Brosmer will practice with Gophers in Detroit

The coach that runs the Scout team offense generally has cards with the opposing plays and in the huddle they go over them before each play it’s really pretty easy I’m sure Brosmer would be fine. That said, one of the things I think this board suffers from is taking things too literally so when PJ talks about him running the scout team, that’s just off the cuff probably a little bit.
Yep.....it is shocking how some get so caught up in the words coaches say and can't grasp that it might be a joke or off the cuff comment.

Brosmer and any other transfers that show up for bowl practices will almost certainly be spectators more than active participants.

I promised I was done. But, you think I made up out of thin air the idea that transfers sign a thing called an athletic aid agreement? Ok, believe what you want. Be my guest.

Uh, because PJ Fleck literally said on Monday that Brosmer is joining the team on Friday in Detroit, along with some other transfers. The team flies to Detroit on Friday and Brosmer will be joining them. Outside of that, you're right on. LOL
No idea what argument you're having with MPLS and don't want to know lol

But in PJs signing day presser yesterday said that Brosner was landing in the cities momentarily. Assuming he's here now and traveling with the team.

Interesting that no one here stopped to wonder why Brosmer is the only one of the transfers who is coming in extra-early for bowl practices.

It’s because they literally need Brosmer to run the scout team. They only have two QB left on the roster and those have to take first and second team offensive reps.

That’s it. Nothing actually more grand than that.
And if it wasn’t legal there is not a chance in a million that the most risk averse coach in America would do it.

No idea what argument you're having with MPLS and don't want to know lol

But in PJs signing day presser yesterday said that Brosner was landing in the cities momentarily. Assuming he's here now and traveling with the team.
Probably flew in on his mythical invisible jet. Or a dragon.

The coach that runs the Scout team offense generally has cards with the opposing plays and in the huddle they go over them before each play it’s really pretty easy I’m sure Brosmer would be fine. That said, one of the things I think this board suffers from is taking things too literally so when PJ talks about him running the scout team, that’s just off the cuff probably a little bit.
Yeah...he is basically saying "think of how much better it would be than the usual Scout Team QB since he is a starter" not "Hey he IS our Scout Team QB".

Yep.....it is shocking how some get so caught up in the words coaches say and can't grasp that it might be a joke or off the cuff comment.

Brosmer and any other transfers that show up for bowl practices will almost certainly be spectators more than active participants.
I disagree with the spectator part for the transfers. Bowl practices are generally 75% percent focused on getting young guys reps and will likely be the case for Brosmer as well. It might be a little less since Kramer doesn't have starting experience but I bet all of the new guys get plenty of reps.

I disagree with the spectator part for the transfers. Bowl practices are generally 75% percent focused on getting young guys reps and will likely be the case for Brosmer as well. It might be a little less since Kramer doesn't have starting experience but I bet all of the new guys get plenty of reps.
To clarify, the spectator part was more in relation to full team periods where it is off vs. def or off/def vs. scouts. I am sure they will be full participants in all the individual position work that is done and which makes up a decent chunk of the practices.

To clarify, the spectator part was more in relation to full team periods where it is off vs. def or off/def vs. scouts. I am sure they will be full participants in all the individual position work that is done and which makes up a decent chunk of the practices.
Thanks for clarifying but again they will all be active in the team periods and Brosmer will absolutely be the scout team QB to give the 1st team defense the best look possible. The scout team is ran with the plays shown to the players in the huddle during snaps so there's not any sort of learning curve for any of the new guys.

The upperclassman know the plays, the scheme, and unless there's a bunch of play installation they will give younger guys/transfers a ton of team period reps to keep the starters fresh and healthy going into the bowl game.

Any word on the pending congressional investigation into this tragedy?

Top Bottom