practices are completely optional and of questionable additional value, beyond spring ball.

Top Bottom